Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. Do a search. The GTP's tires limit the speed of the car to ~115MPH/185km/h. The GT's tires have a higher limit on speed.

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Oh you mean the speed ratings. Yeah something isn't right about that.

Comment

So for kicks I emailed GM and asked them about it. Heres your typical GM answer:

Thank you for your recent email.

Many decisions are involved in the design of any General Motors product. Each product classification is designed to satisfy different market segments and needs. Therefore, the value of certain features may be perceived differently by various buyers.

Let us assure you that General Motors is genuinely interested in your comments as we are constantly striving to anticipate and respond to the needs of our customers.

There are, however, many factors which must be taken into consideration in the design and manufacturing process which places an ever-increasing demand on our design and engineering staff to offer equipment compatible with our customers' needs.

If you require further assistance, please feel free to contact us again.

Thank you for visiting our website!

Figures

Comment

I like that one. It's like this: "Thank you for your e-mail. We can't explain it, so we won't. Have a good day!"

They could have been a little bit more specific.

sigpic
          Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

haha talk about the most generic email ever. they might as well have just responded with "Thanks for your email"

Comment

I know eh? I was like wtf.

Comment

i tried shifting manually using tapshift and it still limits at 115mph
                -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Well f that. That sucks.

Comment

My buddy has a stock colbolt SS supercharged and we got that up to 210 km/h.
                    2006 G6 Coupe

2002 S10 Xtreme

http://www.2lo2tow.com

Comment

Is that were he let off or hit the limit.

Comment

Top Speed

I have the GT trim. Thus far my top speed was 225km/hr and still had some room to go. Currently in the works of reprogramming ECU, adding cat back exhaust and Michelin Pilot Sport tires on Motegi dv5 rims.. So i expect all those things will make the 200 km/hr mark quicker to achieve. Stock GT tires are V rated.
                        06 G6 GT Sedan (Black)
                        Motegi DV5 18" Chrome Wheels
                        Falken 225/45 R18 performance tires.
                        7 window tint (35% front, 17% rear)
                        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2448881

** SOLD ** ** SOLD ** ** SOLD **

Comment

190km

Hey they fastest i had my GT going was 190km/hr on the 407 and it wasn't going any faster than that

Comment

Working...
                          X