This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowered Rides...Pics w/ reviews.

Calling ALL lowered 6's. Please post a picture of your ride. Please make it a full car, side shot if possible, with a well lit wheel wells so we can tell the different between the wells and your tires. Also, please include a description / review of what you have including:

Place of Purchase:
    Brand:
    Front Lower height:
    Back Lower height:
    Price: $
    Camber affect:
    Short review (likes, dislikes, and how the ride was affected):
    Would you do it different?:

P.S. If you post does not include a picture and review, please keep it out of this thread. (That means you one-liners out there )
    2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
    1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

I found alot of the pictures but I couldn't find pictures of BowTie Boy who bought the g6 show car that was on ebay. Also I couldn't find pictures of The_Great_m's car when it was lowered for like a week.

Kmans Lowered cars in Here thread

2013 Subaru Wrx STi "Rally Armor Mud Flaps, LED Interior Lights, Tint, R205 Badges, WeatherTech Mats, Volk CE28N Rims, WC lathe werks Stainless Sphere Shift Knob"

2009 Solstice GXP #1123 "Solo Mach Exhaust, GMPP Stage 2, Soft Top, Trifecta Tune, 4.5k Hids"

2006 G6 GTP "GT-R, VMS Tune, Crabs, 4.5k HIDS, HSRK, 35% Tint, Spolier, GMPP Strut Bar, Other Random Mods"

Comment

What a great Idea! :P
      I love the idea of being able to go to one spot to see them.
      Its Sticked!!
      Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

SSC Springs

Coupe_GTP

Place of Purchase: ZZperformance
        Front Lower height: 1.4"
        Back Lower height: 1.4"
        Price: $159.99
        Camber affect: -1
        Short review: So far they have been great the ride isn't all that much different from stock some bumps and holes and uneven pavement are a lil more amplified but it doesn't really bother me at all. The only thing that you have to watch for on any lowered car especially out where I live in the country is drop offs on driveways and what not so you go slow and at a angle and its all good if you don't do it just right sometimes you cringe with the scraping sound. The car looks so much better lowered and is easier to wash also with me being really short. So far is hasn't been a problem but my rear wheels even with only a 1.4" drop has a -1 camber to it. I have a automatic and went with a 1.4" drop so I haven't had any vibration issues that the 6spd guys where having. The car handles alot better and amazed me when I attacked some corners that my car would have had some problems with at those kinda speeds before. Also with parking lots that have parking blocks I recommend backing into them since the rear still sits higher you can clear most of them even if you back all the way in. If you have a exhaust with tips like the gt-r it can be pretty close sometimes though.
        Would you do it different?: No.

CMS Springs

Reubenk

Place of Purchase: ??
        Front Lower height: 1.75"
        Back Lower height: 1.75"
        Price: $??
        Camber affect: ??
        Short review: Car handles extremely well, looks extremely good. Only downside is its kinda stiff on the bumps, but thats not the springs fault, it needs new shocks which arent around yet.
        Would you do it different?: ??

Kman

Place of Purchase: http://www.canuckmotorsports.com
        Price: $204.49
        Camber affect: slight negative camber, due to amount of drop
        Short review: The effect the drop had on the car's looks and handling, was amazing. The car handles much better(no body roll) with the ride being stiffer, but not harsh. Sharp bumps are felt a bit more and the overall ride quality is pretty good. You do have to be more aware of driveway dips and curbs(parking,etc.).
        Would you do it different?: No

Toyz

Place of Purchase: http://www.canuckmotorsports.com
        Price: apr. $250
        Camber affect: Yes the rear showed camber, but did not appear severe enough to cause abnormal tire wear.
        Short review: Loved the look, made pot holes feel more harsh, but drove alot better IMO!
        Would you do it different?: Not a chance!

Sprint Springs

G6cpM6

Front Lower height: 1.75" drop (supposedly) but ended up like 2+ inches
        Back Lower height: 1.75" drop (supposedly) but ended up like 2+ inches
        Price: $220 plus shipping
        Camber affect: -1 both sides
        Short review: It vibrated with my 6speed so i took them off. Handling was awesome, ride was bearable and definitely worth the performance.
        Would you do it different?: Get something that didn't wobble.

