Bodybuilding!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bodybuilding!

how much casein is needed per day approx? i plan on using real food rather than the supplement.

Comment

I look pretty good next to Steve Saleen eh?

Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Originally posted by Dmanj View Post
        how much casein is needed per day approx? i plan on using real food rather than the supplement.
        well casein is equally as crucial at night as it is post workout as it helps during the day after your workout for that crucial recovery period. To quell that I would just do your post workout protein shake with milk instead of water. that is sufficient for that. then just try to incorporate some dairy in your diet throughout the day and a bowl of cottage cheese before bed or maybe a big glass of chocolate milk before bed that would work too. I dont really have it pegged to a number of grams just be sure you are taking in a decent amount. My shake before bed, i believe, is 35 grams, plus the fact i take it with whole milk so even more than that.

Originally posted by Lampoon View Post
        I look pretty good next to Steve Saleen eh?

to be honest you do look fit Robert. (and not just because you are standing next to steve saleen.) It isn't that common to see someone that is your age (dont take that comment wrong) to be in the shape you are in.
        sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonGTP View Post
          well casein is equally as crucial at night as it is post workout as it helps during the day after your workout for that crucial recovery period. To quell that I would just do your post workout protein shake with milk instead of water. that is sufficient for that. then just try to incorporate some dairy in your diet throughout the day and a bowl of cottage cheese before bed or maybe a big glass of chocolate milk before bed that would work too. I dont really have it pegged to a number of grams just be sure you are taking in a decent amount. My shake before bed, i believe, is 35 grams, plus the fact i take it with whole milk so even more than that.
          Ok thanks. I already use milk in my post workout shakes. Ill have up my dairy consumption abit and start eating some cheese

Comment

Originally posted by Dmanj View Post
            Ok thanks. I already use milk in my post workout shakes. Ill have up my dairy consumption abit and start eating some cheese
            good deal. AND GET THOSE CALORIES UP! im quickly approaching my middle off season goal of 205 and hope to push on to 220 or 225 before i start cutting for my next comp
            sigpic

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Comment

hows everybody doin?
              sigpic

Comment

got the flu for 2 weeks. was doin really well, but now with this set back, ive lost 7 pound so far. It really sucks
                2006 Pontiac G6 V6-Too many mods-Traded In(RIP 2006-2010)
                2008 G8 GT-TSP Forged LS3-Procharger-219/231 RCR Cam-TSP Ported L92's-Squash-Kooks-Solo 3in-SS Wheels and Brakes-Demon8-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Custom Earls Tranny Cooler
                613/543 @11.5psi Old Numbers
                11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft
                New numbers coming soon........

Comment

illnesses will destroy you. i HATE getting sick. after my comp i got food poisoning and it was something like 5 days after my comp and i had put on 10-12 lbs and lost it ALL from food poisoning. i will not eat taco bell again
                  sigpic

Comment

i think this video should be some sort of bodybuilding sticky. just watch the first while of it and listen. its general tips like this that most people don't know and try all these hype workouts and supplements that will "get them big fast" getting big fast doesn't happen. period.

sigpic

Comment

CrimsonGTP what weight are you doing your competitions at?
                      Current mods:

Tinted tails, 5% tint all around with windshield strip, blacked door chrome, debadged, custom "Pontiac" on trunk, 55w HID 6000k, red interior trim, intake resonator delete, black 18" Malibu LTZ rims with Michelin 225/45 18, white map and dome LEDs, Racingline STB, red painted brake calipers.

To come:
                      Lowering springs or coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by 08g6 View Post
                        CrimsonGTP what weight are you doing your competitions at?
                        my last comp was middleweights which was 165-180. hopefully my next is light heavy. anywhere between 190-200 leaned out. that would be ideal but i doubt that even. my IDEAL goal is to weigh about 220 by july-ish and hopefully shave 20 off for the comp and weight 200. WE WILL SEE. im chillin around 200 now.
                        sigpic

Comment

Cool man. I'm jealous lol I have always wanted to do a competition but don't have the determination to eat that well. Maybe when I move out.
                          Current mods:

Tinted tails, 5% tint all around with windshield strip, blacked door chrome, debadged, custom "Pontiac" on trunk, 55w HID 6000k, red interior trim, intake resonator delete, black 18" Malibu LTZ rims with Michelin 225/45 18, white map and dome LEDs, Racingline STB, red painted brake calipers.

