• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: *The official Tire Review Thread*

Tire Brand: General Tire
    Tire Model: Exclaim UHP
    Tire Size: 225/50 R 17

Price Each: It came to $810 for all 4 mounted and balanced.
    Purchased From: OK Tire in Kitchener

Dry Handling: 10
    Wet Handling:9
    Snow Handling: 8
    Road Noise Level:8
    Tire Wear: Rated at 380AA, or roughly 45-50K miles bought them last month
    Overall Rating:9

These were one of the better deals (Canadian dollars here folks) in my area. Higher end Michelin's were $250-300/tire plus install and balance. So for $202 a tire for these Generals was the best move I made. The OEM Conti's were worn out in no time. They lasted me three years, but I only drive 10,000kms a year or so with my 6. I was more amazed with how they performed in snow. The OEM Conti's were terrible on anything but dry roads and these General UHP's outform them five fold. I couldn't have found a better buy.
    2006 Pontiac G6 GT (stock) - 44,000kms
    2000 Dodge Durango R/T (modded) - 185,000kms
    1999 Ford Taurus SE 2V (stock) - 206,000kms

Comment

Tire Brand: Yokohama
      Tire Model: S.drive
      Tire Size: 225/50 R 17

Price Each: It came to $600 for all 4 mounted, balanced and TPMS.
      Purchased From: Discount Tire

Dry Handling: 10 (Sticks like Tiger Woods on white girls)
      Wet Handling: No rain yet
      Road Noise Level:8
      Tire Wear: Just bought them last week and pushing 1k miles but not driving aggressive to see how long they last
      Overall Rating:9

Comment

Tire Brand: Cooper Tires
        Tire Model: CS4
        Tire Size: 245/50 R17

Price: $600 installed for all four
        Purchase Place: Co-op (they order through WW Tire)

Wet Handling: 9
        Snow and Ice Handling: 8 (estimated)
        Road Noise: 10
        Tire Wear: 10 (~50k miles)
        Overall: 9

Driving Style: Moderately Aggressive

These tires work great!! They stick like crazy!! And with the deep grooves I expect there will be awesome handling in the rain/snow/ice!! Tread wear on stock Continentals was 360 and made it 32,000 miles (very bald) and the tread wear on these coopers is rated at 550!!
        Last edited by Matts06GT; 09-11-2010, 04:09 PM.

My Progression---------------------Crimson Crusade---------------------Why Do I Run?
        Originally posted by wzbhnn
        We all like different looks, that's why we mod!!

Comment

Tire Brand: Michelin
          Tire Model: Pilot Sport A/S Plus
          Tire Size: 245/45ZR-18 96Y BSW

Price: $1000 Installed, with warranty and roadhazard
          Purchase Place: Discount Tire Company, Orlando, FL

Wet Handling: (Dont know yet) Will edit when It rains.
          Snow and Ice Handling: N/A (I live in FL)
          Road Noise: 10 (Silent!)
          Tire Wear: 10 (45,000 Mile WARRANTY from Michelin)
          Overall: 10

Driving Style: Moderately Aggressive

I had these tires put on at about 47k to replace the OEM Goodyear POS that came on the car. I have so far put about 1000 miles on them (city and highwya miles) They are a much better tire overall, and seem to stick to the pavement much better than the Goodyears ever hoped to. The road noise so far is significantly less in their new state than the goodyears were while worn. The sidewalls seem to be somewhat stiffer, while still maintaining good ride comfort. I have to try much harder to break them loose while dry. I cannot, and unfortunately will not be able to comment on their snow performance, as living in the south, that's rarely a concern. They are pricey, but so far seem to be worth the extra dough for them.

30% tint front, 15% Tint Back

Mod Wishlist:
          CAI
          MPD Hood
          Exhaust
          ECM Tune

Comment

Tire Brand: Nexen
            Tire Model: N3000
            Tire Size: 225/35/20 90Y

Price Each: $118
            Purchased From: Firestone

Wet Handling: 9
            Road Noise Level: 8
            Tire Wear: to soon to tell.
            Overall Rating: 9

Comments:
            Handle extremely well on dry and wet pavement. i was very surprised. only break loose if you floor it on the white line and thats only for a second before they grip and you go. took a few sharp turns with them and they stick very well. tread wear has no rating bc the tire size is to small for my car for them to give them a rating. road noise is very slight. a TON quieter than my previous tires. very satisfied. great performance tire for a good price.

J DOG

MODS
            35% windshield/ 15% strip to look less illegal, 10% all the way around, 20" Forte F55 Banshee's, custom painted interior, HVAC replace blue LEDS, PYLE double din dvd player, custom trunk with 2 12" Memphis-street edge subs, back up camera, blue LEDs under dash and dome, and 2 blue knight rider led strobe strips in trunk, tinted tails, blue LED reverse lights, debadged/custom vinyl badge, front badge overlay, eyelids, 6000k lows, added OEM fogs, 6000k fogs, third brake light vinyl overlay , shift boot added, blacked out grille, blue leds in grille, canuck springs, BMD endlinks, res delete, stickers

LOTS TO COME!

Progression
            http://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=10929

Comment

Originally posted by Silver X View Post

Tire Brand: Continental
              Tire Model: ExtremeContact DWS
              Tire Size: 225/50R17

Price Each: $121.00 (on sale for $108ea when I got them)
              Purchased From: Tire Rack

Dry Handling: 9
              Dry Traction: 10
              Wet Handling: 10
              Snow Traction: 9
              Road Noise Level: 7
              Tire Wear: no visible wear after 6 months.
              Overall Rating: (1-10) 9

Driving style: Very aggresive

Car is completely stock.

I'm extremely happy with these tires. 1000x better than the OE Hankooks. On dry pavement, the tires will not spin off the line and stick really well in hard corners...a little squishy feeling, but still stick. Very little tire spin when floored on wet pavement. Snow traction is excellent. Stops very well, even without ABS. Still have to be careful accellerating around tight corners, since it just wants to go straight if you get on it too much, but that's expected with FWD cars on ice or snow. With the old tires, the car was useless whenever there was snow or ice, and the car stayed parked. I'll probably use it more this year and save the 4x4 for the really nasty days. I highly recommend these tires.
              ^^^^ Agree, though I haven't tried them in the winter yet, wanted the Potenza RE970A/S but I decided to try these ones and I love them. Once winter comes around and I like how it drives then I might switch to these permanently
              WHAT DO YOU MEAN I'M OUT OF VESPENE GAS?!?!?!
              I'm just one Asian with a American habit

Comment

Has anyone ever done 19s? I am thinking of doing 19s but want to see what others have used
                G-KITT-6

Progression Page
                http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=24023

Eonon Double Din DVD/Nav, Tinted Tails, 2x 12" DC Audio Level 4 12s, Focal 6x9s, Focal 6.5s, 2x Hifonics HFi1500d's, Hifonics HFi440, Injen Intake, Crabs Heat Shield, Racing Line STB, Optima Yellow Top, AutoPage 2 Way Remote Start/Alarm, Flowmaster Dual Exhust, Eibach Lowering springs, 10K HID Projectors

Comment

I believe a couple people have them, but the main reason i didnt go for them it that they cost so much. I looked at the prices compared to 18s and 20s and they were still more. But if you have the money ...

Comment

Working...
                  X