This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TLS2000
    I have the LS2's as well. I think that GM only had a limited selection of tires for the GTP based on their specs. I mean, we have the option of the LS2's or the Potenza's, and that's it.
    If only GM would have gone with 7.5" wide wheels, we would have have more tire options.
    2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
    Forge Motorsports BPV
    CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
    HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
    HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

Originally posted by vilmar5
      Well, I had the system on english instead of metric to see the MPG instead of the L/Km when I pushed it to 120mph and it was still pulling. I had to lay off the throttle before my fingers made impressions in the steering wheel! Quebec roads are really bad, maybe that makes us better drivers? Little Ontario vs Quebec here.
      The problem about people from Quebec isn't how they drive. It is the people who are not in cars. Who obviously do not understand what DON'T WALK and or a RED LIGHT means. They seem oblivious to the fact that there are cars on the road and they just up and walk out in front of cars. :warped:
      06 G6 GTP Black, Panoramic Sunroof, 3 Spoke Steering wheel, 6 Disc CD Player, Ebony Leather Seats, RED LED Interior Lights. 3rd brake light by http://www.grafxwerks.com, Running Mobil1

Comment

Yeah, that's so true. When they walk in front of you and have to slam the brakes not to hit them, they look at you like you're the one at fault!
        -Marc

2005 Granite Metallic GT sedan

Comment

Friend of mine said he went up to about 185 yesterday before he hit the limiter. He has a GT.

Comment

Okay for everyone that lives in canada. I have a G6 GT with slapstick. when i use auto yes the limit works sometimes, i sometimes can get past the limit by playing with the pedal alittle. Try this next time use slapstick mode in the car when i use slapstick i`ve never been limited not once. I have had this car at 250+ almost made it to 260 one day(could have made it but i was watching the road and only glanced at the speedo i thought i got it but i`am not sure). This is by my self and using 94 octane, i also have after market rubber grips really well after a spin of the tires, Also it was in the summer more grip, and on the highway i was on there where small hills if there wasn`t i top at just over 240 km/h. Be careful be safe, If you don`t trust your own driving or don`t have some big balls don`t try top speed runs in your car, because at the rate of speed you`ll travel you be dead before you relize you just spun the car and rolled it 20 times at that speed. Something else about safe doing this don`t do this on a day that is wet at all or snow or cold you don`t want ice or you tires not to get enought grip.

I`ve never made a mistake in my car trying this but that doesn`t mean you wouldn`t make that mistake. Judge yourself before trying and i take no repsonsibitly for you trying this at all if you die it isn`t my fault. Its your own retarted fault for trying to feed your need for speed like i do.
            2005 G6 GT Ivory White

Comment

hmm...that's great news if it's true...i'll definately have to try it...
              -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
              Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Yeah if it doesn`t work then i have no clue how i do it in my car then, if you don`t belive me when it gets alittle warmer i`ll have a video of it...
                2005 G6 GT Ivory White

Comment

That makes sense, guess a couple others will have to try it. Not meee

Well, not right now anways.

Comment

150MPH... CRAZY!

sigpic
                    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

My partner had my GT up to 195 the other day, Alberta has some really nice straight roads for that kinda thing.

Comment

Yeah they do.

Valleyview... isn't that by Grande Prairie?

Comment

Valleyview... isn't that by Grande Prairie?
                          yessir, about an hour and a half drive towards Edmonton, well depending on how fast you drive :warped:

Comment

Mach speed

Comment

I still think it's stupid that GM put worse tires on the GTP's then the GT's.

sigpic
                              Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

They do?

Comment

Working...
                                X