Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he means that the hood moves down onto the brace during bumps. The brace shouldn't move at all like you said. But thats what I think he means.

Comment

I do hear the brace knocking VERY little on bumpy roads. I think I'm going to the auto parts store today to look for a thin rupper strip to put all the way across the bar on that corner. I would do the electrical tape thing but since i painted mine it would stick out like a sore thumb. I wasn't sure if i was even going to make this issue a post because i didn't want peope to get turned off by my problem. The brace is a cool little add-on that you can feel in the cornering at first. Then you become accustomed to it a little more and drive a little harder.
      2005 G6 GT, body kit, red calipers, redline elite hood lifts, pan roof, tan leather interior, monsoon 6-disk, 17" crome rims, Dr. Speed stage 3 CAI, Strut tower brace, White painted headlights

Comment

You could get the clear 3M armor. That way it's clear, durable and looks better.

Comment

if the strut towers don't move at all, then why get a strut brace...isn't the strut brace to make them more rigid bc they do in fact flex? this means that the brace would still move, it doesnt make the whole system 100% rigid
          -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
          Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

They move in-towards each other. Not really up and down.

Comment

my point is that it moves and rubs...i don't think i said up and down, i may be wrong...i was commenting bc noah said the brace shouldnt move at ALL...i think people are just getting confused as to what others are saying

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
              Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

yeah I think this has turned into one big fuster cluck
                Originally posted by Toyz
                Originally posted by simplyred
                what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Yes this thread is turning into a mess.

Everything on the car moves, the strut towers do move but it's such a small amount and really if you didn't know you had the brace on you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Well not in this application anyway.

I didn't mean to imply that you did say they moved up and down, I was just throwing it out there more so just to type it. Sorry if I offended you or anything.

Comment

How about we leave it at .. the brace will rub up against the hood SLIGHTLY because its not made for our cars hahah
                    Originally posted by Toyz
                    Originally posted by simplyred
                    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

There is a tighter hood clearance on the G6, as opposed to the Malibu.
                      2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
                      Forge Motorsports BPV
                      CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                      HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
                      HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

no it's cool, it really just comes down to the fact it wasnt designed for our car...hitting the hood was the first thing i worried about when i saw these bc i didnt know if there was enough room

Comment

ok so now after all that, everyone is in agreement

Comment

Yes, much better.

I mentioned that he could put some 3m clear armor on the brace and it would stop it from messing the paint up on the hood and brace. And you won't have ugly rubber stripping on it or whatever you could put there.

Comment

So it moves or not? Just kidding! just kidding! Yes this isn't made for our cars but with a little extra effort of putting some buffer material on two 2" sections it will work perfectly.
                              2005 G6 GT, body kit, red calipers, redline elite hood lifts, pan roof, tan leather interior, monsoon 6-disk, 17" crome rims, Dr. Speed stage 3 CAI, Strut tower brace, White painted headlights

Comment

A rubber patch from a tire repair kit, cut and placed over the 2 areas of contact, should do the trick.
                                2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
                                Forge Motorsports BPV
                                CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                                HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
                                HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

Working...
                                X