No announcement yet.

Got the GTP dynoed yesterday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if anyone remembers, but Mazda overrated the RX8 by 7 or so HP. When it was found out that it had 237 not the 242 or whtever, Mazda had to buy back the cars if the customer requested. A guy I worked with sold his back and bought a cheap Mercedes. C300?
    I think it's called conservative estimate. My company does it on accuracy specs.
    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by muzak1620
      i dont care what hp they put out, a cobalt is still a cavalier and a srt4 is still a neon. long live the g6 :warped:
      The Cobalt is not a Cavy and the Neon will run circles around the g6.

CMR tuned Predator by RDP ,Borla 125 cat-back,AEM Brute Force CAB,KW V1s Coilovers,Hotchkis Swaybars

Comment

Originally posted by blkGTPcoupe
        or if it claims 205 hp, i move on and buy a different car. they would lose more money by under rating it by a huge percent bc most people don't research the engine, they read the rating and believe it.
        If you're an educated buyer than you've done your reasearch and you know the cars are underrated.

Case in point, Neon SRT-4's were also underated (Dodge claimed 230hp/250tq which most stock cars dyno) and had no problems being sold.

CMR tuned Predator by RDP ,Borla 125 cat-back,AEM Brute Force CAB,KW V1s Coilovers,Hotchkis Swaybars

Comment

Redline Ion HP/TQ numbers at the wheels...

Just chiming in on the Redline Ion HP/TQ figures you guys have been discussing. Have a look at the Redline Forum for real Dynojet numbers.
          A forum community dedicated to Saturn ION RedLine owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about reviews, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!

Also buying a G6 GTP 'Vert next spring. Thinking red or blue but not sure yet.

Mike

'06 Redline Ion Comp package
          3" ZZP pulley
          15.5 psi
          Cobra heat exchanger

Comment

if the G6 gtp was forced induction it wouldn't be a big deal...anyways the platform/chassis for the G6 is much more sophisticated then the cobalt....by the time u finish spending on more power it will probably be the same as us spending on suspension parts. honestly, I find my cobalt scary to drive at the limit, the rear end is really unsettled.
            and that's a pretty high dyno for a stock ion redline..I'm not saying it isn't true just that most aren't that high.
            Cobalt SS s/c, G85, Stage II, GM armrest

Comment

What Dyno spec's did you look at for the Redline? I noticed my RL was feeling lose at the rear when I took her up past 130mph last summer. I haven't read anyone else mentioning it so maybe it was the road I was on or my tire pressure. Still looking at a GTP 'vert for the GF next spring. Can't buy one this winter because of salted roads as it will be a summer only car. What is a typical Dynojet figure for the GTP?

Mike

Comment

For some reason very very few people have had their cars dyno'd. But even dynojet numbers don't say anything. Operators define everything and can swing the results by at least 50 whp.
                04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:
                Self described crotchety old man!

Comment

Hmmm, any idea if the GTP 'vert will get the 6 speed tranny?

Mike

Comment

No. No verts come with a MT.
                    04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:

Comment

Bummer, no fun with an autobox. The car drove nice but a 6 speed sure would be nicer

Mike

Comment

I meant to edit that as it doesn't come with a 6MT or 6EAT since you can no longer get a GTP vert.

Yes, big bummer.

Myself, and several of the other members here bought the G6 with the 6MT since it was the only car that appealed to us wanting a GM with a manual trans.

Comment

What? No GTP 'vert for '07? The GF is not going to be happy with that. There was a huge difference in power felt from the GT to the GTP. Ouch, not good news. If I didn't have my RL I surely would have considered a 6 speed G6 coupe. I had driven a '05 RL a year ago and liked the Mad Powa so I came back and bought a '06 comp package RL last spring. Nice to have the posi. I later added an additional heat exchanger in series with the factory exchanger and achieved way acceleration than it had as stock. Now tell me about the no GTP 'vert for '07...this doesn't sound good at all.

Mike

Comment

^She can get a GT w/performance package, which includes the 3900 and the 4T65-E as well as the 18" rims/tires / dual exhuast.

(Sounds a lot like an '06 GTP, eh?)

sigpic
                            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I believe gm is give crankshaft/flywheel HP rating. the 02 GTP 3800 s/c i dyno stock making around 205hp at the wheel. the 3800 n/a is about 160HP at the wheel. so if the 3.9 g6 with 4t65e makes 280Hp you should see around 220-230HP. i am sure GM found new way to reduce HP lose by friction.
                              WWW.INFOWARS.COM

1989 buick t-type,2004 GTP Comp G powertrain - R.I.P.
                              1989 BLT (fully loaded) 3800 turbocharge/intercool (under the knife)
                              1986 buick GN ..... 9`s DAILY DRIVER, C6 brake "STOP ON A DIME" (Summer)
                              FASTER THAN YOUR OVER PRICE SPORT CAR....
                              http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/ ... rformance/

Comment

Working...
                              X