No announcement yet.

Got the GTP dynoed yesterday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GM has been doing that for a while tho.. helps with insurance too!
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Originally posted by blkGTPcoupe
      by 40 hp? don't think so. GM under rates just about all their cars (including the G6)
      Why not? They did it with the LS1
      2009 Panther Black G8 GT
      334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

hell yeah. the camaro ss and ws-6 were way underrated in hopes they wouldn't steal sales from the vette. i like the ws-6 though, they are nice cars.

Comment

those are much more valuable cars than a cobalt. even car and driver rated the cobalt ss at 205 HP. why would chevy under rate it by 40 hp if they wanted to sell any cobalts. they start at $22,000. who would pay that much for a cavalier replacement vehicle advertised at just over 200 hp. GM would be better off under rating the G6 GTP to sell more GTOs. if the GTP would have been rated at only 200hp i would have gotten out my check book and purchased a GTO instead = more money for GM.
          -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
          Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

those are much more valuable cars than a cobalt. even car and driver rated the cobalt ss at 205 HP. why would chevy under rate it by 40 hp if they wanted to sell any cobalts. they start at $22,000. who would pay that much for a cavalier replacement vehicle advertised at just over 200 hp. GM would be better off under rating the G6 GTP to sell more GTOs. if the GTP would have been rated at only 200hp i would have gotten out my check book and purchased a GTO instead = more money for GM.
            What does C&D's rating have to do with anything. They don’t dyno them, they just post factory numbers. Why would they under rate the Cobalt? Umm lets see INSURANCE, marketing.... Look all I’m saying is the thought of the cobalt being under rated is not as crazy as you seam to think.
            2009 Panther Black G8 GT
            334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

i dont think it being under rated is crazy, i do think under rating a car by 35 hp (15%) is rediculous

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
              Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

you can also think of it this way in terms of marketing... If they under rate the HP then kids who's insurance is sky high already won't be as bad as if they sayd 240HP supercharged!! This car is aimed at kids anyways, plus if I told you that I would give you $10 to mow the lawn and when you finished I gave you $20 you'd be more inclined to do it next time (hence buy another GM)!!

Comment

or if it claims 205 hp, i move on and buy a different car. they would lose more money by under rating it by a huge percent bc most people don't research the engine, they read the rating and believe it.

Comment

or if it claims 205 hp, i move on and buy a different car. they would lose more money by under rating it by a huge percent bc most people don't research the engine, they read the rating and believe it.
                    Well just doing 10 min of research on the forms i looks like they usualy put down 205-215 HP BONE STOCK.
                    2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                    334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

If your buying a Cobalt SS 80% of the people KNOW what they are buying. Like I said its targeted at a tuner crowd, so anyone whos intentionally buying it for the engine knows what it can do, and anyone whos buying it for looks prolly doesnt care about the engine ne ways, hence why they made an automatic non-supercharged SS!!

Comment

oh well i dont really care bc either way it's no where near as nice as a G6 GTP coupe

Comment

True...

Comment

oh well i dont really care bc either way it's no where near as nice as a G6 GTP coupe
                            I agree 100% !!!!!
                            2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                            334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

that would be bad marketing then...to underrate a car?
                              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                                that would be bad marketing then...to underrate a car?
                                Well its not all marketing, some of it has to do with insurance. And to the contrary is good marketing. The reasoning for it is they set out to sell a cretin amount of units in each model of vehicle. If they rate a lesser model higher than a higher Model (The Cobalt and the G6/malibu) is could jeopardize there goal. Remember the G6/Malibus are a more expensive vehicle than the Cobalt, I’m thinking they want to sell as many as they can.
                                2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                                334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Working...
                                X