No announcement yet.

VentPods...Whadda ya think??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know that trans remp can't be monitored through the pcm on the '05-06 models.
    You have an auto? Where are you putting the sending unit, as this intrigues me.
    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by ElecBlueG6GT
      I know that trans remp can't be monitored through the pcm on the '05-06 models.
      You have an auto? Where are you putting the sending unit, as this intrigues me.
      I've never used the PCM to monitor the trans temp, oil pressure, or anything else for that matter. At least not in conjunction with an Auto Meter guage. I've used an Auto Tap and a laptop to measure readings like that through the PCM.

A sending unit looks like this....

Comment

I would consider doing this to my 6.
        G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
        Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
        Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.

Comment

No interest???

I'll give it another couple weeks, and then I'm droppin' this like a hot potatoe if I don't hear anything.

Thanks for everyone's input though.
          Jim
          Elbows-High Performance, LLC

Comment

Originally posted by Elbows-High
            No interest???

I'll give it another couple weeks, and then I'm droppin' this like a hot potatoe if I don't hear anything.

Thanks for everyone's input though.
            I think most were waiting to see pics posted. I know I was. See posts on previous page.
            G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888

Comment

That's what I was hoping for. Having seen much action in this thread lately, so I figured I'd stir the pot.

Adam, where you at?

I have a coworker that just bought a G6. He says I can use his vehicle to get some shots of the pod in a center location. I'm going to go talk to him right now. My last unit is still at home, so I'll have to bring it in tomorrow for the install.
              Jim

Comment

Jim,
                I'm still interested. I'd like to have the trans temp showin up in my 6.
                G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888

Comment

its a great idea and looks awesome, just not alot of mods out right now that can use it...it will come just hang in there

Comment

I think you're absolutely right! It's a new platform, and these things take a little time to build momentum.

I have the CAD data, and a manufacturer lined up. I'm sure more interest will work up in the next couple years. I can wait. My patent is good for 20 years, so...

Thanks!
                    Jim

Comment

damn I can't believe I haven't seen this!!! I was just complaining the other day about how our dash doesn't have sh*t for gauges! I want these!!!!!!! I'm thinking trans temp, voltage, and oil pressure....... The only thing I'm worried about is:

A)wiring this all up, because I have absolutely no idea how to do so.
                      B)finding a black gage with red light up
                      C)trim around it black instead of silver/gray

we need to keep this open!!!!
                      2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS T/C
                      Black/Black coupe

Comment

I've been waiting and waiting for some feedback/pics/more info of any kind.
                        I guess it's never coming so I have a really great idea:
                        Why not sell these as kits complete with wiring instructions and interior matched gauges. I can pretty much tell you right now that the most popular gauges will be trans temp and volt/amp meter.

My Progression Page: click here

Comment

Raven, what kind of info do you want? I have the prototype and if you PM me I can take any pictures/ whatev you want. The gauge I have in there is a dummy gauge because I dont have any cash right now.

The air flow is perfect, I cant tell any difference between normal and the one with a gauge. The only thing is you cant aim it. For that reason, I put it on the driverside one closest to the window, I dont really aim that one anyway. They pod looks hot and works perfectly.

Comment

Okay, I've been talking with a prototype supplier, and we're working on making these in small batches. This way, we can supply those of you who want them and everybody wins.

What I'll need from all y'all is to email me info@ventpod.com to get placed on a list. Once the list gets to say, 20 parts or so, I can tell my prototype guy to make them up. This will help us keep the cost down to a reasonable level. They will still cost a bit more than what they normally would from a production tool, but for right now, this approach will fill a void in our plan.
                            Also, anyone who is placed on our list and orders prototype units will be automatically placed on our production level parts "waiting list", and they will be entitled to production units at a significant discount, should this product make it to production.

So, please contact me at the above mentioned addy. I can provide prices to you from there. I cannot discuss costs here on the board.

Again, this is an effort to kick start this product and keep the enthusiasm up. Thanks for all of your support!!
                            Jim

Comment

I don't see this flying by this forum. We've been waiting for months to see one installation. I could be wrong though. People here may by them in droves.
                              G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888

Comment

i work at the patent office and i just pulled up his patent application on my comp...maybe it will be given to me to examine since i look at automobile patents
                                -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
                                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                                Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Working...
                                X