Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll wait for the news that Pooners will be spilling later and then that'll decide my fate. I make enough money, already have school paid for, and looking to enhance my G6 in a fresh way =D.

But I'm definitely bothered between the hood and the exhaust. Are their any Virginia guys with the hood? I know most of the Virginia guys have the exhaust.

Also, I have the Dr Speed CAB and I've been reading intake issues I guess; from what I'm assuming from what I've read, my CAB is alright with this hood, correct?
    Current: Kicker L7 12" with Sundown Amp, DrS CAB, GT-R Exhaust, 93 VMS ECU, red LED interior, 20% tint all around, blinging wheels, Red Calipers, tinted tails, angel eyes, 8000k HIDs, Eibachs Pro Springs, MPD Hood, custom mounted front door speakers

August East Coast Meet Thread

Comment

Originally posted by candypaint
      I'll wait for the news that Pooners will be spilling later and then that'll decide my fate. I make enough money, already have school paid for, and looking to enhance my G6 in a fresh way =D.

But I'm definitely bothered between the hood and the exhaust. Are their any Virginia guys with the hood? I know most of the Virginia guys have the exhaust.

Also, I have the Dr Speed CAB and I've been reading intake issues I guess; from what I'm assuming from what I've read, my CAB is alright with this hood, correct?
      NO its not. you would need to get pooners to give you some of his CRABS for it to work! (Cold Ram Air BOX)

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
      TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
      Show
      -20% tint
      -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
      -Professionally heated seats

Comment

I wanna hear what extra goodies I will be getting

Pooners told me in a PM earlier that there was something about the hood before he posted here but he wouldn't tell me there either
        2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
        Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
        Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
        2005 CGM GTO.
        386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
        2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by leong6gtp

NO its not. you would need to get pooners to give you some of his CRABS for it to work! (Cold Ram Air BOX)
          I don't want crabs....unless they were from a sexy hooker and then maybe I'll think about it.
          Current: Kicker L7 12" with Sundown Amp, DrS CAB, GT-R Exhaust, 93 VMS ECU, red LED interior, 20% tint all around, blinging wheels, Red Calipers, tinted tails, angel eyes, 8000k HIDs, Eibachs Pro Springs, MPD Hood, custom mounted front door speakers

Comment

Pooners CRABs are the best

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
            Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Originally posted by candypaint
              Originally posted by leong6gtp

I don't want crabs....unless they were from a sexy hooker and then maybe I'll think about it.

the box will fit under the hood no problem, the problem becomes that the air from the hood wont be trapped inside the box you currently have. hence the crab (cold ram air box)

Comment

Originally posted by the_skin_eater
                So are these any lighter than stock?

Just metal???

No issues with water in the engine bay on anything important or anything like that?

I havnt found much info on these yet...Kinda lookin around.
                Things its pretty sexy though.

I maaaaaaaaaaaaay be in...Though, i have to buy a house now that I have no where to live, and Im freshly single....Fuckin women.
                Wait, no gf. That means more money....WOOO

no one on here with the hood has reported one single problem to my knowledge

pooners, the info NOW

Comment

Pooners said though for us 3.9L's the engine cover must either be shaved or taken off to fit the CRAB....
                  2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                  Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                  Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                  2005 CGM GTO.
                  386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                  2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

^ True

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                    Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

LIST OF PARTICIPANTS:
                      1. Kman
                      2. bluegtp33
                      3. WoodburyMan
                      4. Rannin Ravensight
                      ok, I am in for real now.

My Progression Page: click here

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                        Pooners said though for us 3.9L's the engine cover must either be shaved or taken off to fit the CRAB....
                        I can attest to that since I tried it with the engine cover on and it is crammed in there. I now have the engine cover off exposing my uterus to everyone. If you want pics of what it looks like on the 3.9 look up my thread.

2013 Subaru Wrx STi "Rally Armor Mud Flaps, LED Interior Lights, Tint, R205 Badges, WeatherTech Mats, Volk CE28N Rims, WC lathe werks Stainless Sphere Shift Knob"

2009 Solstice GXP #1123 "Solo Mach Exhaust, GMPP Stage 2, Soft Top, Trifecta Tune, 4.5k Hids"

2006 G6 GTP "GT-R, VMS Tune, Crabs, 4.5k HIDS, HSRK, 35% Tint, Spolier, GMPP Strut Bar, Other Random Mods"

Comment

The owner of MPD (Eric) sent me a message. I'm awaiting clarification about if it is included or when it will be available but
                          this is it:

If this group buy goes through I am going to finish a part I have been working on that will route the air on top of the CAI, basically a add on part to the hood. Eric-mpd.

Sooooo those with CABs will have it directed right to the box. So no more CRABS Just a CAB and the added hood piece.

80% there!!
                          LIST OF PARTICIPANTS:
                          1. Kman
                          2. bluegtp33
                          3. WoodburyMan
                          4. Rannin Ravensight
                          Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                          Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                          WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

PEOPLE!!

Would you consider I buy this hood before the GT-R and get the GT-R later? By the way Pooners, I would be paying with a money order so would I get my 3% as listed in the first group buy?

Comment

I will ask.
                              Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                              Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                              WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Alright, cool deal then.

Comment

Working...
                                X