ANGEL EYES! updated 7/2 no new pics, just info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANGEL EYES! updated 7/2 no new pics, just info

Ok so tonight me and my uncle began our angel project for my headlights. Just basially doing a mock up and nothing specific yet. Everything came out awesome (if you exclude our first try, which was like the project's retarded cousin lol). The only thing that screwed everything up was the 20 millicandela single LEDs I bought from radio shack.
    Knowing this was the only problem we ordered 32 single LEDs that each have a 2000 millicandela rating. That is 200 times brighter than the terrible radio shack LEDs.

Please note that the following picture is just a quick mock up with the 20 millicandela single LEDs and once I receive the 2000 millicandela single LEDs the rings will be a hell of a lot brighter.

I should receive the new LEDs within a week and I will keep you guys updated.

Also we have pretty much decided that once we get this down to a science we will start to sell them for specific cars. The first car obviously being the G6. =]

UPDATED:

the LEDs finally came in.

The only part where the light is inconsistent is the top left of the circle because the tube got a lil messed up. Let me make some notes for you guys.

-I am still searching for someone who sells high quality acrylic (also
    provides better clarity)
    -The final product will have something over the LEDs to prevent light from
    escaping.
    -Red is on the end of the color spectrum so red LEDs can only be so
    bright. Blue and White(legal to drive with) will be at least 3 times brighter.

UPDATE 6/19:

I received the new LEDs today but I will be receiving the polycarb either tomorrow or thursday.
    I know you guys were getting antsy so i went ahead and tried all the new LEDs in the old prototype.

Here they are:

WHITE

RED

GREEN

BLUE

AMBER

COLOR CHANGING

7/2 Update:
    Ok guys heres the scoop!

I finally got the polycarb to work correctly. With some carefully applied heat from the torch it allowed the polycarb to get more clear. And me and my uncle constructed a way of cold forming it using bearings.

But we concluded that this is too much work for a decent product.

We did some more research and found out that cast acrylic is perfect for our application. It is more clear than glass and can far withstand the heat from the headlights. I ordered some earlier today so once that comes i will get pictures posted of our final product.

the only bad thing is i have to eat the cost of polycarb =[

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2557626
    2 Time ROTM Champion =P

cool, cant wait for more pics
    Originally posted by TLS2000
    They cleaned my thing out
    g6p memer 22

rip pbm 04 gto 7/7/09

1999 chevy s 10 xtreme
    2007 honda vtx1300

Comment

same hurr
      -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
      Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

I would be game for them. Just remember to give us a deal, we are family..
        "Party Like A Rockstar"

Comment

haha of course =]

what do you guys think would be the best way to get interest for certain cars...just posting on different car forums and stuff?

2 Time ROTM Champion =P

Comment

yeah that would be best, talk to the people on here as well, a lot of people r on other fourms as well, like us in chicago, we have the windy city pontiac forum
            Originally posted by TLS2000
            They cleaned my thing out
            g6p memer 22

rip pbm 04 gto 7/7/09

1999 chevy s 10 xtreme
            2007 honda vtx1300

Comment

Please dont do that to a G6.
              2009 Panther Black G8 GT
              334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Originally posted by G6kid
                haha of course =]

what do you guys think would be the best way to get interest for certain cars...just posting on different car forums and stuff?
                Do one car at a time. Best example is Xtreme Doors. They took a new product and put too much demand on it with a bunch of different forums. They ended up not being able to speedily cover their orders which leads to a bad name in customer service. Finish up your angel eyes. Do a GB here on G6Performance, maybe move on to the G5 forum, that way if people want they can go back and see successful GB's which will help sales and interest.
                BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

reubenk you are so smart =]
                  yeh i know exactly what you mean.

2 Time ROTM Champion =P

Comment

you didn't make that with the acrylic rod for opening/closing blinds did you?
                    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Should look pretty cool!
                      "When you find that you've dug yourself a hole, STOP DIGGING!" -Unknown Car Salesman

Comment

do i sense sarcasm? You asked a basic question so I gave a basic answer. Sorry for trying to help
                        BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

Originally posted by reubenk
                          do i sense sarcasm? You asked a basic question so I gave a basic answer. Sorry for trying to help
                          I think he was being sincere...
                          Originally posted by colinpeddle
                          They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
                          That here, by G6er law, we lie
                          Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
                          THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

The LEDs for halo's just do not last long, ive already done it and LED's suck. CCFL is the way to go.
                            05 G6 GT:front air splitter, "speed limiter" removed. Red halo fog lights. fab'd short ram intake(the 1st). first ever side exhaust G6 =) de-badged, removed and filled f.bumper pontiac symbol (another 1st)
                            90 bmw 535i :turbo, exhaust, intake, a lot...
                            1988 mitsubishi starion esi-r (just bought)
                            F/A-22 raptor crewchief USAF

Comment

Re: Let the angel eye madness begin.

and what the hells this for... looks like a damn slinky that glows in the dark
                              !~ByGe~! or !~bYgShReK~!

EVERYDAY IM HUSTLIN 24\7 365 DAYS

06' GTP COUPE, STAGE 3 CAI, CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
                              FUTURE MODS THIS YEAR: anything that gives horsepower to the wheels cuz money aint a issue
                              SHOOTING FOR HIGH 13'S
                              14.552 @ 98.20 in the 1\4 mile

Comment

Working...
                              X