Bodybuilding!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bodybuilding!

Vandie, I play outfield. Thats not al lthe stuff i do, I was just highlighting some of the more known exercises that people liek to talk about. The workout I do I had my buddy make for me, he plays for the St. Louis Cardinals in their farm system. It is baseball specific but I still work in some of my old time favorites =P also I lift out side of school w/o a trainer

Also dori the reason I don't take creatine is because i don't want to lose definition. Although i do agree creatine is a great supplement it does put on a lot of water weight at first. I was gonna take NO Explode for its nitric oxide value but I take argenine and it serves the same purpose.

I also watch my protein intake, in between meals i will have protein bars. But beyond protein most of my calorie intake is carbs. My friend also setup a diet program for me but it is a 2600 calorie diet. And techincally to gain muscle your calorie intake should be your body weight times 20 plus 1000...so i should be consuming 4000 calories daily. Basically I don't keep track but I try to eat as much good food as possible lol...and so far the results of been great. lol
    surprising I am actually 20 percent body fat according to a scale i have that measures but I dont know how accurate it is. but I have no idea where this fat is coming from because I am well defined with a 6 pack. makes no sense to me but I am not going to do cardio until i am in season, there is no point right now.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2557626
    2 Time ROTM Champion =P

Comment

well looks like your on the right track then...when you posted those just those numbers i was worried that thats all you were going for, but obviously not...a lot of people dont realize how much work and time sports require once you get to a high level, you seemed pretty determined to get to your goal so good luck with it...have you go to any pro try outs yet? heard they are pretty crazy, one of my former teammates told me they had him stand in the right field corner and throw to 3rd and kids were making it in the air, i've played with kids that have cannons but thats ridiculous....lol, good luck again and keep working
      what makes a decision right or wrong is what happens after that decision is made -Marv Levy

'07 GT coupe, black with black rolling on black(crome) The Original

Comment

^ from right corner? holy shit thats far as f*** good luck G6Kid

well went to the gym today offcourse, and as i previously stated that im trying to get back what i used to do and more, im currently trying out this quick 12 week program.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/randy14.htm

In 12 weeks ill be benching 300 lbs which doesnt seem to bad since i already did the first weeks routine (today i started it) and it was really simple, weights werent that heavy for me and the only thing im really feeling is my delts, mostly the front. Soooooo just wanted to get some feed back, what you guys think of that 12 week program. Think i can do it?

if i am able to do it in 12 weeks then im going to go for this then.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/randy142.htm

this one seems a lot more difficult to pull off, now that will take a lot of dedication, not to mention lots of protein and creatine, and not to mention a high risk of injury if i f up and dont train right or have bad form. Im debating on doing the second one but i might try it not sure yet. Let me know what you guys think. Oh and these 2 programs thats only for mondays, i will still do other exercises the rest of the week but i will only work out my triceps on thursday after they recuperate from mondays workout

I know im crazy
        Foolish man give wife grand piano, wise man give wife upright organ. Man who fish in other man's well often catch crabs.

Comment

damn you might have to train like Arnold to pull that off Then again maybe not. I was reading about his life as a bodybuilder, and it said he used to go to the gym 3 times a day for about 2 hours at a time Insane.

So talking about bad form at the gym, I can't stand watching those people. They move their entire body to perform a single repetition. It's amazing they don't injure themselves on the spot. Especially when doing barbell curls. Their entire body shifts back and forth, instead of just their elbows. Wrong wrong wrong.

