No announcement yet.

steering clunk updated bulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got this done today, I brought in the TSB number and the date, they said okay and went right to work!

It was under and hour and a half, they came out and gave me a receipt with a zero balance and I was off!

If you guys have this happening, get in there, it was a very quick fix!

SWO #21. PeanutEnvy- Official Dirt Track Racer/Dirk Diggler
    Originally posted by G6Performance
    Your username cracks me up

Comment

My car is in the shop for a few days for this repair, as well as others.

Unfortunately, they said they needed some parts to repair this issue. I'm scared! I get nervous anytime parts are needed...
      2009 PONTIAC G8
      MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

they've replaced the entire steering rack, but there's still an issue, so they're now gonna replace the entire lower i-shaft. eeeeeek!
        2009 PONTIAC G8
        MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

That is weird, mine was in and out in about an hour.

SWO #21. PeanutEnvy- Official Dirt Track Racer/Dirk Diggler
          Originally posted by G6Performance
          Your username cracks me up

Comment

Originally posted by PeanutEnvy
            That is weird, mine was in and out in about an hour.
            Mine too. I had this done last night. It took about an hour...and the cluck is gone. We will see how long it stays gone.

http://www.sharpshooterv1.com/index.php?act=idx

Comment

they are going to replace mine when part comes in from Us
              My Best 1/4mile time 14.94 auto gtp

Comment

they replaced the lower i shaft and whatever part has the u-joint, and the problem was fixed. ahhhhh, silence is golden.
                2009 PONTIAC G8
                MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

did it happen everytime you turned the wheel because it only happens once in awhile with my car so idk mayb i should take it in to the dealership i hope there not like "theres no noise get outta here"

Comment

Originally posted by the1greekG6
                    did it happen everytime you turned the wheel because it only happens once in awhile with my car so idk mayb i should take it in to the dealership i hope there not like "theres no noise get outta here"
                    yours is just starting

take it in
                    even if it doesnt they should go "oh its a G6 with a steering clunk lets put a rack in it"

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                    Originally posted by snowmanG6
                    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

I just got this done today, I brought in the TSB number and the date, they said okay and went right to work!

It was under and hour and a half, they came out and gave me a receipt with a zero balance and I was off!

What is a TSB number? And what is it? I'm new to all this, and I want to get it fixed I definitely has this identical issue too.
                      -Adam Moore

Comment

Originally posted by Moore

What is a TSB number? And what is it? I'm new to all this, and I want to get it fixed I definitely has this identical issue too.
                        Check the first post in this thread.... The number is listed there.
                        Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Originally posted by Toyz
                          Originally posted by Moore

Check the first post in this thread.... The number is listed there.
                          Thank you. That's what I thought too, just wanted to make sure. I have an appointment Monday at 1:00pm. Thanks again!
                          -Adam Moore

Comment

you know when i was at the dealer last time i had this problemn i was talking to the manager there and he was saying the were getting alot of g6's in to change there racks.. and he also said that the cobalt and g5's and having the same problems with the racks as with us.. kinda werid huh
                            2006 Black GTP Coupe, One of the First Hammerhead Spoilers on here. Gm Strut Bar, Doctor Speed CAB and Stage 4 . Black out upper grille and black logos, Tinted Black Euro's, Painted black Headlights with blacked out corners and Led's,10,000 K HID Low-Beams, GT-R Cat-Back Exhaust System,Racingline performance moto mounts inserts, power slot rotors and hawks.Eclipse 4 channel amp powering Alpine Type-S speakers, 93 oct tune, GM HSRK, RaceineLinePerformance Ground Kit.

Comment

well cobalts and G5's are the same car and they all use the same rack as us so it makes perfect sense the car he didnt mention was the malibu which also uses the same rack

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                              Originally posted by snowmanG6
                              you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by ahuhn
                                well cobalts and G5's are the same car and they all use the same rack as us so it makes perfect sense the car he didnt mention was the malibu which also uses the same rack
                                umm...cobalt/g5 uses same rack as G6/mailbu? aren't we epsilon and those other two delta?

the G6 has a front track width of 59.6 inches, and the cobalt 59.1. is it possible for them to have the same front steering components? or did i totally misunderstand you...
                                2009 PONTIAC G8
                                MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Working...
                                X