Got the GTP dynoed yesterday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the GTP dynoed yesterday...

From a dynapak dynamometer (take the wheels off, bolt shafts to your hubs that are connected to the dyno)

The results are SAE corrected

my roommates Ion redline showed a 242hp/203lb-ft. So we think that these results may be high by 5-10%

EDIT: heres the video!

http://photobucket.com/albums/e46/handy ... Pieper.flv
    Originally posted by colinpeddle
    They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
    That here, by G6er law, we lie
    Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
    THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

I agree. Just a bit to high.
    2009 Panther Black G8 GT
    334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

i think they look low, everything that i've seen has said over 240 lb ft
      -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
      Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Is the redline stock? How could it make more power than the GTP, even if the results are off?
        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by blkGTPcoupe
          i think they look low, everything that i've seen has said over 240 lb ft
          Edit, bahh your right, I didn’t notice the text at the top.

Ehh pretty dead on if you ask me. But why did they give you calculated Flywheel numbers. The only number that matters is the one that hits the ground.
          Originally posted by GTPGuy82
          Is the redline stock? How could it make more power than the GTP, even if the results are off?
          Well if he's talking WHP your right that is high, but flywheel I could see. The Redlines and the SS's are under rated a fair amount.
          2009 Panther Black G8 GT
          334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

this was definitely whp. and yes the redline is bone stock
            They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.

Comment

thats insane is the redline made that much power, maybe I should have went after that Cobalt SS
              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

So these GTP numbers are fly wheel numbers as the graphs imply? What do you think are the wheel numbers?
                -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

the SS supercharged only has 205 hp. the supercharged redline ion only has 205 hp as well. both of these numbers coming from their websites. there's no way they are more powerful than a gtp

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                  Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

^^yeah I do find it hard to believe the redline put out 242HP-thats quite a bit for a factory supercharged vehicle-especially from GM.
                    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

there was a show on speed network where 3 different teams took 3 diff. cars - cobalt ss, skyline, jetta.
                      the gm team dynoed the cobalt and it read stock around 210-215.
                      i have also seen a list of parts which cost around $500 that will give the cobalt a significant amount of HP.
                      i wish i could remember where and when i saw the list.

Comment

Those parts are from GM. You can get them right from the dealership. I think it brings the power up to like, 250 or something.
                        -Mike #1

Comment

the SS supercharged only has 205 hp. the supercharged redline ion only has 205 hp as well. both of these numbers coming from their websites. there's no way they are more powerful than a gtp
                          GM Under rated the Colbalt a fair amount. Its a proven fact.
                          2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                          334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

by 40 hp? don't think so. GM under rates just about all their cars (including the G6)

Comment

by 40 hp? don't think so. GM under rates just about all their cars (including the G6)
                              I guess I can't really blame them though - the last thing GM needs is bad press because they overrate one engines power numbers, if even by a little bit

Comment

Working...
                              X