H&R Springs

hyperlite321

Place of Purchase: http://www.h&rsprings.com
        Front Lower height: 1.3"
        Back Lower height: 1.5"
        Price: $300?
        Camber affect: -
        Short review: i absolutley love the springs would recomend them to every one . they really change the look of the car and you can really feel the difference in handling i deff give it a thumbs up
        Would you do it different?: No

Eibach

Iberios

Front Lower height: ??"
        Back Lower height: ??"
        Camber affect: ??
        Short review: ??

rpromero

Place of Purchase: On line a link from Eibach's website. I took the cheapest one.
        Front Lower height: 1.5"
        Back Lower height: 1.7"
        Price: $230.??
        Camber affect: A little neg camber in the rear but not enough to effect tires
        Short review: A little stiffer
        Would you do it different?: Not in a million years

blackedout6

Back Lower height: 1.7"
        Camber affect:
        Short review: Well my eibachs finally came in and had them installed today and the car looks great with the 20's on it! I know alot of people on here think that anything larger than an 18 doesnt look good but Im here to tell you its looks good. No problems with rubbing or problems with turning radius. Im at work right know and will try to get some pics of it up tomorrow...

SpringTech

pimpin'G6

Place of Purchase: The_Great_M off this forum
        Back Lower height: 1.75" (but dropped 3")
        Price: $60 incld. shipping
        Camber affect: -4 Degrees
        Short review: The ride was alot more bumpier but better handling... Like how it looks lowered.... But dont like how the ride is....
        Would you do it different?: I would put some rubber inserts in the springs to bring the rear up abit so its not 3''... More like what its suppose to be 1.75''...
        2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
        1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

Comment

Good work!
          Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Here is another member for the Eibachs section

blackedout6

Well my eibachs finally came in and had them installed today and the car looks great with the 20's on it! I know alot of people on here think that anything larger than an 18 doesnt look good but Im here to tell you its looks good. No problems with rubbing or problems with turning radius. Im at work right know and will try to get some pics of it up tomorrow...

2013 Subaru Wrx STi "Rally Armor Mud Flaps, LED Interior Lights, Tint, R205 Badges, WeatherTech Mats, Volk CE28N Rims, WC lathe werks Stainless Sphere Shift Knob"

2009 Solstice GXP #1123 "Solo Mach Exhaust, GMPP Stage 2, Soft Top, Trifecta Tune, 4.5k Hids"

2006 G6 GTP "GT-R, VMS Tune, Crabs, 4.5k HIDS, HSRK, 35% Tint, Spolier, GMPP Strut Bar, Other Random Mods"

Comment

Model: Eibach Pro Kit (38.140)
              Place of Purchase: Stillen (http://www.stillen.com)
              Back Lower height: 1.5"
              Price: $248 + shipping
              Camber affect: Negligible
              Short review: It takes away the wheel gap, adds cornering and ride is slightly more bumpy
              Would you do it different?: add a supercharger. Wait, what?

Theres a lot of HAWT G6's here

2007 Member of the Year - Blue Man Group
              Originally posted by shi-fu
              Panda, we do not wash our pits in the pool of sacred tears...

Comment

Re: Lowered Rides...Pics w/ reviews.

sorry
                Black 2006 G6 GTP Leather and 3.9 liter

Comment

Also, this thread is for Pics and reveiws of lowered rides, not critiques of member rides.
                  2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
                  Forge Motorsports BPV
                  CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                  HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
                  HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

Before

After*ignore the skinny bitch in the pic-only side pic I had*

Brand: CMS Springs
                    Place of purchase: Canuck Motorsports store on eBay
                    Front lower height: about 1.5 inch
                    Rear lower height: about 1.5 inch
                    Price: $200 (w/S&h)
                    Camber affect: slight negative camber w/o spring inserts, almost no camber with inserts (but enough for that extra handling trick)
                    Short review: much better suspension, much less body roll, makes car appearance more attractive. only dislike is VERY minor viabration that you cant hardly feel (feels like normal road driving actually)
                    Would you do it different? Heck no!

Comment

How much did it cost to install the springs HotG6?
                      Blue Man Group

Comment

we did them ourselves so free lol

Comment

did CMS change there springs? They had been advertised before as a 1.7" drop.

Comment

they are a 1.75 drop....i have inserts in my springs to raise it up a bit as I stated, to where I am not tucking my wheels, just even with...my personal preference, and I like the ride better this way than I did without em...again my preference.

Comment

damn i want to lower my 6 but I don't have a spring compressor and I heard its damn expensive to have them installed
                              Blue Man Group

Comment

Working...
                              X