Polish/Wax Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Polish/Wax Reviews

If it helps you can get it a lot cheaper than what they say on their site. A lot cheaper, however still very expensive. People who use it argue the savings you get because of the of the lifetime fill but I still say meh.

Comment

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=dd9_1197702377

Make me a signature and ill put it in here...

Comment

Just a quick question, would one use the Ultima paint guard plus and then wax afterwards? Or do you not need to wax over ultima? Would the prep work before applying ultima include claying?
        '07 GT Sedan Granite Metallic: http://www.fquick.com/achg6gt

Comment

You wouldn't put anything over the Ultima, unless you wanted to use a pure Carnauba based wax for some warmth. The prep work for PGP would be the PPP as a final step before applying PGP, before hand you can do your clay if your paint needs it. But PGP is best used after polishing because that will ensure it bonds the best.

Comment

Hmm, I guess I could use the format:

Product: Mequire's NXT liquid
            Cost: About $18
            Application: Comes with a foam pad applicator

Review: Great stuff, the best Mequire's I have used so far. I debated just getting the gold class, as I have used that before. This was well worth the extra $5 or so.

Pros: Very easy to use, great shine, very smooth finish.
            Cons: Nothing really

Ease of Application: 10
            Shine: 9
            Longevity: n/a (first use)
            Overall: 9/10

Product: Zaino
            Cost: almost $100 (the whole starter kit)
            Application: Comes with wash concentrate, two clay bars, a couple different polishes, mixing bottles, polishing spray.

Review: Simply put, overpriced.

Pros: Ha, smells good. Great shine, just spotty.

Cons: The application is a lot more complicated. You have to take the polish and mix it with a little bit of hardener in a mixing bottle. The instructions say to apply very sparringly, so I did. The overall outcome was very spotty. Some spots were beautiful, others were so-so. The polishing spray helped to even out the finish. Might have come out better if I had spent more time on it. But I was already about 6 hours in after washing and claybaring. Instructions also say you can add as many coats as you want, as often as you want. I think that is because the finish doesn't last too long, and they want you to keep re-applying it.

Ease of Application: 5
            Shine: 6
            Longevity: 5
            Overall: 5.333333333333333/10
            2008 Cobalt SS/TC

14 flat @ 30mpg

Comment

Did you use NXT 2.0 or the old stuff? Meguiars

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
                Did you use NXT 2.0 or the old stuff? Meguiars
                Without having it in front of me, I believe it is the 2.0. I *think* I remember it saying something about a reworked formula.
                2008 Cobalt SS/TC

14 flat @ 30mpg

Comment

Good stuff then, the new 2.0 formula is extremely good.

Comment

I’ve used Zaino on my old GP. It’s spendy, takes a long time to apply, but it does a great job.

All of my detailing products are Mother’s. On my silver G6 I use Moms FX line, and it really pops.
                    2007 G6 Sedan - Liquid Silver, 2.4L
                    1980 Firebird Esprit - Polar white, 6.6L

Comment

So NXT 2.0 is worth upgrading? I still have a whole tub of 1.0...
                      <-- Gray G6? Click!
                      2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                      2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                      Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

I own a detailing company and for my personal vehicles its either souverian for summer looks or collonite for longevity over the winters
                        2006 Pontiac G6 GT with Panoroof

Comment

Originally posted by ToniCipriani
                          So NXT 2.0 is worth upgrading? I still have a whole tub of 1.0...
                          Makes for a good comparison.

2.0 is a significant improvement.

Comment

I just bought some Meguiar's nXt Tech Wax 2.0 and was AMAZED at how well it worked. I've always used Ice on my car (which i would not suggested for owners with black cars, it's a pain in the arse to make it look nice)

I used some of the 2.0 with my orbital buffer and it seriously looks like I just got it off the showroom floor.. and i've had the car for over a year so it had plenty of light scratches and blemishes. (even removed some debadging spots)

I would highly recommend trying it out. It's the most expensive of all the MEguiar's but WELL worth the extra few dollars..

By far the best wax I've ever.. and I mean EVER used!

Comment

My zr2 s10 must be clean at ALL times. I recently used the purple power cherry wash stuff, i could not beleve how well it cleaned the car. It made me noticed all the swirls, nicks, etc. I then used a clay bar (mothers), and i normally use zymol(takes alot of work but the best "off the shelf" wax IMO) but i did not have alot of time on my hands. I used the turtle wax ICE and it provides a great shine but does not last long and it does not protect the paint that much if at all. For cleaning the tires, all that cleaner on autoparts shelves do the same job imo so i grab the big bottle of aap wheel cleaner. I spary it on, let it set for 30 seconds, then wash it off. For tire wet im a huge fan of gels, i hate the sprays and the arosol cans i won`t even try. The armor all gel lasts me 2+ weeks, even with rainy days.
                              I am teh fan boi!!!!11

01 S10 ZR2 "TYCO"

Comment

The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

Working...
                                X