For someone looking for an alternative to barbell curls, try doing body-drags. Grab a barbell with hands shoulder-length apart, bend the knees and lean forward slighty. Intead of curling it, bend your elbows and raise the bar to your chest, keeping it as close to your torso as possible the entire time. Hold, tighten your biceps, and lower the bar back down. I can tell you after the first time I did a few sets of these, I felt a burn in my biceps that I never felt before from any other bicep exercise. It is most exellent.
          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Today for squat i did the following in order:
            225 - 10 reps
            275 - 8 reps
            295 - 6 reps
            315 - 4 reps
            335 - 4 reps

for some reason my gains week to week with my legs, specifically squat are ridiculous.
            today made me confident that i will definitely be able to get 415 as my max come the end of february, probably more =P

also i started doing power cleans again today, what a tiring exercise! but it is definitely great for explosive strength lol

2 Time ROTM Champion =P

Comment

Originally posted by G6kid
              225 - 10 reps
              275 - 8 reps
              295 - 6 reps
              315 - 4 reps
              335 - 4 reps

for some reason my gains week to week with my legs, specifically squat are ridiculous.
              today made me confident that i will definitely be able to get 415 as my max come the end of february, probably more =P

also i started doing power cleans again today, what a tiring exercise! but it is definitely great for explosive strength lol
              not bad, thats a pretty good goal there. good luck with it and dont hurt yourself. i really need to start working out my legs i bet i cant even do 225 and i havent even done power cleans since high school oh boy thats not good

I did biceps today but today sucked, i fell asleep as soon as i got home from work so after i woke up i went to the gym but i was still tired so it was one of those days just going through the motions tomorrow is supposed to be legs knowing me ill find an excuse not to go thats the problem of not having a work out partner. My gains are really suffering because i find it hard some times to go to failure since i dont want to hurt myself cuz i know no one is going to help it sucks having lazy friends

[/rant]

i wanted to ask you guys, what do you guys think of ON (optimum nutition) 100% whey protein. That seems to be the favorite of a lot of ppl on bb.com and its also the one that i use. What brand do you guys use. Also for creatine, i use celltech hardcore but i heard that its bad since you lose all your gains as soon as you stop, a lot of ppl use monohydrate creatine which its creatine at its purest form. thinking of switching to that as soon as i run out of cell tech but just wandering what you guys think. Last but not least, do any of you have or currently using any nitric oxide products? Heard they are good but never taken them so im skeptic as i dont have a lot of money to splurge on supplements.
              Foolish man give wife grand piano, wise man give wife upright organ. Man who fish in other man's well often catch crabs.

Comment

Originally posted by DoriG6
                225 - 10 reps
                275 - 8 reps
                295 - 6 reps
                315 - 4 reps
                335 - 4 reps

not bad, thats a pretty good goal there. good luck with it and dont hurt yourself. i really need to start working out my legs i bet i cant even do 225 and i havent even done power cleans since high school oh boy thats not good

I did biceps today but today sucked, i fell asleep as soon as i got home from work so after i woke up i went to the gym but i was still tired so it was one of those days just going through the motions tomorrow is supposed to be legs knowing me ill find an excuse not to go thats the problem of not having a work out partner. My gains are really suffering because i find it hard some times to go to failure since i dont want to hurt myself cuz i know no one is going to help it sucks having lazy friends

[/rant]

i wanted to ask you guys, what do you guys think of ON (optimum nutition) 100% whey protein. That seems to be the favorite of a lot of ppl on bb.com and its also the one that i use. What brand do you guys use. Also for creatine, i use celltech hardcore but i heard that its bad since you lose all your gains as soon as you stop, a lot of ppl use monohydrate creatine which its creatine at its purest form. thinking of switching to that as soon as i run out of cell tech but just wandering what you guys think. Last but not least, do any of you have or currently using any nitric oxide products? Heard they are good but never taken them so im skeptic as i dont have a lot of money to splurge on supplements.

i use ON! its great stuff, it actually tastes good and is a nice source of protein and BCAA's, i recommend you get glutamine to go with it for after your lifts.

also dont complain about not having a partner! just motivate yourself, it was hard for me at first too but if you push yourself for a couple weeks it becomes habit, also when you are doing lower reps for a set find some random person in the gym to spot you ( not any random person though, find the strongest person in the gym, cuz they know how to spot usually lol)

2 Time ROTM Champion =P

Comment

i use ON! its great stuff, it actually tastes good and is a nice source of protein and BCAA's, i recommend you get glutamine to go with it for after your lifts.

