Price: $400
    Purchased From: http://www.vectormotorsports.com

Installation: easy
    Installation Time: 10 min for the pcm 30 min for the key relearn

Quality of Part: 10
    Product Performance: 10
    Would you Recommend to Others: Yes!!!

Comments:
    I know there are a lot of people out there that want more power out of the 3.5 engine and let me tell you if you do any mod this is one to do. Its a pretty easy mod and the price / performance can't be beat. The shifts are worth the price of admission alone. They are so much smoother with this tune. At WOT the rpms from 1 to 2nd only drop down from 6k to 4k! I need to test it out on a longer road as I up to 60 in 2nd at 4500 rpms

I did a quick 0-60 run with my dashhawk before and after on the same stretch of road and my times went down from 7.8s to 7.2s and thats on a full tank of gas with my brother in the car. I think I can get it to well under 7 with better tires and no brother

It seems to compliment my stage 3 doctor speed intake as well. I had Vector Motorsports put in the adjustments for a new gt-r exhaust(whenever I get one) and there are no ill effects. The tune will adjust whenever I get the exhaust.

The highway gas mileage went up about 2 mpg (im getting 33mpg on the highway now). I haven't noticed that much of an increase in city increase in city driving yet as I'm putting the pedal to the metal

The only strange thing is that I bought a pcm off Vector and had him ship it to me flashed so I would have no down time. It seems (at least on my g6) that a crank relearn may not be needed. I have yet to get a check engine light after about 200 miles. For those worrying about customer service, Chris White from vector was very helpful and does a great job answering any emails.
    06 g6 gt
    Doctor Speed Stage 3 intake.
    91 Octane WAMS Tune.
    Dashhawk

Man I can't wait to get a tune. I'm worried about having to go do the crank relearn though
    Blue Man Group

Comment

Yeah thats why I bought the Dashhawk. Its a pretty nice device and they constantly updating it.
      06 g6 gt
      91 Octane WAMS Tune.
      Dashhawk

Comment

i have my new pcm from vector sitting in a UPS box in my house....and these type of posts are not helping any
        i too am worried about the crank relearn, but i think im gonna give in and buy dashhawk.....

so let me get this straight, you just bought the PCM but did not send in your TCM in for a tune. Right?

man i cant wait when mine goes in.....hmmmm this weekend

Comment

I have a 2006 3.5 it only has a PCM, not a ECM / TCM combo. I bought the new PCM in his blowout sale for the 2006/2005 PCM. My stock one is sitting around the house right now
          06 g6 gt
          91 Octane WAMS Tune.
          Dashhawk

Comment

I have the 93 octane, so I assume my 0-60 would be close to 6.7-7.1, I also have exhaust and intake. Thanks for the 0-60 time.

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero
            Performance: Stage 3/4 CAI-GTR Exhaust-VMS Tune
            Sound: 12" Kicker L7-Optima Redtop
            -Retrofit 2008 Radio Owner #3

Comment

Originally posted by Hudson
              i have my new pcm from vector sitting in a UPS box in my house....and these type of posts are not helping any
              i too am worried about the crank relearn, but i think im gonna give in and buy dashhawk.....

so let me get this straight, you just bought the PCM but did not send in your TCM in for a tune. Right?

man i cant wait when mine goes in.....hmmmm this weekend
              yea only one pcm, it controls all, you flip up the grey levers, and unplug the electronic connectors. Oddly mine never had a CEL, so I haven't gotten a crank re-learn yet, and don;t really plan on it unless I can do it for free somewhere not including the dealer.

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero

Comment

Oddly mine never had a CEL, so I haven't gotten a crank re-learn yet, and don;t really plan on it unless I can do it for free somewhere not including the dealer.
                Yeah really? I'm starting to think these lx9s don't need relearns at all?
                06 g6 gt
                91 Octane WAMS Tune.
                Dashhawk

Comment

ok thats it its going in my car this weekend
                  i also have intake and gtr exhaust and chris included those in the tune

Comment

Just an update I did a 0-60 run with out my brother in the car and only 2 gallons of gas and I got it down to 6.6 seconds. Not bad for a car that stock supposedly does 0-60 in 8.0s
                    06 g6 gt
                    91 Octane WAMS Tune.
                    Dashhawk

Comment

Wow, thats awesome. Can you post a jpg of the run?
                      G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                      Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                      Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                      20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

wow, seems like I need to do a race with a gtp to see how we match up.

Comment

Sure I'll try to reproduce the run on the way home from work tonight. There is a perfect spot with a traffic light right before an on ramp with a slight upward incline. I'll post the jpg later tonight. I wish I still had the run I did with just the intake so we could compare them
                          06 g6 gt
                          91 Octane WAMS Tune.
                          Dashhawk

Comment

Originally posted by Hello
                            wow, seems like I need to do a race with a gtp to see how we match up.
                            My Vector tune is up for the challenge.
                            2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
                            Forge Motorsports BPV
                            CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                            HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
                            HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

The only strange thing is that I bought a pcm off Vector and had him ship it to me flashed so I would have no down time. It seems (at least on my g6) that a crank relearn may not be needed. I have yet to get a check engine light after about 200 miles.
                              I have an 05 3.5 and installed the vector also and the engine light has never come up. Hmm... I'm curious about that too. BTW, get a gtp on the open hwy and you will see the results, you will not be disappointed, just make sure you have good tires.

-2005 GT
                              -GT-R Exhaust
                              -Dr Speed Stage 3 CAI
                              -Eibach Lowering Springs
                              -18" ASA JS5 on Sumitomo HTR+
                              -20% Window Tint
                              -Vector Motorsport Tune

Comment

Working...
                              X