No announcement yet.

My Sound Setup *edit-pics now*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caps can go either way but the best way is larger alternator and a nice Optima!
    Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

I don't think the cap uses all its power in one shot, unless it absolutely needs it. If your headlights are dimming everytime the bass hits, adding a capacitor will supply the extra power needed for the amp to go to the amp instead of sucking it from the main power, not affecting the lights. I still don't really trust them though. I've had lights dim even with a cap and yellow-top optima installed. Bigger alternator is the only way to go.
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Caps are just a band-aid if that. It's just another thing for the electrical system to charge so when you have dimming lights it ain't gonna do anything.

Upgrading the big-3 fixed my lights in my old car. Battery and alternator, only way to go.

Comment

Well at least I'm not sounding like an idiot. It's just a theory that I was running with that seemed logical.

sigpic
          Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Your theory is correct.

Comment

aww you guys making me feel like i wasted 35$ for nothing lol

but i dont have any problem with the lights dimming...and i guess i will have to upgrade the alternator at a future time.
              [ 2006 Stealth Gray G6 Sedan 4-Cyl ]
              [ 18% Tint All Around ] - [ Alpine Sound System ] - [ Eagle Chrome Projectors w/ 8000k HID's ] - [ Installed Fogs w/8000K HIDs ] - [ Upgraded to 18'' GTP Ultra-Bright Wheels ] - [ 225/45/18 Nankang NS-II Tires on Nitrogen] - [ Mobil 1 Oil ]

Comment

Man, I wasn't trying to knock your system.

Caps do have a use, I just see it as limited.

sigpic
                Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Well it's worth $35 just for the digital readout. Ok maybe not but it's still cool.

If your lights don't dim at all, your perfectly ok.

Comment

Your system it still nice though, Type R's are awesome.

Comment

Working...
                    X