No announcement yet.

Steering Wheel Clunk a Recall yet??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys i had the same problem with the clunk and shit with the rack.. i took it to the dealer and they fixed it without replaceing my 2 rack.. there was a bulletin out about the staft how it has to be taken apart and repostion and lube back up. I asked the guy at the dealer how does this accure and he said that maybe the motor lifted and hitting bumps to hard..

so asked the dealer about that first be4 they order a new rack
    2006 Black GTP Coupe, One of the First Hammerhead Spoilers on here. Gm Strut Bar, Doctor Speed CAB and Stage 4 . Black out upper grille and black logos, Tinted Black Euro's, Painted black Headlights with blacked out corners and Led's,10,000 K HID Low-Beams, GT-R Cat-Back Exhaust System,Racingline performance moto mounts inserts, power slot rotors and hawks.Eclipse 4 channel amp powering Alpine Type-S speakers, 93 oct tune, GM HSRK, RaceineLinePerformance Ground Kit.

Comment

Re: Steering Wheel Clunk a Recall yet??

Holy cow! I thought this was just my car that did this!
      I've just turned it out with the stereo louder!
      "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

Yeah, ya might wanna turn down the radio, and get that looked at

It's not about how fast you get to your destination, it's about how you many heads
        you turn when you get there...

My Progression Page
        CarDomainMySpace

Comment

they fixed mine under warranty just by lubricating the steering column (i think)... not sure how much it would be without a warranty but it cant be too much. and im sure theres people on this forum who could do it themselves
          Mods: CRAB option 3, Black Grill Trim, Intake Resonator Delete, Ram Air Through Grill, Red Calipers, Tinted Tails, Partial Debadge, GM Strut Bar, 20% all-around tint, Lamin-X Headlight tint, Black corners, (FIRST EVER) black GT Rims, 2 Rockford Fosgate 12" P1's, Kenwood 1000w-2ch amp, DDM HID 6K Low Beams & Fogs

Check Out My Progression!!

Comment

I had mine in before for this and they told me they replaced the stabalizer link but it still made the same noise... I got about 800 more miles till my warranty is up I think I'm going to take it back and see if they can get it right this time

Comment

My car just began making some weird/annoying noises through the wheel. It doesn't sound like it is low on power steering fluid, but I will check it today. If it is low on fluid, Why? Its an 09 with 17K shouldn't be having any problems let alone a leak.

The sound is audible through the wheel and can be felt. Even more so when backing up or @ low speed. Going to go by the dealer soon!

Comment

Since new, mine would make a really loud series of clunks when steering, and you could feel it too. Dealer said they had to replace the intermediate shaft, not just lube it. Guess I should'nt have waited 10k miles to bring it in.
                '07 G6 V6 -- stock.
                '09 G8 GT -- stock.
                '01 Explorer Sport 4x4 -- 4.0L SOHC, Xcal2, lifted, 33" Terra Grapplers.
                '83 Mustang GLX -- 5.0L, HCI, TKO600, turbo 15psi, ~500rwhp.

Comment

Hi, Real Newbie here (Jim), but my '08 GT Coupe is making the clunking sounds, too. Guess I should bring it in, too. :-(

Comment

I HAVE "THE CLUNK" AS WELL .......

Comment

It more likely wont go away unless the dealer replaces the whole thing. Even at then, give it a couple hundred or so miles and it'll be back. I know from experiences. I went through the troubles of getting it fixed twice.
                      Traded G6 - http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=17590
                      2006 G6 V6, 12" vinyl strip along windshield, 5% tint on all around, painted mirrors, Eibach Pro-Kit, CRABS Option 3, Dr. Speed FPU, 8k Highs/Lows with halogen fogs, tinted tails, custom Flowmaster 44 exhaust with resonator delete, and a Kenwood headunit along with a metra kit.

New Car - http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22863
                      2009 Cobalt SS/TC, K&N SRI, ZZP catless DP, EFR 6758, Polished TC wheels, Injen Charge pipes, Retros, HPTuned, etc...

Comment

I just keep the knuckles and shaft lubed with white grease. My noise has been very minimal after doing that.
                        2009 Ford Mustang Premium Pony 4.0L
                        2001 GMC Sierra SL 4.3L

Comment

Yeah I've had this lubed twice, it always comes back back after half a year or so, there is a how to somewhere on doing it yourself once the clunk returns, but they said if I want it to stop it needs replacing. I've left mine go since early fall with the clunk, other than a nuissance it isn't hurting anything but when I get the bucks I will replace it for good (or after another 50K)
                          Current: 2015 Volvo s60 t6 awd r-design platinum

Former: 2006 Pontiac G6 GTP 3.9L Sedan Silver loaded w/ GT-R Exhaust, CRABS CAB Intake w/ FPU, AIT Carbon Fiber hood & roof wing spoiler, GM Ground Effects Kit, Eagle Eyes black CCFL halo projectors, 18" Konig Airstrike rims, shadow chrome recessed upper/lower grilles, 35% tint all around, tinted tails, Kenwood Excelon X497 Head Unit, R1 concepts drilled/slotted rotors, silver door plate sills, Racingline STB, Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position tires, custom GTP floor/trunk mats, gm carbon silver interior trim kit, CF dart & pillar overlays/plate bracket, rs-1 cf/silver pedals, red calipers w/ GTP logos, chief badge replacements, red/silver painted engine/battery covers, windshield washer relocate

Comment

Working...
                          X