Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of us don't put 'em back on. So far I only removed the word pontiac off the deck lid.
    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

I saw where one guy had taken the GTP off the corner of the trunk and moved it to the middle and I liked how it looks ... but Im wonderin how they are puttin it back on.

Comment

If you take some fishing line and just stick it under a thick part of the badge when it's really cold out, a quick tug will usually take it off cleanly and in tact. I did this to remove the G6 part and it was basically in perfect condition. My GM badges I just ripped off, I'm sure you could stick them on again like that but prolly wouldn't stick very good since it lost half of it. Or you can buy some 3m trim adhesive and reafix it like that, it's very similar to what it on there already actually. Prolly the same stuff.

Comment

^ Very cool ... Thanks!

Can you buy the actual "g6" .. "gtp" .. so that if you do take 'em off, but wanted to replace them in a different spot, you'd have a fresh one to use? Im pretty sure I saw 'em somewhere but I dont remember where it was.. ebay I think, but not sure. =/

Comment

Yeah you can get new ones from the dealer, or ebay I'm sure... I'm not sure how much they are at the dealer but if you got the part number from em then you could order it from gmpd or paceparts and get them cheaper.

Comment

Re: Pontiac Lettering Peeling Off

What doesn't peel/scratch off on this car? It's my biggest pet peeve, when mine was under warranty I had 3 new radios installed because of the numbers peeling off. Now I just sharpie it, lol

Comment

Re: Pontiac Lettering Peeling Off

could always debadge!

Last edited by bluegtp33; 05-27-2011, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X