Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 05 ones had a different badge on them I believe, they were a little skinnier and whatnot so they don't hold as well as the ones they used in 06. But yeah if they are comin off just ditch em, but if you wanted to replace them just letting you know the fix.

Comment

^^ Yeah, the badging on the '05s is different (and not as nice as far as I'm concerned). Each letter in the P-o-n-t-i-a-c are separate badges, as opposed to the single badge on the '06s. I'm sure if your 05 badges are coming off they'd replace them with the nicer 06 ones...at least thats what I think I might try to do.
      "Open Your Mind Before You Open Your Mouth Because You Might Be The One Who's Selling Out"

Comment

06's are individual letters too
        -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
        Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
          The 05 ones had a different badge on them I believe, they were a little skinnier and whatnot so they don't hold as well as the ones they used in 06. But yeah if they are comin off just ditch em, but if you wanted to replace them just letting you know the fix.
          Yup. they are different. and the '06 ones are nicer too. I'm actually looking for one "G6" and two "V6" badges from '06-'07.
          COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6
          Clicky for progression place

CURRENT MODS: C.R.A.B.S. (O3), 20% Tint, Upper & lower recessed grilles (black), LEDs (dome light, trunk, licence plate & reverse lights), DRL delete, intake resonator delete, Dart & trunk keyhole overlays, debadge, '09 Stock radio (with AUX IN), '10 HVAC controls, Hood quicklifts, Eagle Eyes black projector headlights, LED brake/turn lights (including 3rd brake light LED retrofit), Pioneer speakers (front & back), Bazooka BTA8100FHC 8" Subwoofer, Hidden 12v adapter (that turn on with the ignition), EE Halo DRL bypass (How-to).
          MODS - COMING SOON: None... for now!

Also in the parking lot: 2008 Pontiac Torrent "Podium Edition"

My first G6 - Lease ended - but not forgotten

Comment

No offense to the guys that debadged, but the only badges I removed are the GM's on the side. I hate the look without any badges on the back. Come on G6 owners. Be proud! Forget fooling people. It's more fun to represent the G6nation! As a matter of fact, I'm debating a windshield banner that somehow incorporates the G6 name in the same font as the badging. I want folks to know that the sharp, mean looking machine getting larger in their rear view mirror or smaller in their windshield is undoubtedly a Pontiac G6.
            I'M A TURNHUG6ER!

Comment

I just removed my side badges today

I agree with you on the back... I don't think it looks quite right with out them, so probably gonna be leaving them... we'll see how it looks when I black out the rest of the car.
              Originally posted by TLS2000
              Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
              http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
              GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

This is what the 2005 lettering looks like:
                COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6

CURRENT MODS: C.R.A.B.S. (O3), 20% Tint, Upper & lower recessed grilles (black), LEDs (dome light, trunk, licence plate & reverse lights), DRL delete, intake resonator delete, Dart & trunk keyhole overlays, debadge, '09 Stock radio (with AUX IN), '10 HVAC controls, Hood quicklifts, Eagle Eyes black projector headlights, LED brake/turn lights (including 3rd brake light LED retrofit), Pioneer speakers (front & back), Bazooka BTA8100FHC 8" Subwoofer, Hidden 12v adapter (that turn on with the ignition), EE Halo DRL bypass (How-to).
                MODS - COMING SOON: None... for now!

Also in the parking lot: 2008 Pontiac Torrent "Podium Edition"

My first G6 - Lease ended - but not forgotten

Comment

I almost ripped that C right off when i was cleaning my car the first time, its now barely hanging on there, I gotta get the 06 ones, they look a lot stronger and a better font.
                  "Open Your Mind Before You Open Your Mouth Because You Might Be The One Who's Selling Out"

Comment

I like the 'Semi-Clean' look. I want to keep people guessing.
                    2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
                    Forge Motorsports BPV
                    CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                    HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
                    HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

^^^ Yeah, when I whoop on somebody, i want them to say, "What kinda of car was that?"

Comment

AGREED wvleadfoot!

i hate the debadged look, its more for Cavaliers or Hondas. IMO.
                        KO

Comment

Originally posted by coulomjo
                          This is what the 2005 lettering looks like:
                          Wow those are flimsy and cheap looking.

Comment

Can the dealership get the 06 lettering and put them on free of charge? If not where can I get the 06 lettering?
                            Joe
                            New to the Pontiac World
                            2005 Black Pontiac G6 GT
                            (Automatic, Panaromic Roof, Tinted)
                            (Yokohama Tires, Powerslot Rotors, Akebono Pads)

Comment

Check ebay also. I bought two "G6"s there.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2543500/1

Comment

My 06 coupe had the "05" lettering from the factory. I ripped it off and put on the 06 lettering because I ordered vinyl overlays which were only "2006 lettering" compatible. Plus, I like the 06 lettering better.

My dad, however, apparently drives an 05 Ponta G6. His I and C are gone.

Anyone looking to get the 06 lettering, definitely check ebay, but if you don't have luck there, here are the part numbers to order from partszoneonline or gmpartsdirect:

"PONTIAC G6" (not sold independent of each other): 15290127
                                "V6": 15290128
                                "GT": 15290129
                                "GTP": 15290130
                                2009 PONTIAC G8
                                MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Working...
                                X