This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Oil Monitoring system.

Hold on, I read online that it is bad to switch to synthetic after running standard oil...

anyone back this up?

Comment

no.. its fine for it. you can switch back and forth and in between.. its not a big deal.

(or at least this is what im told)

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

I have read some conflicting reports on switching midway...anyone have any concrete examples?

Comment

that used to be true of older synthetics but in todays day and age it doesnt matter

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
          Originally posted by snowmanG6
          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by Tborske
            Hold on, I read online that it is bad to switch to synthetic after running standard oil...

anyone back this up?

it used to be the other way around, if you were running normal oil ( which pretty much comes in most new cars. ) and switched to synthetic,, then you werent supposed to go back to normal oil. but the newer synthetics claim to not have that issue anymore.

Comment

I just got my oil changed on Tuesday evening cause I was taking a road trip. Well here I am now in South Carolina (from Oregon). 4 days on the road and about 2900 miles later and my oil life meter is at 72%! I've still got to go up to Chatlotte, NC this weekend and down to south Florida next month. I may get it changed before going to Fl or I may wait till I get down there. I'm just excited I was getting 35-36mpg with a car packed to the brim!! Who wants to pay to get ur car lowered when you can just fill the trunk full of heavy things, lmao..

I'm just depressed cause I washed the car tonight and noticed a bunch of new paint nicks on the hood.. And tore a piece of the upholstery on the inside of the door in the backseat.. The upper part just below the window.. But anyway, back to topic.. Yeah so oil changes.. Woo!!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

Comment

Working...
              X