Polish/Wax Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Polish/Wax Reviews

All you people who are doing reviews should post pictures of the results along with the reviews

And Colin, I agree that ICE isn't the best wax but it's definitely not as bad as you claim. The shine is amazing but the protection sucks and it only last a few days. I didn't get those swirl marks you were talking about when I used it. You must have been doing something wrong....
    Blue Man Group

Comment

Detailing spray > Ice

Comment

The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

zaino ftw. time consuming and a little expensive, but the end results make it all worthwhile. ive had the candy apple brandywine red paint on my vette for over 27 years ( ). i have used zaino every single time for all of those years. i still get people that come up to me and say, " when did u get the new paint job man?" then i tell them its 27 years old and they shit themselves. the results dont lie!
          these r non photoenhanced pics i took with my digital camra (7.2 megapixles) last week at a show. i got asked said question numorous times that day. our buddy wayne (red c5 USA theme corvette) also uses zaino.

my car:

waynes car:

............... My cardomain page ................. My facebook page ...............

Comment

I tried meguiars liquid gold class wax yesterday, it was pretty nice, I used a PC 7424 and it really made the paint look wet, but I had have better results with meguiars gold class paste.

I have yet to try the megs. nxt 2.0 wax but it looks like I gotta stop at the car store tomorrow to pick some up. Ill do some comparison between different waxs tomorrow. While im at it, I might as well paint the calipers.
            Make me a signature and ill put it in here...

Comment

People rely too much on wax to make the car look good, you have to start with good paint first. That's where the polishing and glazes come into play.

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
                People rely too much on wax to make the car look good, you have to start with good paint first. That's where the polishing and glazes come into play.
                x2 on the good paint. if u have a bad paint job, no wax can fix that.
                ............... My cardomain page ................. My facebook page ...............

Comment

I just played with a new wax yesterday.

I bought my car new about 3 weeks ago. So far, I have waxed it twice with the Ice liquid, with decent results. I did really like the way it works on the plastic such as side mirrors. Much nicer than trying to use some other spray crap.

But, the car had some minor swirling I wasn't thrilled with. I had looked at the McGuier site, and went to Autozone to buy SwirlX, polish, and wax. I also needed tint-safe glass cleaner. When I got there, there was a $10 rebate if you bought 2 Eagle One products. So I picked up a bottle of Eagle One glass cleaner for $4, and a bottle of thier Nanawax for $13. Getting both for $7 after rebate was too good to pass up. And, if I wasn't happy I would still have the glass cleaner, and go back for McGuiers.

To start with, I had only a few minutes saturday to play with it. I used a quick detailing spray to clean the front 2 feet of my hood. I then applied the Nanowax to the left side, and nothing on the right. I didn't have time to let it completely set, so I wiped it and buffed by hand with microfiber after about 3 minutes. It looked good, but I couldn't tell a real difference because it was cloudy.

Yesterday I had time (and weather) to get a complete wash and wax in. My buddy came over when I was doing the final rinse, and I asked if he could see the area where I had the different wax. The right side (with the Ice) was nicely beaded, but it appeared the left side (with the Nanowax) was completely sheeted with water. Well it appeared that way until we looked more closely and realized that it looked like that because there was NO water there! I was amazed.

After drying, we were able to look at the 2 areas again to see how the swirls did. Again, there was a major difference that was easily visible. Not 100% perfect, but remember I did not allow for proper drying before removing the wax. It has reduced the swirls to the point where I do not need to worry about removing them any further.

I was happy enough to apply this entire car. I let it sit for about 45 minutes, while I cleaned up and did some other chores. I removed it with a microfiber, but was really only taking off the heavy stuff. I then went over the entire car with a DA with a microfiber bonnet. It looks phenomenal!

Of course, no pictures. I wish I had thought to try to capture the difference between the sides. I will try to grab pics this afternoon and post them.

Comment

Working...
                  X