• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to: Aim headlights

For anyone needing it, here's the procedure a-la-manual:

2009 PONTIAC G8
    MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

^nice! There's your answer!
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I can't use a wall. I have to adjust them, stand in front of the car and get down on my knees to see where it starts to blind me. Then I'll aim them down a little bit. Every time I've used the wall to figure it out I always get people flashing me
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Thanks for the info.
        I probably should have looked there, however, I am used to the manual not being that helpful when it comes to doing things yourself.

Black 2007 GT coupe with Sport Package.
        DoctorSpeed CAB, 5/15% tint, G5 spoiler, Euro Black Tailz, GM Strut Bar, GY Eagle F1 A/S Tires.

Comment

Re: How to: Aim headlights

So we have the ability to aim our headlights up/down but not left/right?
          My Car Domain
          Vector 93 ECM/TCM Dyno tune, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus 235/50/18 , RacingLine Motor Mounts & Strut Bar, R1 Premium drilled rotors, Custom Exhaust w/ 4" tips, Inchannel Rain Guards, Crabs CAB & Front Pipe Upgrade, GXP rear bumper, 15% Ceramic Tint, Blue Calipers, Blue Dart Overlays, Upper Window & Lower Grill Chrome, Side GTP Emblems, Chrome Door Locks, 8k HID Head & Fogs, Pioneer Head Unit, Rockford Door Speakers

Comment

Aren't there are two adjustment screws for each headlight.
            G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
            Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
            Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
            20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Heres a couple of pics, I dont see one if there is...?

My Car Domain
              Vector 93 ECM/TCM Dyno tune, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus 235/50/18 , RacingLine Motor Mounts & Strut Bar, R1 Premium drilled rotors, Custom Exhaust w/ 4" tips, Inchannel Rain Guards, Crabs CAB & Front Pipe Upgrade, GXP rear bumper, 15% Ceramic Tint, Blue Calipers, Blue Dart Overlays, Upper Window & Lower Grill Chrome, Side GTP Emblems, Chrome Door Locks, 8k HID Head & Fogs, Pioneer Head Unit, Rockford Door Speakers

Comment

Originally posted by 2007blueg6gtp
                Heres a couple of pics, I dont see one if there is...?
                In that first pic it's that metal rod pointing to the bottom left corner. In both pics actually.

Comment

Sorry to bump an old thread. Is that adjustment the up/down or left/right on our headlights? I drove to Myrtle beach 2 weeks ago and on the way back started hating my headlight. After 11 hours of driving it was dark and I was cranky and now I hate my headlights. They aim so low now for some reason.

Anyway, I was going to adjust them, but the text by the adjuster say "L-R". Does it adjust them left to right or will it do up and down? Am I dumb and just am missing the other adjustment?

2008 Member Of The Year-Blue Man Group | Stock Radio Mp3/Ipod Input Installation

Comment

just up and down

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                    Originally posted by snowmanG6
                    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Sorry to bump an old thread, but any chance anybody has the pics that were in post #1, and can repost? Or provide a link to where they are? I just bought new headlights and was wanting to adjust them properly. Thanks in advance!
                      -- Whatever doesn't kill me, only makes me stronger. --

Comment

It's probably just pictures of a wall method, essentially on a flat surface anywhere from 15-25 feet away from the wall you measure up to the height of your headlights and line them up straight (kinda have to left to right adjustment so I guess thats outta the picture) Someone mentioned it earlier in the thread but essentially just put them as high as you can without pointing into peoples windshields.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota1810 View Post
                          It's probably just pictures of a wall method, essentially on a flat surface anywhere from 15-25 feet away from the wall you measure up to the height of your headlights and line them up straight (kinda have to left to right adjustment so I guess thats outta the picture) Someone mentioned it earlier in the thread but essentially just put them as high as you can without pointing into peoples windshields.
                          Gotcha, thanks! I did some further digging around online last night and came across some instructions that recommended the whole 25 ft away thing, and ended up doing that. Thanks for the response though, I do appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota1810 View Post
                            Gotcha, thanks! I did some further digging around online last night and came across some instructions that recommended the whole 25 ft away thing, and ended up doing that. Thanks for the response though, I do appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                            X