VSS Wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VSS Wire

I'm trying to hook up a Pioneer AVIC-Z1, and i need the location of the VSS (Speed Sense) wire. I remember seeing someone post it here at one time, but i can't find where they posted it. Any help would be appreciated.

Aaron

Not sure of year of your G6, but what i have found during my search for you!

Brown wire, pin 22 on the 56-pin connector C1 of the PCM.
    Speed Sense brown (3.5 or 3.9L only) PCM, blue plug, pin 22 or 39
    Notes: The PCM (Powertrain Control Module) is in front of the battery on the driver side fender.
    And the end result comment:
    guess you were both right , pin 22, brown wire, on the blue plug. workes perfect.. thanks guys.
    This was taken from another forum. I could not find it on this forum, but it is here now

I take no credit (good or bad) for the above information!
    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

i found wehre the plug should be, but i couldn't figure out how i should run a wire to it? has anyone done this? please help

Comment

I am not familiar with the wire, how big it is and what its exact function is. But if i need to tap into a wire i use a connect that clamps onto the wire and leaves a slot to plug in another wire. This is what i used in the range rover for some work i had to do HERE and then you put this HERE on the wire you want to connect into it (new wire) and there is a slot on the maroon connector for it to slide into.
        Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

I'm going to move this to the Elec. forum, and edit the topic.
          Any issues to this, pm me.
          G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
          Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
          Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
          20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Working...
          X