Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Only alternative to aftermarket radio w/ DIC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowLab
    Here is the installation pdf from Metra's website. It has the same sku number, but the kit looks different than the photos from that other link.

Metra Online Dealer Warehouse. Order dealer parts, install kits, factory dash kits, online for your local dealership or auto shop.

If anyone adds an aftermarket unit, please give us some feedback after you're done.

Kevin.
    thanks for this. Now I can finally take the dash apart!

Mike
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

How about the colors??? blue and white definitely does not match all the red lights everywhere.
      Redline Elite Quicklift Kit
      GT-R Exhaust System
      K&N Typhoon CAB
      EBC Slotted/Cross Dimpled Front/Rear Rotors
      EBC RedStuff Front/Rear Pads

Comment

No no no, Ive been to another G6 forum where some guy installed this. IT LOOKS NOTHING LIKE IT DOES THERE!!!

This is the metra 3303, like I told you, nothing like what it shows in the catalogue

2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

Yep, that's the one I got today.

Mike
          -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

Looks okay,.....but what about the display colors????
            GT-R Exhaust System
            K&N Typhoon CAB

Comment

I dont know if there is a backlight or not
              2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

I would be pretty upset if I spent 200 bucks and it doesn't match the rest of the interior dash lighting.
                GT-R Exhaust System
                K&N Typhoon CAB

Comment

It'd say I'll have to stick with my stock stuff and all the buttons and my sirius sportster replay.
                  TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

MDMAS13 Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:10 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks okay,.....but what about the display colors

There are two back light display options both questionable. In the manual it says that you can change the back light settings from green (wtf!) and amber. So um I dont know, amber? thats pretty close to red, right? haha anyway if anyone has a picture of this kit at night please bring it on over.

Thanks all,
                    George

3600, Granite Metallic, 5600 miles, Kicker/Power Acoustic Sound

Comment

SOmething I never noticed... the 05 G6 has a smooth plastic radio souround where the 06 has that heavy textured plastic.... glad I got the 06 becuase that flat plastic crap looks horrible. Looks like this turbo thing will match in the 06's a lot better.. cept for the color. I called metra on Friday and spoke to a rep there, he said the colors are only amber and green (as stated). He said the Turbo Kit was designed and fabricated from an 05 Malibu specs which used a blue-green color. He proceeded to play dumb as stated "I know for a fact that the Amber LED setting matches the interior colors." I told him.. Hmm, your right, becuase when I press the fog light button, drive with the crusie on, the defrost, and the A/c on.. it lights up my inteiror and makes you completly oversee the red (Sarcasm).

...SHowing how much they know over there.. He siad "Exactly, thats what we at MEtra are trying to do". Dumbass.
                      Straight up Pimp Trollin'
                      2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
                      w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

Do you think theres a way to open that thing up and put a red bulb in there? That would work right?
                        George

Comment

Well.. I don't thik it is as simple as just a light bulb, the lettering onteh display (led lettering) is designed th esame as the radio disply.. I haven't a clue how you'd go about replacing the color for the letters that come up. Backlight would probably be just a bulb, though. Th egentleman on th ephone made it sound like is the back ground is green, the letters are maber.. if the background is amber, the letters are green.
                          Straight up Pimp Trollin'
                          2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
                          w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

looks like they just hacked off some buttons from the stock setup and threw them into a flat piece of rough plastic, christ I could have made one of those at home. I don't like it, too flat and rough looking to me.
                            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

But the buttons on this thing aren't even like the stock buttons. They look the same, but they are rubber and very flimsy. The ones on the stock radio are hard plastic.

I disassembled the piece to see if there was any type of colored backing film to determine the light color on the screen. If you look on the far right of the screen you'll see a white strip. I'm not too knowledgable with these types of things, but on my last car there was a small LCD screen in the dash on the gauges, and to change the color on that we took out the white strip of film behind it, sanded the white off until it was clear, and we were able to put any color LEDs behind it to change it's color. Or we could have even bought different colored film paper to change the color.

That white strip might possibly come out and the same procedure could apply. But I'm not about to rip this thing out, cost too much money.

Mike
                              -Mike #1

Comment

Mike,
                                How does it look at night? Is it worth going in there and possibly altering a few things with risks? Any advice would be nice because I'm thinking of buying one of these in the future.

Thanks,
                                George

Comment

Working...
                                X