Bodybuilding!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bodybuilding!

i have a 20 percent off coupon to vitamin shoppe so i am waiting till all my supplements run low and then i am stocking up lol

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2557626
    2 Time ROTM Champion =P

Comment

Today was the worst work out i have had in a really long time. I had a rough night last night and i couldnt sleep for shit. I got about 3-4 hours of sleep. Boy does sleep make a huge difference. I was weak today, felt like shit, had a bad headache, and felt extremely exhausted. Couldnt even do about half of what i usually do Im going to go cry myself to sleep now oh well at least i made it and did something and i drank all my shakes, its still better then missing the whole workout and losing a whole day. i need sleep today, goodnight zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........................

PS. Im running out of protein and creatine i have to restock. its going to cost me about 160 in total for everything i need to buy. Damn supplements have to be so expensive, its hard being healthy i wish it was as cheap as fast food
      Foolish man give wife grand piano, wise man give wife upright organ. Man who fish in other man's well often catch crabs.

Comment

You know what?! I'm gonna ask my question here. Someone is bound to be able to help me. It's not a direct 'body building' question in terms of strength training, but I could use prolly a good simple 'workout plan'...

I need to gain say 5-10 lbs. I don't work out, my metabolism is high, and I don't eat much other than grilled/baked chicken, grilled fish, or the occassional hamburger/steak with simple veggies. Last time my body fat was checked I was 6% So I can't afford to go burning calories working out necessarily either.

What can I buy that I can eat/drink that will do the trick - and taste GOOD? What if I don't work out while taking the 'bulk builders'??

Comment

^^ What exactly are you wanting to do and look like.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
          Originally posted by [i
          Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

Originally posted by schenko
            You know what?! I'm gonna ask my question here. Someone is bound to be able to help me. It's not a direct 'body building' question in terms of strength training, but I could use prolly a good simple 'workout plan'...

I need to gain say 5-10 lbs. I don't work out, my metabolism is high, and I don't eat much other than grilled/baked chicken, grilled fish, or the occassional hamburger/steak with simple veggies. Last time my body fat was checked I was 6% So I can't afford to go burning calories working out necessarily either.

What can I buy that I can eat/drink that will do the trick - and taste GOOD? What if I don't work out while taking the 'bulk builders'??
            the best way to gain weight is by lifting with some basic supplements like protein and having a high calorie diet with high carbs high protein and low fat. If you try to gain weight by just eating a lot of taking weight gainers you are just gonna put on fat. And since you have a high metabolism like me you need to eat like 6 meals a day like i do lol

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2557626
            2 Time ROTM Champion =P

Comment

everybody should have 6 meals a day, regardless if they work out or not. But, if you want to gain 5-10lbs, you definitely don't want it to be fat, so you're gonna have to start doing some kind of strength training. That weight is gonna be muscle, which thankfully weighs more than fat. The way protein works is, it helps rebuild damaged muscles during a workout, so they grow bigger and stronger. You're on the right track with the fish, very high in protein. I'd say start small by maybe doing exercises like push-ups or pull-ups..you know, things where you don't need to be at a gym. And have a whey protein shake right after you're done.
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Ok. I'll NEVER eat 6 meals a day, unless you call 1 bite at a time a MEAL. I really don't eat much guys.... I'm just not that hungry...

I just want to gain 10 lbs. I don't want to 'look like' a body builder or anything. Whey shake huh? OK - I'll see what it tastes like.

Honestly, I lose weight in my sleep. I don't know how or why, but I do. I've even weighed myself before I go to bed, and when I get up - it's always about a pound to 1.5lbs less in the am. Then I spend all day trying to put that back on - I never actually GAIN any weight... A little fat prolly wouldn't hurt either...

Whey shake. Any other suggestions?

Comment

Yeah, just get old. That'll do the trick.
                  G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                  Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                  Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                  20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Well I'm working on that... But it's not catching up with me yet. In fact, it's having the opposite effect... I'm going backwards on the scale - and the years keep adding on.

Seriously - 5-10lbs. How hard can that be? I'm not doing something right. I eat lunch and dinner. I usually don't snack during the day, but I'll snack at night before bedtime and eat maybe a bowl of cereal. I have a little stomach - not much fits in it, so I'm not hungry enough to eat all day. If I can get 2 or 3 'shakes' in a day, wouldn't that be enough additional calories to gain the weight I'm looking for?

Comment

eat more meat or less depending on how you took that.

try to force yourself to eat more past the verge of a "full" feeling.

Comment

You're gonna have to eat eat eat. You're not gonna gain anything if your calorie intake is the same or less than what you output. One pound is equal to 3500 calories. But if you're gonna take in that many calories, you'll definitely need some sort of exercise so it all doesn't turn to skin-sagging fat.
                        -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

Oh yea, I had my 'stuff' out today and decided to show you guys what I'm currently taking.

Not alot, but enough for what I want to do with my body.
                          -Mike #1

Comment

well a trick of those speed eaters is to eat lettuce to expand their stomach...so if you dont eat a lot because you get full fast just try having a salad before every lunch/dinner and youll be able to eat more which unless you magically lose that too, lol, you probaly gain a little wieght...then on top of that id try small work outs where you dont need a lot of wieghts or equipment....so do like wall sits and push-ups and lunges, even sits up holding a small wieght behind ur head....none of these should make you loook bulky or like on of those girls on worlds strongest, lol, will actually help tone your legs and arms and tighten body all together......or easy fix go buy a few boxes of cinnabon, they are sooo good
                            what makes a decision right or wrong is what happens after that decision is made -Marv Levy

'07 GT coupe, black with black rolling on black(crome) The Original

Comment

^ haha. Or anything Entenmann's! One donut is like, 400 calories
                              -Mike #1

Comment

mmm Cinnabon...

Is that whey shake yucky tasting?

Comment

Working...
                                X