This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: List of all KC 6ers

I might be able to meet up, it all depends on where you want to do it and what I have going on around that time. I usually don't know how busy my school schedule is untill about a week before. I'm on the fence, but I'll keep you all updated.
    2008 Cobalt SS/TC

14 flat @ 30mpg

Comment

I for one would like to see those projectors of your's in action, so definitely keep us posted if you'll be able to make it....

Comment

^Ditto. Maybe get some tips on how to do them.
        Member: Blue Man Group---Mods: Chrome upper/lower recessed grills, CRAB Intakes CAB, Solar Gard 37/23 tint, VMS ECM tune, GT-R exhaust.
        Originally posted by schenko
        If I could have a woody, I would.

Comment

Re: List of all Missouri 6ers

So we're only a few weeks out now, are we still wanting to meet on the 29th?

I was trying to think of somewhere that would be somewhat centrally located for us to meet, but all I could come up with was The Legends (next to Kansas Speedway)

Only problem with that is, not sure where we'd get some good shots of our cars together... maybe Chateau Avalon??

I figured we could all eat there somewhere at the legends then go cruise.. maybe take I-435 around the city?

I dunno... i'm still not sure how many of us are actually gonna show....

Comment

Any ideas/comments??

Comment

That sounds good to be. I was thinking maybe the plaza, but it's so damn conjested that I don't think we'd be able to take pictures anywhere. We might be able to get some pictures outside of the stadium out at Legend's.
              Member: Blue Man Group---Mods: Chrome upper/lower recessed grills, CRAB Intakes CAB, Solar Gard 37/23 tint, VMS ECM tune, GT-R exhaust.

Comment

I think the 29th should still work for me. Sorry for the delayed post, i've been retardedly busy with work. Just let me know when and where. If I had to pick the Plaza or Legends, I would go Legends simply because of the congestion that was mentioned earlier. Are there any Kansas City skyline overlooks? I know we don't have many hills here, but i'm sure there are some roads that have a decent overlook.
                <A real signature is soon to come when I get time away from work>

Current Mods:
                Exterior: Window Tint (35% sides - 20% back)
                Sound: MTX Thunder TA2301 Amplifier, MTX SLH-T5512-A SledgeHammer 5500 Enclosure

Comment

Originally posted by Vivid
                  Are there any Kansas City skyline overlooks? I know we don't have many hills here, but i'm sure there are some roads that have a decent overlook.
                  Don't know how familiar you guys are with downtown but at 14th & Summit (right across Summit from the FBI Building) is the FBI Visitor Parking lot, which has a pretty unobstructed skyline view of some of the more notable KC Buildings.. Check it out on Google Maps Street View LINK
                  I can't imagine they'd care if we only stayed for a few minutes to snap some pics. I think we could get some pretty awesome night shots there with the buildings lit up. I can't think of any good spots where we'd be able to get the Sprint Center in the background.

Comment

I think I'll be able to come on the 29th too, unless something changes. The idea of having our pics taken with the KC skyline sounds good also.

Does anyone know much about this place:

It looks like it has a great view of the skyline. Just my suggestion, but I'm open to other locations as well.

Official Sound Dude of the SWO

Comment

Originally posted by SOUNDDUDE2006
                      Does anyone know much about this place:
                      I want to say that's somewhere near KU Med Hospital but I honestly don't know for sure. It definitely has a great overlook of the city though, I wonder if that pic was taken very far from the street? Glad to hear you'll be able to make it JP!

Comment

It's in Penn Vally Park, south of Liberty Memorial.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_Cit ... 8Statue%29

Comment

Good work Chris,
                          I've never been to Penn Valley Park so I was playing with Google Maps to see if I could find a place for us to park our cars near there and take a picture with it in the background but didn't have much luck. There were a couple streets that go through the park that Google didn't do the Street View on so there may be a spot, but I couldn't tell.

You guys think we should set the time and place to meet? I don't think I've got anything going on that entire day so I should be free whenever.

Comment

I dunno about you guys, but i'm a big KU fan so if they end up playing Saturday afternoon.. I'm probably going to want to watch the game... I completely forgot about March Madness when we picked a date to meet up.

I've got a 37" HDTV, and you guys would be more than welcome to come over to my house, drink some beer and watch the game if you guys felt comfortable doing so. Maybe after the game we could cruise downtown and snap some pics.

Let me know what you guys are thinking....

-Nick

Comment

Sounds good. I don't know much about basketball or college sports, but I'll watch a KU game if it's on. Sat looks like the only decent day, otherwise I would say maybe Sunday.

Comment

Just thought I'd jump in and add my name in here.. I'm not around Kansas City, but only a couple hours south in Springfield

turbo G6
                                GA gt

Pontiact STL meet

V6

Comment

Working...
                                X