To come:

Comment

Hey everyone! New to this thread, glad I'm not the only one out there working out and even more happy there are a lot of people who know 20x's what I do! Long story short worked out in HS, was on the wrestling team blah blah - went into the Marine Corps (btw to answer the MAC answer, our H2H is MCMAP) got out and slowly got out of my PT routine. Well, 2 or 3 years of not going to the gym started to get to me. When I got out of the corps I was 220 and I'd like to get back to my old size. I've been going to the gym 3-5 times a week (depending on work) and am losing the beer belly, my sets are increasing in weight and reps but I know I am not gaining like I did before (was hoping muscle memory would kick in a bit faster haha!)

I was always told that weight will come naturally but reps are your driving force. I know 'to build muscle high weight low reps and to tone low weight with high reps" - again - I was trained to 'exhaust your muscles' IE put as much weight on there you can lift as many times as possible safely while slowly increasing weight so it was never a defined 'do 3 sets of 10'. I also remember doing a 10-8-6-15 set. Example - 10 times with 100lbs, 8 times with 120, 6 times with 140 then 15 times with 75lbs.

You guys know more than I do about this stuff - I was told 'lift that, eat this, rest now' and although I went through the motions I never got to true science behind it. I do not take supplements, vitamins, creatine or anything like that, I eat terrible (I do know that is my major issue to correct first) not so much fast food or unhealthy but i will eat once or twice a day (usually breakfast and lunch or lunch and dinner), don't drink enough water (maybe 3 or 4 glasses a day), drink soda oh - and I smoke a cigar in the car while I wait for my wife after the gym LOL.

Long story short - Fix eating, Fix water consumption, not gunna fix the cigar smoking HAHA
                            What else would be the best option for me though? I want to gain some size but I like that I am flexible and decently quick - I don't want to walk sideways through the door but I do want to get cut and grow some.

Thank you in advance,
                            David
                            Last edited by stlouisdave; 02-21-2011, 09:57 PM.
                            Semper Fi - David Hall - 2009 Pontiac G6 GT Blue 4-Door

Performance: CRABS 03 and FPU, Resonator Delete, RL Strut Tower Bar

Appearance: Debadged - Window Tint 35% front 18% back - Emblem Overlays - Door Sill Overlays

Comment

My advice would be definitely work on your legs if you want to gain any size at all. You always see those big bugs with skinny legs, yes they are big but they did it slowly. If you want to gain some upper weight at all you need to build you base as thats where all the power comes from with everything. I would also advise in switching your workouts up. Don't continually come into the gym and do the same routine over and over. The reason so many people plateau is because their you get muscle memory and they do the same think over and over. You need to shock your body and thats how you make gains. You can do this by switching up the resistance like using cables over dumbbells or kettle balls or dumbbells over barbells. Also, just switch up your reps too. If you are doing low reps, start doing higher reps, or if your doing higher reps, do lower. Also, you can always add more sets. Furthermore, if you want to get lean, the only way to do that is cardio..period. You can't get off your fat by just doing weights, you NEED to do cardio.
                              Current mods:

To come:

Comment

That is a lot of help and explains quit a bit. I always alternate between arms and legs so I'm not neglecting (trying not to at least ha ha) and my legs days are only about an hour or so (generic squats, lunges, calf machine, hamstrings, etc) but I've almost completely taken cardio out of my routine where as when i was in the service we'd run 2-5 miles a day regardless. I will put that back into my routine starting today.

Thank you again!
                                David
                                Semper Fi - David Hall - 2009 Pontiac G6 GT Blue 4-Door

Performance: CRABS 03 and FPU, Resonator Delete, RL Strut Tower Bar

Appearance: Debadged - Window Tint 35% front 18% back - Emblem Overlays - Door Sill Overlays

Comment

Working...
                                X