This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPD hood 2 - What a success! Ended 3/20/2008-- SUCCESS

We need a minimum order of 5 hoods to get this group buy discount.
    So at one hood a piece we need at least 5 people.

MPD will go $600 a hood w/free crate packing on this group buy.
    Shipping will be about 123.00 additional to a commercial location.
    Depends how close you are. Mine was like $114.

** this does not include the conversion box for your intake.
    I dont believe he makes those anymore as he said it only worked on the early 05's but we can find out what options are available if this is a go.

At this time this is only for the hood.

Here is the company info:
    mpd1@iendeavor.com
    This domain may be for sale!

765-386-6731

The hoods sell for $695 and the crate fee is usually around $40.
    So $600 w/free crateing is a savings of $135 or over 19% off.

Last time people dropped out like crazy and it put me in quite a corner
    so this next paragraph is important.

We need to start a list.
    This list needs to be people who are not on the fence about this but people who want it and have the funds to order it.

Once we have at least 5 then we set a date to call and order it.
    We have to order around the same day and we can set that date up.
    I will give you the discount instructions if we can meet the minimum
    5 hoods.

If you are buying one anytime soon or thinking about it get on this wagon while you can. They do not ordinarilly do this.

Also you do not pay shipping until it arrives. They only ship to businesses
    not homes. Basically hand your body shop the $$ cause they will have to pay the guy who brings it. Like COD.

Sooo who is in?

LIST OF PARTICIPANTS:
    1. Kman
    2. bluegtp33

Discuss to your hearts content and post up hood snaps if you like but dont copy and add your name to the list unless you are prepaired to carry this out please.
    Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
    Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
    WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

The hoods do not come primed or painted. They do have a black gel type coat over the fiberglass though.

MODS:

Comment

A note to anyone wanting the conversion box that was offered I have the one that came with mine still if you want it. Also a couple of threads that might be helpful for you making up your mind are.

http://www.g6performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9903

http://www.g6performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9987

http://www.g6performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5157

http://www.g6performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9961

http://www.g6performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3114

2013 Subaru Wrx STi "Rally Armor Mud Flaps, LED Interior Lights, Tint, R205 Badges, WeatherTech Mats, Volk CE28N Rims, WC lathe werks Stainless Sphere Shift Knob"

2009 Solstice GXP #1123 "Solo Mach Exhaust, GMPP Stage 2, Soft Top, Trifecta Tune, 4.5k Hids"

2006 G6 GTP "GT-R, VMS Tune, Crabs, 4.5k HIDS, HSRK, 35% Tint, Spolier, GMPP Strut Bar, Other Random Mods"

Comment

ok, i'm just tagging this thread bc i'm on the fence, but not sober, so i'll reconsider in the morning
        -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
        Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

I get nothing out of this and the buyers will be paying and dealing with the
          company. I will, however, say that everyone I know who has this hood loves it but it is quite a bit of $$ when you factor in prep and painting.

If this goes to a full group buy yall can buy me a beer.

I did it in stages and actually did all the prep work myself to save $$.

If you want, they can install metal plates in the hood so you can attach
          quicklifts to this hood. Be sure and set that up with them when ordering.
          Just an idea - as it is possible.

I had them do it and I installed quicklifts on my MPD. Did it before paint so the brackets are all painted in w/my hood. :P
          You dont want to attempt quicklifts on a fiberglass hood sans the metal plates in the fiberglass for support.

MODS:

Comment

I won't be in on this. Sorry. Brakes and rotors all around are my next item. Plus replace a Chrometech and tire.
            G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
            Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
            Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
            20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

damn. I wish I knew if we were getting that concept hood or not, or atleast how soon we'd get it. If that were out of the equation, I would be on the list right now.

My Progression Page: click here

Comment

This has my interest but I kinda want to know what is going to happen with that other hood. Money is gonna be a little tight for the next month or so. If this could be delayed for about 1-2 months I would be able to go for it then. I would also prbbly need to get a CRAB then right?

Comment

Originally posted by newbiestyle
                  . I would also prbbly need to get a CRAB then right?
                  THE TRUTH COMES OUT

since Pooners said they no longer make the air boxes the only way to get on for a hood is with one of Pooners CRABS

and he said he wouldnt get anything out of this

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                  Originally posted by snowmanG6
                  you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

X2 for the delay entry for me. If the other Hood falls through I will actually sign up for this.
                    2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                    2005 CGM GTO.
                    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                      X2 for the delay entry for me. If the other Hood falls through I will actually sign up for this.
                      pooners will the group buy be open for how ever long it takes to get 5 ppl?

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                      TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                      Show
                      -20% tint
                      -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                      -Professionally heated seats

Comment

If you can get 4 definite buyers, I will be in on this.
                        2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
                        Forge Motorsports BPV
                        CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                        HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
                        HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

No one gets the discount and its not an official deal until we get 5+ people to call in orders. Then I contact MPD and those people will get the discount (almost 20% off).

I dont know how long MPD will allow me to drum up 5 people.
                          I just reminded them of the deal we got last time and begged them to do it again. They forgot what is was last time (10% off) and offered me almost $100 off plus free crating...or is it spelled crateing?

anyway.....Im gonna guess he will prolly give me a couple weeks tops.
                          I told him I would get back with him soon.

Yall wanna wait on the other hood and pass this up is fine with me.

MODS:

Comment

IM IN!!!!

i have to have a hood in the next few weeks, cause the car is getting fixed

as for the other hood guys, ill have an update monday, but it is at least a few months away (plus you can always sell this hood later, and probably not lose any money on it, even ebaying it)

so 1. bluegtp33

Comment

40% there people!!

LIST OF PARTICIPANTS:
                              1. Kman
                              2. bluegtp33

As for the CRABS..... Its only a hobby people!
                              You can make your own like I did!

Clay....can I have that box?
                              Maybe I can refab those cheaper than the CRAB...?

MODS:

Comment

Working...
                              X