Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new dyno numbers from my LX9

273.7 WHP and 257.25 WTQ!

Which is around 315 HP and 296 TQ at the crank..

Best run of the night, having serious traction issues with my drag radials.
    http://www.3500z.com/Misc/Tracktimes.gif

There ya go guys, all motor. Now you know that it's possible to get some decent power out of the LX9.
    3500 LX9 swapped Z24 Cavalier, BIG cam, LT-headers, lots of P&P and other misc stuff..

275 WHP/249 WTQ
    13.08 @ 105.5 MPH on slicks
    15 MPG City/30 MPG Highway :P

Nice!! A Cavvy that can stomp our GTPs

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
    - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
    - DS S3 Intake
    - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Very nice!

What did you do to it? And LX9 if am correct is the 3500 05-06?
      2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
      Gotta have it Green color
      Brembo brake package
      420 HP 5.0L
      Ford Racing Power Pack
      GT500 track pack differential cover
      BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Originally posted by dre256
        Very nice!

What did you do to it? And LX9 if am correct is the 3500 05-06?
        Correct.

Awsome man!
        2009 Panther Black G8 GT
        334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Wow! Those are decent numbers.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
          Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

A guy I indirectly know ran a 3400cav a 12.71 @ 113.9 mph on bf streets this past weekend.
            The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

Re: new dyno numbers from my LX9

Originally posted by Superdave
              There ya go guys, all motor. Now you know that it's possible to get some decent power out of the LX9.
              ahem... how to please.

My Progression Page: click here

Comment

Nice!

Comment

tell us how you did that! Thats the same motor I got and I would like to know what parts you used, etc. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

thanks guys, the build list is here:

http://www.v6z24.com/registry/whitelightning2/1

Keep in mind, this is not a daily driver. With the current tune it's getting around 14 MPG if i keep it under 3K RPM. I maxed out the 32# injectors a few weeks ago @ 43 PSI so i had to bump up the fuel pressure to get them up to 36#.

This weekend i'm dropping the tranny to swap out the final drive and 5th gears, hopefully that'll be enough to get me into the low 13's. I'll post the results ASAP.

Dave
                    3500 LX9 swapped Z24 Cavalier, BIG cam, LT-headers, lots of P&P and other misc stuff..

275 WHP/249 WTQ

Comment

I dont have to worry about fuel mpg since I only put about 100 miles a month on my 6. I'm not quite looking for 315hp but maybe around 270hp would be nice. also what was the rough cost of all mods including installation. If only I could find a good shop that was willing to do that kind of work/ Too bad someone couldn't put together a performance package that does all those mods.

Comment

from start to finish, including the custom tranny i spent about $3600 in 8 months. I did all the work myself so that saved a ton.

275 WHP/249 WTQ

Comment

how is it as a daily driver? in reference to smoothness of operation and reliability. I've seen too many custom cars putting out 500hp+ only to die at a stoplight after only a few miles of driving. My problem is that I can't find a shop willing to do the work. Most shops I know of only want to work on either imports, ie hondas, or corvettes and camaros etc. Money isn't a problem for me, I've put alot aside into modding the 6. Finding time and a good mechanic, now thats the difficult thing. Also what transmission are you using, I see it says a 5spd stick. If a shop could come up with some sort of performance package that included most of those mods for say 5k with installation, I would have my car there in an instant.

Comment

Dude, no offence, but something is up there...
                            Ive seen and dynoed MANY cars in my day, and Usually something is Awry when you have such severe deveations like that. Terrible roller coaster effect. I don't trust those figures, due to 40 whp swings, very odd.
                            Supra MKIV - T72, Fuel, Race intake mani, Greddy 4 row, nitrous, cam gears, and AEM EMS

Comment

my VE table and spark tables are all over the place from tuning on the fly for so long.. once i even those out it should be fine. I made 5 runs and all were pretty wavy like that. The more we got the AFR's in order the smoother it got. All the runs were in 4th gear which is a 1.03 ratio.

The strange thing is that it seems to like to run rich.. We took it to about a 12.7 and it made 269 HP, backed off the spark advance and lost 2 HP. Curently running about 36 degrees at WOT and not getting any knock.

Right now it's commanding a 11.9 in PE mode and running somewhere around there.

as for a "daily driver" no way.. maybe once i swap the old final drive in it'll be better but it's still pretty rough to drive. It bucks at random times, surges at cruse, Headers rattle against the sway bar, and it's just too loud. With the current trans it turns about 3500 RPM in 5th gear @ 70 MPH

If you want a cam for a daily driver keep the advertised duration around 260 and the LSA around 112 or higher. That'll keep the overlap down and make it idle alot better. Tuning long duration cams with alot of overlap is not fun.

275 WHP/249 WTQ

Comment

Working...
                              X