This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foglight Switch LED Indicator Flashing or Completely Out

I was driving home tonight, and noticed that the yellow LED that indicates the foglights are on wasn't lit. The lights were on though. Then I noticed the LED starting to flicker a little bit, then it wouldn't come on anymore. I thought maybe it had burned out.

When I got in my driveway, I turned the fogs on again, and the LED indicator started flashing, each flash maybe 3 seconds apart. So it definitely didn't burn out. But what would cause it to flash like that? Maybe the connector came loose behind the switch? I'll have to rip it out tomorrow and look at it.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

My bet is that the LED has a bad/cracked solder.

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Mine did the same thing for a couple days, then stopped working. I've only had my car for less than 3 months. Haven't went to the stealership for it yet though.
      Originally posted by TLS2000
      It's all fun and games, until someone gets skull fucked.

SSSS member #2

Comment

I coulda SWORE that I read on another G6 site that the LED Flashing meant that a fog light bulb was out.
        Straight up Pimp Trollin'
        2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
        w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

That's what I thought. But I checked the bulbs and they're both working.
          -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

I think this is going to become a well known occurance, unfortunatly. It has happened to at least a few people that I know of.
            Originally posted by TLS2000
            It's all fun and games, until someone gets skull fucked.

SSSS member #2

Comment

So it's just a problem with the LED? A new switch would fix it then right?
              -Mike #1

Comment

If the LED is in the switch then you prob have to replace the the whole switch which it prob is unfortinally. It should be covered by warrenty cuz it soundes like the LED in it and like i said the LED is prob in the switch, sorry
                2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                Gotta have it Green color
                Brembo brake package
                420 HP 5.0L
                Ford Racing Power Pack
                GT500 track pack differential cover
                BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Originally posted by MONTERACER
                  I think this is going to become a well known occurance, unfortunatly. It has happened to at least a few people that I know of.
                  I agree. It's a common compaint on the other message boards..

sigpic
                  Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I'd like to change the LED in it anywyas.. to like, Red orsomething that makes more sense than stupid bright amber. I hate that everythings a nice glow.. until BAM, it's like the high beams are on in your fog light button!
                    Straight up Pimp Trollin'
                    2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
                    w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

I can't even see that button when I'm driving. My steering wheel is in the way.

sigpic

Comment

i hate how during the day, it's sometimes hard to see if the fogs are on or not...i like to keep the fogs on all the time instead of the DRLs

^yea what he said too
                        -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
                        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                        Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

hmm the red LED isn't a bad idea. Maybe I'll crack open the switch. I changed the LED color in all my switches in my old car to blue, so it shouldn't be too difficult.
                          -Mike #1

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                            hmm the red LED isn't a bad idea. Maybe I'll crack open the switch. I changed the LED color in all my switches in my old car to blue, so it shouldn't be too difficult.
                            When you open up your switch and if the LED is sepreate and not part of the switch can you post it then cuz if you can just switch the LED that would be hot and ill be intrusted in switching the color my self
                            2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                            Gotta have it Green color
                            Brembo brake package
                            420 HP 5.0L
                            Ford Racing Power Pack
                            GT500 track pack differential cover
                            BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

alrighty
                              -Mike #1

Comment

Working...
                              X