• Show
Clear All

Re: Photography Tips & How To's - Automotive & Oth

Originally posted by snowmanG6
    Originally posted by leong6gtp
    Sony A200.
    lol you have point and shoot.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
    TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
    Show
    -20% tint
    -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
    -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Re: Photography Tips & How To's - Automotive & Other

Nikon's r great cameras. i also bought one until i found out i can use old Canon 35mm lenses on the Canon digital body so i went that route instead, but its pretty much do u like Canon or do u like Nikon.
      That's wrong actually. it's the other way around.

Canons change their mount. You've got a lot of mount variations with Canon Lenses. So much so, that a lens from the 70s is no longer going to function, at all, on a Canon body purchased today.

Nikon on the other hand, hasn't changed their F mount ever...... EVER.

I have Nikon mount lenses from the 60s which work just fine on my Nikon D3. It's manual focus, but IT will meter once I tell the camera what it is. It works flawlessly and I enjoy using it, even on my F100 which is film, from the early 2000's and will take any lens I buy today or in 20 years including my 14-24f/2.8 and my 70200f/2.8 vr. No problems. Looks great.

Canon: fd, fl, eos, ed and ac.
      Nikon: f

Wiki: The large variety of F-mount compatible lenses makes it the largest system of interchangeable flange-mount photographic lenses in history. Over 400 different Nikkor lenses are compatible with the system. The F-mount is also popular in scientific and industrial applications, most notably machine vision.

OVER 400!!!! and thats just Nikon Nikkor brand lenses... that doesn't included the probably 1000's of third party lenses from tokina, sigma, tamron, vivitar and a host of other Japanese, Russian and European lenses made by god knows who (ie: the Peleng 8mm).

To say "it's pretty much do you like canon or do you like nikon" is just wrong.

How to buy your body, quickly written up with no thought by me:

Really new to photography and want something which will last a few years, be very robust and allow you explore a LOT of avenues of photography, like sports, astrophotography, timelapse, remote, shooting the rain (yay for every nikon being weather sealed, something canon's don't) etc. etc. : buy the newest entry level nikon currently: d90 or d5000

Really new to photography and want the CHEAPEST kit: buy whatever the cheapest and latest canon is and start saving for a real body in one years time once you realize how little you can do with your entry level canon.

Have used a camera before and you just want to take great pictures for the lowest price, no special needs (no sports or outbacking in the ozzy desert): buy the Canon 5d used. That's right, the 5d not the newest 5d mkII. The 5d, for the price, takes the best pictures you'll find at that price.

Want to take great pics in all conditions, have special needs and money is kind of a factor:
      Nikon D700 w/grip. For the price, its the best full frame on the market. Slightly more then the older 5d, but does 8fps to the 5ds 3fps, has a massive and amazing lcd to the 5d's shit and has amazing high iso control (6400iso is amazing), same sensor as the D3

Want the best money can buy without needing to sell your house, do it all camera last you forever: Nikon D3. Hands down. Nothing Canon has can touch it right now. The 5d mkII came close, but not quite. 25600iso!!!! AND IT STILL LOOKS GOOD! Effing amazing.

Money is no object I'm not a real photographer because no real photographer would ever spend this much money on a body when everyone knows all the magic is in the lens:
      Nikon D3x. Take the D3 and put it on steroids, you've got the d3x.

The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

Sony A200.
        lol you have point and shoot.
        i have 2 cameras, i have a Canon Digital Elf SD 870 IS, and i have a Canon Digital EOS Rebel XT

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
        Originally posted by ahuhn
        so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

So what's with the rofl bullshit?

TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
          Show
          -20% tint

Comment

for the Sony A200, i have a bad luck with sony cameras

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
            so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

for the Sony A200, i have a bad luck with sony cameras
              I've never had any problems with my Sony, or my other point and shoot N5, or my HD camcorder. Nor have I heard of any issues with the consumer cameras in general, must be why they have the majority Of the market.

Show
              -20% tint

Comment

Slightly off topic, but I figure that that some of the Nikon experts here may be able to point me in the right direction:

Right now, for my setup (N75, 28-100mm+75-300mm nikkor afs-G lenses, plus a lens-mount close-up ring--since i'd have to sell someone for glue to get a true macro at this point), I want to get a ring-flash unit. My curreent flash unit (SB-2, is small, relatively weak, but can "get the job done", but can't do much else, and doesn't have the type of ring flash adaptors that the SB-800 or SB-900 have, nor do I have the $400 or so bucks right now to drop on one.

So, my question is:

Has anyone here had experince using the LED ringflashes? Do they work only for macro or could you also use them for portrait photography? Since the LED's are discontinuous around the ring do you get brightness artifacts? Also, considering that my lenses are 62mm and is seems a lot of the ring flashes I see are 52mm, have you had any vignetting problems?

Thanks!
                "Cross creviced chasms vast, and endless plains of unshaven ass"
                ~~GWAR's description of Hell
                Skaði: 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Street Edition

Comment

Bought a new Rebel T1i today - nice camera, good upgrade from my XT I've had for years. Better high ISO performance than the 50D and has HD video too (although I won't use it all that much, it's just nice to have). Plus I don't need weather sealing or high frames/sec and I like being able to put a small lens on it, take off the vertical portrait grip, and have a tiny light portable very capable camera when I want to. But with the grip, it balances well with even my 70-200mm f/2.8 IS lens which isn't exactly light.

Costs too much to go full frame, image quality is already phenomenal when you put good glass on the Rebel and XXD series cameras, can't see spending $2500 for a camera body personally unless I make a living with it and it's paying for itself. Plus, I have the EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS lens which only works on APS-C cameras anyway.

The new VGA res 3" screen on the back is amazing - so much better than the XT's 1.8" lower res screen.

All in all, I'm impressed so far! Cool little camera.
                  If ignorance is bliss, going to Clemson must be orgasmic...

2011 Cyber Gray Metallic 2SS/RS

Comment

nice, i was wondering about that one, saw the commercial on it yesterday.

Comment

I think it was worth the money, esp. when I sell my old camera to recoup some of the cost. Plus a manager at Best Buy took the standard 12% off from those Reward Zone coupons that go out even though I didn't have one at the time. Canon SLR cameras aren't excluded on those coupons.

Comment

sweet how much did u buy the T1i for?

and check this place out for ur mem cards
                        Adorama

Comment

$791 for the kit version because I wanted the lightweight 18-55 with IS, will be a good small light daytime lens for when I don't want to bring all the lenses, the grip, etc like out on the boat or something like that.

Already ordered memory cards from Amazon when I was getting the Opteka grip for the camera. Prices were about the same as newegg so I figured I'd just order it all at once. The one 8GB Transcend Class 6 card I already had works great - 8 to 9 RAW files before it stops, so about the rated amount and the cards are cheap.

Comment

so i have a question: i have heard about setting a camera(SLR) to infinity mode. as if u were to take a picture of stars. i have tried to snap a shot of the stars, but can not get a clear focus. i have a Canon Rebel XT. so i was wondering is there a way to focus or set it to infinity mode?

Comment

It's set on the lens, not the camera.

Depending on what lens you have, it may have a focus marker window
                              on it too showing how many meters and the scale ends in an infinity sign.

Basically your lens has a focus ring you can spin like the zoom ring and
                              all the way one direction is the lens' minimum focusing distance and all
                              the way the other direction is infinity.

Just turn off AF on the lens switch on the side of the lens and spin the
                              focus ring counter-clockwise most likely. On the kit lens you have to
                              turn the very end of the lens, the rotating, extending barrel.

Comment

ok sweet i will try that thanks alot

Comment

Working...
                                X