Polish/Wax Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polish/Wax Reviews

I was thinking maybe we could start a review on some waxes to give people an idea of what they should go with. Post a review and post a picture of the results after the wax. Well here it goes.

Product: Turtle Wax ICE
    Cost: Under $20
    Application: Comes with a microfiber cloth and foam pad applicator

Review: This stuff is really easy to apply and it can be done in direct sunlight. It leaves no white residue so you can polish over all of those cracks without worrying about it leaving a residue. Also you can polish over all exterior surfaces such as the plastic valance or side mirrors. Going over my car with this stuff only took about 30 minutes total. It was a extremely easy to use and I'd really recommend it.

Pros: No residue, quick application, comes with applicators, can apply in direct sunlight and you can wax over all exterior surfaces.
    Cons: Longevity wise, it will not last as long as a paste wax, but honestly I wouldn't mind reapplying this stuff every 3 weeks or so seeing how easy and fast it can be applied.

Ease of Application: 10
    Shine: 8
    Longevity: 6
    Overall: 7/10

The Product:

The End Result:

Blue Man Group

so your black trim actually gets some sort of "wax" protection on it?
    2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS T/C
    Black/Black coupe

Comment

Yeah They Do.
      Blue Man Group

Comment

IMO the only thing Ice has going for it, is it's ease of use. As far as a wax protectant it is pure crap... again that's just my personal experience with it. It's great for people who hate waxing, but they'd be better off going with something more durable imo to offset applying ice so often.

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
          IMO the only thing Ice has going for it, is it's ease of use. As far as a wax protectant it is pure crap... again that's just my personal experience with it. It's great for people who hate waxing, but they'd be better off going with something more durable imo to offset applying ice so often.
          x2. Although the towel that comes with it is pretty nice.

Comment

Hi everyone -

I am a new G6 owner ( as of Saturday - '07 GT sedan ) and happened upon this forum while doing some Google searches for information on my new car. This particular topic is one that is close to my heart, so I thought I would toss my .02 cents in.

So far one of the easiest to use and best lasting polishes I have found is the Meguiars Tech Wax liquid. I applied several coats to my previous car (2000 Grand Prix GTP) last fall and found it to be extremely easy to apply and remove, and provided great results. The car still looked great this summer and the water still beaded up nicely. I am defintiely going to use this product on my G6 at the earliest opportunity to start prepping it for winter (I know.. it's only September - you can never start too soon!)

These forums look like a great source of info for these cars, so I plan on being around quite a bit and look forward to talking with everyone.

Comment

My personal favorite product is the Wolfgang Paint Sealant. It gives an excellent shine and good slickness. If you use it, be sure to use a polish before hand because it has no cleaning abilities.
              2007 Pontiac G6 GTP Coupe - A6, Granite Metallic on Ebony Leather - stock
              (sold)1998 Chevrolet Corvette
              (sold) 2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Comment

Originally posted by SphyNxXx
                My personal favorite product is the Wolfgang Paint Sealant. It gives an excellent shine and good slickness. If you use it, be sure to use a polish before hand because it has no cleaning abilities.
                agreed. I use it too and it works great! last a long time !
                2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS T/C
                Black/Black coupe

Comment

Meguiars polish and tech has been working great for me. I keep it touched up with their booster tech wax as well. All easy to use too and I love the smell as its going on.
                  '07 GT Sedan Granite Metallic: http://www.fquick.com/achg6gt

Comment

I use the Meguiers Gold Class. Think it looks really good when done properly...

Comment

I use this

-Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

looks really good, i would wax my car but its been raining close to everyday here in my area, so i'll wait a little longer
                        Mobil 1 Synthetic, 15% tint

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2592600

Comment

Every car cleaning product I own is meguiars. Gold class liquid wax, quik detailer, quik shine, wheel cleaner, leather cleaner, scratch-x, hell if they made windex I think I would use it! :P The liquid glass is unbelievable. The turtle wax ice is great for bumpers/trim/plastic, and great for between waxes to keep the shine up. I worked at autozone for like 18months in HS/college so it was nice getting all that useless info back from the customers.
                          2006 G6 GT Coupe Black

1987 Grand National (For Sale!!!)

Comment

They make something better than windex.... NXT glass cleaner.

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
                              They make something better than windex.... NXT glass cleaner.
                              werd.

Comment

Working...
                              X