also dont complain about not having a partner! just motivate yourself, it was hard for me at first too but if you push yourself for a couple weeks it becomes habit, also when you are doing lower reps for a set find some random person in the gym to spot you ( not any random person though, find the strongest person in the gym, cuz they know how to spot usually lol)
                  no yea i know i dont usually complain any more, ive been working out for years on and off now so its nothing new to me. Im used to working out by myself and when i usually go for the real heavy weights i always find some one to spot me. But you have to agree there is nothing compared to a good work out partner. Plus you motivate each other and its a lot more fun. Now i just go in there with my iphone on and listening to music, work out hard and get out within an hour. I dont talk to any one, i dont take long rest, i just work out. Its a lot more fun with a partner but by yourself you can also accomplish a lot since you have no choice but to focus. Still, on days like today when i was just going through the motion i could of sure used some motivation

As far as glutamine is concerned, my main supplements right now are going to be whey protein, casein protein, creatine, and a multivitamin which i have to pick up soon. Im not sure if i can afford any thing other then that so for now ill just stick with those since they are important. If i had more money to spend on supplements i would also buy zma's, glutamine, and nitric oxide.

Comment

spotters...lol some people are so funny, you can watch someone fighting to get the bar up and instead of making sure the bar doesnt go negative the spotter just grabs it and pulls it up to the rack...lol, that person just lost a huge change of gaining strenght
                    what makes a decision right or wrong is what happens after that decision is made -Marv Levy

'07 GT coupe, black with black rolling on black(crome) The Original

Comment

those are lifters not spotters

that is the good thing about having a partner, they know how to spot to help you, not hinder you

Comment

I use ON as well. It's one of the best. I signed up for a membership card at Vitamin Shoppe and bought two 5lb containers of it. Rocky Road and Vanilla Ice Cream. They were $20 each. They're delicious. You can mix awesome shakes with them. I just had one today...two scoops of Rocky Road, 8oz of fat free milk, and a scoop of peanut butter. Blend together with some ice.
                        -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82

So talking about bad form at the gym, I can't stand watching those people. They move their entire body to perform a single repetition. It's amazing they don't injure themselves on the spot. Especially when doing barbell curls. Their entire body shifts back and forth, instead of just their elbows. Wrong wrong wrong.

I was just talking about that the other day. Its funny to watch people do standing curls and they never even extend there arms back down more than half way. all in all they are actually doing about a 1 inch curl with lots of weight. Wow I say Wow.

I am curling 2 sets 8 reps of 45lbs dumbells in each arm now with no body movement at all. Fully extended and alternating so that the arm stops and deos not swing. i have been lifting for 9 years so I know all about form and how important it really is.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
                          Originally posted by [i
                          Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

Originally posted by WS6 RACING
                            I am curling 2 sets 8 reps of 45lbs dumbells in each arm now with no body movement at all. Fully extended and alternating so that the arm stops and deos not swing. i have been lifting for 9 years so I know all about form and how important it really is.
                            so i failed again at going to the gym today and doing legs like i was supposed to. I fell asleep when i got home, hmmmmm i can still go since its still early enough. I hate legs

hey gtp guy, how the hell did you pay just 20 for each container. I payed about 40 something for my one 5lb

Comment

I have pretty nice muscles but am no way sculpted to show them off....Yet

i am doin legs on friday if you want to come over

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
                              Originally posted by [i
                              Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

Originally posted by DoriG6
                                hey gtp guy, how the hell did you pay just 20 for each container. I payed about 40 something for my one 5lb
                                you know what, I just went to Vitamin Shoppe's website and I see what you're talking about. Their 5lb containers are now $39.99. It must have been a sale when I bought them, because they were $19.99 each. Damn. Now I gotta pay that when I run out, I was hoping that was VitaminShoppe's set price.

EDIT: My bad, the 2lb containers were $20 I think I bought 5lb ones on ebay for less once a long time ago though. Sorry.
                                -Mike #1

Comment

Working...
                                X