No announcement yet.

Alignment issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if theres a thrust angle measurement for the G6. One of the techs can answer that question. Have someone follow you and see if the car is dog tracking.
    Tire pressure alone if enough to make a vehicle pull to one side.
    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

[quote=-Spazmatic-][quote="GT-R":1nphfc3q]
      Originally posted by "-Spazmatic-":1nphfc3q
      No the car's not lowered, I can't afford that

I looked over it very closely yesterday and don't see anything wrong...I'll take the wheels off again and post some pics if I can find the camera.

The main thing I'm worried about now isn't even that, it's the steering. I got an alignment to fix the drifting to the left while driving, and it didn't help. The mech said that to him it felt like you could turn the car left easier than you could right, and I agree with him. The front end alignment is perfect yet if I let the steering wheel do it's thing at hwy cruising speed I will veer off to the left, somewhat dramatically. I always have to keep my steering wheel cocked to the right.

That single cab GMC is looking really nice right about now.....

Edit: Did I mention it was a rental? Yeah, the dealership didn't let me in on that little secret. Thanks carfax.

Drifting to one side or the other while driving can be caused by several things, bad alignment is just one. Another possibility, and one that would be easy for you to check, is tire rotation. Rotate your tires, and see if it still drifts or pulls to the same side or if it changes in any way.[/quote:1nphfc3q]

They were rotated at the time of the alignment, so no go there.[/quote:1nphfc3q]

That pretty much leaves either a defective part, or the vehicle was damaged and not repaired properly. If you know what to look for, you will find it. Your alignment shop should have the exact specifications and limits for the front and rear end.

Comment

Originally posted by ElecBlueG6GT
        I don't know if theres a thrust angle measurement for the G6. One of the techs can answer that question. Have someone follow you and see if the car is dog tracking.
        Tire pressure alone if enough to make a vehicle pull to one side.
        every vehicle can have it measured the big thing is if its adjustable
        which on the G6 it is

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
        Originally posted by snowmanG6
        you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Working...
        X