This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MONTERACER
    Mine did the same thing for a couple days, then stopped working. I've only had my car for less than 3 months. Haven't went to the stealership for it yet though.
    Mine was the same, I had to take it in and they replaced the switch, easy fix but pain in the ass

oh ya and it was covered by the dealer.
    Shit happens, Drive faster
    GO SENS GO!!!!!!!
    :) :) :) :) :) :)
    GO SENS GO!!!!!!!

Comment

^^how long did it take them to get the car back to you?
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
        ^^how long did it take them to get the car back to you?
        If they have the part not long. I had some other stuff done at the same time and it was same day
        Shit happens, Drive faster
        GO SENS GO!!!!!!!
        :) :) :) :) :) :)
        GO SENS GO!!!!!!!

Comment

I just had mine replaced at the dealer on my lunch hour. Didn't take long at all. Now it works (for now at least, LOL)
          Originally posted by TLS2000
          It's all fun and games, until someone gets skull fucked.

SSSS member #2

Comment

if they have the part it should take all of 2 minutes. Just pop out the panel with a flathead, disconnect, reconnect and pop back in.
            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I had the same prob. they fixed it about three months ago and it is happening again. When I called in to get it fixed they said this happens a lot.

Comment

Knowing the dealer tho it'd take longer than that. Well sometimes at mine anyway.

Took them all day to replace the weatherstrip on my car. One side. Can't complain though I guess since they did a real good job. Looks from the factory.

Comment

Here are some part numbers regarding the foglight switch:

My old foglight switch had this part number: 22734489

When the LED in this switch started flashing or not coming on, I ordered one from GM, and it had this part number on it: 15850573

There is a possibility that the new switch will hold up longer or may not give you any problems.
                  -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

They had to order a switch for me a few weeks ago, but I never went back to get it installed because I've been too busy. I guess I'll talk to them tomorrow to see if it's still in stock.

sigpic
                    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

i'm getting a new switch put in tomorrow when i get my new rim
                      -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                      Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

yeah mine doesnt work at all.....its going straight to the crappership when i get back from georgia next week

Comment

I got that problem too last year in October... had it replaced and no problems since!
                          COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6
                          Clicky for progression place

CURRENT MODS: C.R.A.B.S. (O3), 20% Tint, Upper & lower recessed grilles (black), LEDs (dome light, trunk, licence plate & reverse lights), DRL delete, intake resonator delete, Dart & trunk keyhole overlays, debadge, '09 Stock radio (with AUX IN), '10 HVAC controls, Hood quicklifts, Eagle Eyes black projector headlights, LED brake/turn lights (including 3rd brake light LED retrofit), Pioneer speakers (front & back), Bazooka BTA8100FHC 8" Subwoofer, Hidden 12v adapter (that turn on with the ignition), EE Halo DRL bypass (How-to).
                          MODS - COMING SOON: None... for now!

Also in the parking lot: 2008 Pontiac Torrent "Podium Edition"
                          Clicky for progression place

My first G6 - Lease ended - but not forgotten

Comment

when i took my car to the dealer for other fixes, i told em about it and heres what they said "b/c you have aftermarket bulbs in ur fogs we cant determine if the bulbs are the problem or not" please put back the original bulbs and then we can look at it. what do u guys think? is that BS or could it be true
                            35% front/5% all-around tint, chrome grill,
                            MTEC headlight bulbs, cold air box, redline tuning, LED reverse bulbs, passport x50 blue, custom catback system, painted headlights, shaved badges

Comment

Originally posted by mkhudeira
                              when i took my car to the dealer for other fixes, i told em about it and heres what they said "b/c you have aftermarket bulbs in ur fogs we cant determine if the bulbs are the problem or not" please put back the original bulbs and then we can look at it. what do u guys think? is that BS or could it be true
                              I call BS. The bulbs should have no impact on the LED in the switch.

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
                                Originally posted by mkhudeira
                                I call BS. The bulbs should have no impact on the LED in the switch.
                                I lift the flag on this . At no time was I shown in the electrical course I took that a light bulb would return current back to a LED in a switch. The proper route for the current is battery to fuse to LED SWITCH back to fuse to light bulb and it returns in the same manner. That is why when there is an over charge in current, the fuse blows out, not the LED switch that could easily burn itself. But that is what I was taught..... Don't quote me as if it is concrete coz technically you have to look at the schematics to determine if the switch is parallel or in series with the wiring. And also you have to think that it is easier for them to replace 10cents bulbs than a few buck bulbs..... :smoke:
                                '07 G6 GT SDN..
                                -3.9L w/6spd tranny, fully loaded

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2496829/1

Comment

Working...
                                X