Tail of The Dragon.... READ THIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tail of The Dragon.... READ THIS

so... last year i was part of a car club that went to the dragon... The dragon is a stretch of US Highway 129 running through Deal's Gap, Tennessee.

AKA...The Tail of the Dragon is made up of 318 turns in 11 miles. It's a curvy, convoluted dream (or should I say nightmare) and, if you're not careful, this dragon can kill you and it has taken a few lives...

here is what it looks like...

when they went last year they rented a few cabins because it is kind of a drive for some people...

i can get more information / pictures / date specific if there is an intreast in going...

you can go on YouTube.com and type in "tail of the dragon" to get a look at what it is...

IT ROCKS!!!
    Yes
    0.00%
    No
    100.00%

Re: Tail of The Dragon.... READ THIS

I would love to do that! Looks like a lot of fun.
    Blue Man Group Member #22 '06 GTP Sedan 6MT Electric Blue Lease trade in
    Now, 04 GP Comp G White: Tint, STB's, Intake, Trans cooler, Overkilled, HID's, and a few other misc. things.

Comment

that looks cool!
      Originally posted by jeffro
      nice laura, real nice!!!

Comment

if only I was closer .. make sure to take pics of the tree of shame for me
        sigpic

Comment

looks cool, might want to post this in regional section too

Comment

i was not sure where to post this.... where do you think that it will get the most exposure?

Comment

it might here, but be more region specific in either east coast/southeast

Comment

that would be in the south east region lol......we actually (in that region) had talked about doing that LONG ago but no one ever took to actually doing it....I have friends who go up there all the time...I personally am too chicken to do it in my car (id rather be taking photos of the vehicles)...we know the person that currently holds the record for cars...but it is fun to go to

Comment

I've seen some T-shirts for it before but didn't really know what it was

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                  Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

That looks pretty cool.

Comment

Here's a higher res pic if anyone cares :P

http://www.grahamcountytravel.com/maps/DRAGONmap.gif
                      Blue Man Group

Comment

Originally posted by HotG6GTP
                        that would be in the south east region lol......

east coast people arent that far from it to be interested is why i listed them

Comment

if you are driving all this way don't limit yourself to the dragon. there are lots of beautiful, twisty roads within driving distance of Deal's Gap. cherohala skyway and blue ridge parkway are definitely worth looking into while you are here.

the dragon is the most famous and popular, but the cops know that too

Comment

I am on the parkway at least one weekend a month....it is worth it

Comment

lol that looks pretty close to our "Spearfish Canyon"! I dont think it's 11 miles, but it resembles that trail!
                              18" Zyoxx ZX8 rims 245/40/18, Bridgestone Potenza's, Alpine Type R subs, Vector ECU Tune, DS stage 3, Magnaflow exhaust 6000k HID's, G6P member: 249

Comment

Working...
                              X