No announcement yet.

wiring diagram?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you find out what would be needed to put controls in my car with the 4 spoke wheel. Basically I need to know if the car had to come with the steering wheel buttons in it for the cd player to recognize them if you put them in aftermarket!
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Here are the radio controls schematics:

2005 Model:

2006:
      3spoke wheel:

4spoke wheel:
      Colin.
      06 G6 GTP. 6spd.
      92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid N/A 13.99 @ 95.22mph
      90 Talon TSi -13.76 @ 99.41

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by v6h.o.
        Many thanks! This helps me get a bit closer.
        Jay
        '06-G6-V6

Comment

that definaly helps.. but what I'm looking to find out is if all radios will accept the steering wheel controls ooooooor if only certain ones will and if so which ones? Finding that out would be clutch for me!!!
          Originally posted by Toyz
          Originally posted by simplyred
          what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
          As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

In the Radio Control thread I just posted what I know about this issue...
            According to my parts guy there is no indication regarding Radio part numbers that indicate will or will not work with radio controls. Take that for what it worth (doesn't necessarily prove anything but it's hopeful).
            Whether the wiring is in place is an entirely different story.
            Jay
            '06-G6-V6

Comment

Another diagram request

Colin,
              The wiring diagrams that you supply are invaluable in determining what I can and can't do with my radio control modification. I must ask again for another diagram. This time I need the wiring that goes from the SIR coil or clock spring whatever it's called to the cruise control switch. I need to determine what wire is ground and which is light control (adjustable +12v). I was able to figure out that pins 1 and 3 on the radio control switch are for the lights in the switch but it must tap off the wires that go to the cruise control for these signals. This is for the 3-spoke wheel on an ’06 Sedan.
              As always thank you for your help in this matter.
              Jay
              '06-G6-V6

Comment

pics from Cruise and the SIR system.

I honestly don't know what IS or Isn't present in the wiring systems for if the radio control wiring is there to just plug in or not. I would assume it would be.
                Colin.
                06 G6 GTP. 6spd.
                92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid N/A 13.99 @ 95.22mph
                90 Talon TSi -13.76 @ 99.41

Comment

Updates my man on the 3-spoke steering wheel controls?
                  TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by v6h.o
                    I honestly don't know what IS or Isn't present in the wiring systems for if the radio control wiring is there to just plug in or not. I would assume it would be.
                    At least in my V-6 Sedan there was no wiring present for the radio control switch. The SIR coil pins C and D were available and when I connected them to the Radio control switch (with a custom harness) it worked, but as if the system was the 4-spoke steering wheel.
                    What I was looking from the schematics that you just gave us (thank you ) was where to wire in the ground and light control power. I was able to determine ground but the light control signal is mentioned but without any connector pin or wire color. I guess I can use pin E on the SIR coil which looks like it would be +12 volts (Run/Crank).
                    Although the more I look at the schematic the more confused I get. It looks like when you depress the On/Off button you create a dead short from Run/Crank to ground! Any thoughts on this?
                    Thanks for all your help.
                    Jay
                    '06-G6-V6

Comment

Pushing my luck!

Originally posted by v6h.o.
                      I know I'm pushing my luck but would it be possible for you to get the schematic that shows the other two connections that contol the lights in the Radio Control Switch (pins 1 and 3). I'm very close to having this all figured out. I have the radio changing volume along with the other buttons working but the wiring for the switches lights is the only missing piece for me.
                      Thanks.
                      Jay
                      '06-G6-V6

Comment

What about a schematic of the stock amp in the monsoon system? Im running a LOC and want to run it straight from the amp.
                        Dont BOV or your going to cause a boost spike and leak blinker fluid causing you to lock up your muffler bearings.
                        Eric # whatever
                        newbiestyle:
                        holy shiatfcuk its heebs!!

Comment

Re: wiring diagram?

2005 G6 with deployed driver airbag (ugly looking square bag), I tried installing the complete 2006 (three spoke) steering wheel assembly only to realize that even though it contains exactly the same controls and the connectors fit in the same, the wiring appears different, now it a push the cruise control, the radio changes from FM to AM ... lol ...

Has anyone do this mod?, I cannot return the 2006 steering wheel. I think the car looks better with that wheel than previous.
                          Last edited by Doxeng; 11-01-2015, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Re: wiring diagram?

Lampoon swapped his out.

Show: GXP Hood - 2009.5 Front Bumper & Rear Spoiler - Black Housing Headlights - White LED Reverse and License Plate Lights- White LED Interior Dome & Map Lights - Matsushita Gen4 6000K HID Lows - White LED Fogs - GXP Rear Bumper - White LED KPH Instrument Cluster Conversion - 15% Tint

Go: CRAB + FPU Powder coated wrinkle black - Racingline STB , MMI & Grounding Kit - Dash Hawk - Front 4 Piston Brembo Brakes - Rear Cobalt SS TC Brakes - BMD Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines & Endlinks - WAMS 93 Tune - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - Milzy Motorsports Headers

Progression Page: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22818
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2594110

Comment

Working...
                            X