Re: HOW TO - remove the intake resonator in one piece way # 2

its too easy
    V.M.S. 93 Stealth ECM/TCM....
    Red Duplicolor calipers...
    Royal Purple 5W30..
    Crab Cab 04.

Comment

Just got done doing this. It is pretty easy, just jack it up put a jack stand under there and remove the bolts under the bumper first then the bolts in the wheel well and just pull the liner back towards the rotor. Once you do, you'll see the biggest, ugliest piece of plastic crap ever. I couldn't help but laugh out loud when I saw this thing, it is beyond ridiculos. I just unscrewed the one bolt with my wrench and ripped the two rubber caps out with my needle nose pliers. The thing just fell out afterward, didn't have to stretch the bumper at all. Please do remove this thing it has no business in there. Good luck!

Comment

Is there a need to remove this and what advantage would I have by doing this?

A Small Profit Is No Loss.

Comment

Hey guys. Im thinkin about doing this but i have a couple questions because I dont know much about car stuff. Im not sure what the resonator actually does.

When you remove the resonator do you have to put any tubing in its place? or is it just the only thing between outside air and our filter? How does that work?

Comment

The Resonator resonates.

j/k... I think of it as a speed bump and silencer for the air coming in. Remove it will leave you with no ill effects.

FourDoorMafia MySpace | YouTube

Current Mods: ZZP Strut Bar | CRAB FPU w/Fenderwell Intake
            Future Mods: Flowmaster 50 Series Exhaust
            Fabrication: Rear Strut Bar

Comment

R.I.P resonator

Very easy mod.
              MODSGT-R, HIDS 6000K, 8000K FOGS, 35% TINT, K&N INTAKE, CRAB HEAT SHIELD, Cquence Rotors

Comment

Grats Ricky!

Just a note on mileage. I went from an average of 21mpg to over 22.5 mpg(average over 3 tanks)

My driving is pretty static, with not much variation from going to work and coming home, at times where the traffic is non-existent. Its amazing how much gas you can save when you think of the gas pedal as your childs ankle. Just so you know, I was using the same practices before I removed the resonator. 3 tanks average of 21, before. 2.75 tanks average 22.5, after.

The last tank was well over 23 mpg...Then about 3/4 of the way through the tank, I had a few people that wanted to play...so I happily obliged...

Anyone else happy summer is here?
                2006 RED GTP Coupe - K&N Drop in, Tinted windows, Debadged 'cept GTP, Red (Duplicolor) Calipers, Intake Resonator Removed
                Coming Soon -Powered 10" Sub, Racing alignment, Cat back Exhaust????

Comment

damn thats one ugly piece of plastic, im glad i ripped out the cancer a long time ago

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                  Originally posted by ahuhn
                  so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Is attempting this with the standard floor jack that comes with the car unsafe?

This will determine if I will attempt this or not.
                    The sultan of spin, a wizard of the arts of speech and text.
                    Making people rage since '05

Comment

Someone already asked this but it went unanwsered what are the benefits of riping the resonator out? Thanks guys

2005 Pontiac G6 V6 Dashhawk, Debadge ,Crabs, LED License plate bulb, LED third brake light , Black Emblem Overlays,Tint 35 percent front, 5 percent rear, Energy Susp. Sway bar bushings, Intake resonator delete.
                      Soon to come>>>> Racingline STB, Custom Flame job interior/engine, FPU, Cquence slotted rotors, Recessed Grilles, Concept darts, Red Gauge face,

Comment

^it allows air to flow into the intake tube more freely as opposed to hitting all the chambers and passages of the resonator. Plus it gives a throaty sound to the car once removed. Take this note-every bend or angle in the intake tract is like adding 6 feet of extra piping (if I remember correctly).
                        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by Widgetworks
                          Is attempting this with the standard floor jack that comes with the car unsafe?

This will determine if I will attempt this or not.
                          Anyone?
                          The sultan of spin, a wizard of the arts of speech and text.
                          Making people rage since '05

Comment

the standard jacks included with cars are completely safe as long as you use the correct point for lifting the car. I wouldn't be climbing under it on a regular basis using the scissor jack but you can use it for this job-shouldn't be an issue
                            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Re: HOW TO - remove the intake resonator in one piece way #

Any way to take this out WITHOUT going through the wheel well? My razzi lip is attatched to the sides and under the factory bumper
                              2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Premium Edition
                              2.0 Turbo 5-Speed Automatic
                              Tsukuba Red

Comment

Re: HOW TO - remove the intake resonator in one piece way #

take the headlight out..... through the wheel well is easier i think though....
                                Mods: Intake resonator removed GTR Exhaust 30% Tint Front 15% Back Crab Intake WAMS 93 octane tune RLP street motor mounts, Debaged, Destriped, and Dashhawk. Infinity Kappa door speakers, Kicker cvx 12, Pioneer AVH-3200 BT Deck, Kicker 700.5 amp

Comment

Working...
                                X