X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coqui_inaG6
    Originally posted by jnak
    Originally posted by mkhudeira
    when i took my car to the dealer for other fixes, i told em about it and heres what they said "b/c you have aftermarket bulbs in ur fogs we cant determine if the bulbs are the problem or not" please put back the original bulbs and then we can look at it. what do u guys think? is that BS or could it be true
    I call BS. The bulbs should have no impact on the LED in the switch.
    I lift the flag on this . At no time was I shown in the electrical course I took that a light bulb would return current back to a LED in a switch. The proper route for the current is battery to fuse to LED SWITCH back to fuse to light bulb and it returns in the same manner. That is why when there is an over charge in current, the fuse blows out, not the LED switch that could easily burn itself. But that is what I was taught..... Don't quote me as if it is concrete coz technically you have to look at the schematics to determine if the switch is parallel or in series with the wiring. And also you have to think that it is easier for them to replace 10cents bulbs than a few buck bulbs..... :smoke:
    actually the bulbs and the switch should be on 2 separate circuits. the switch should trip a relay which should feed power to the bulbs directly off a strong power source. i doubt the switch carries enough power to run both bulbs.

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16

actually the bulbs and the switch should be on 2 separate circuits. the switch should trip a relay which should feed power to the bulbs directly off a strong power source. i doubt the switch carries enough power to run both bulbs.
      This is correct. There is a relay under the hood that turns the fogs on/off. Power going to this relay is independent of the power running the LED in thw switch.

I have my fogs set up as my DRLs (thanks to Bristol's help). Unless I press the button, the LED in the switch does not come on, even though my fogs are on. I set the power up to run through the foglight relay under the hood. If the power from the lights triggered the LED, the LED would always be on in my car.

Comment

I'm having my flakey fog light switch replaced on Monday.
        2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
        Forge Motorsports BPV
        CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
        HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
        HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
          This is correct. There is a relay under the hood that turns the fogs on/off. Power going to this relay is independent of the power running the LED in the switch....
          Actually with factory wiring that isn't exactly correct although it might look that way.

The momentary push button fog lamp switch is an input signal to the BCM. The BCM has a single "high side" drive output which provides an output voltage which is used both to energize the relay as well as power the LED in the switch. This comes out 2 different pins on the BCM so they migh look to be independently powered but really from same place.

The relay contacts of course handle the bulb load.

Comment

mine started flickering today like it was at a disco that I didnt know about... oh well, I'll get that fixed along with the second new rack, steering wheel centered and extended crank fixed (again)
            Originally posted by Toyz
            Originally posted by simplyred
            what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
            As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

my fog light also started flickering the other day...i turn the fogs on, the light stays on, then flickers, then goes out. just thought id let people know that it's still happening...
              You're doing it all wrong...you gotta cup the balls, relax the jaw...

Comment

I had mine replaced about 6 months ago, so far so good.
                Originally posted by TLS2000
                It's all fun and games, until someone gets skull fucked.

SSSS member #2

Comment

Getting mine replaced on Friday!

Comment

I was going to the store 2 days ago and I was looking at the reflection of my car in his rear end when I noticed my fogs weren't on (I could've swore I just turned them on!). Sometimes I feel like I don't push the button all the way and have to risk crashing to look underneath my steering wheel to see the dang light. Anyhow, along my way I noticed the light flickering! I'll be taking it in sometime this week to get it fixed. Thanks for the help everyone
                    "When you find that you've dug yourself a hole, STOP DIGGING!" -Unknown Car Salesman

Comment

Mine started doing it today.

In addition, I've also noticed some weird behaviour with my reprogrammed BCM with the dash panel lighting on.

It was cloudy today, automatic headlamp was kicking in and out. I generally have my dash set to a lower intensity, but the BCM keeps it at full. So when it's auto, it's my setting, manual it's full. I turned on the parking lamps, and it was full. It got a little darker, auto lamps kicked in, dimmed my dash. So I flicked it back to auto, but then afterwards it got a little brighter, headlamps went out. But instead of going back to off, the dash went to full intensity. Tried turning parking lamps on then off, dash still stays on at full intensity.

This is the first time it happened ever since the reprogramming.
                      <-- Gray G6? Click!
                      2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                      2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                      Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

And wierd... it stopped doing it this morning. Checked the fog lamp switch, everything works fine.

Anyone also had theirs magically recovered by itself?
                        <-- Gray G6? Click!
                        2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.

Comment

that's weird, cause my light started flickering and going off just a couple days ago.

My Progression Page: click here

Comment

And yet it started doing it again. Oh well, off to dealership...
                            <-- Gray G6? Click!

Comment

Re: Foglight Switch LED Indicator Flashing or Completely Out

so once again im not the only one who has a all too common 6 problem--woohoo!! mine started doing this months ago... i just figured it was a fuse that was supplying power to the switch or sumtin... hasnt really bothered me much that its not lit..but maybe if the mod is easy ill just switch out the led to red

Comment

Re: Foglight Switch LED Indicator Flashing or Completely Out

ok after reading through this i decided to go out and see wut i can do, well i pulled the switch out of the car and i pulled the switch apart
                                looks like i will be able to replace the LED. two solder joints. so im going to be running over to radio shack here soon and see if i can get a LED for it, im thinking maybe a red one.

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                                Originally posted by ahuhn
                                so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Working...
                                X