Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The OFFICIAL G6 Top 1/4 Mile Times List!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The OFFICIAL G6 Top 1/4 Mile Times List!!

Originally posted by CrimsonGTP View Post
    i was just messing....
    As was I lol.
    2009 Ford Mustang Premium Pony 4.0L
    2001 GMC Sierra SL 4.3L

Comment

got a new time to add 13.59@100.94 no longer have any Tq management albert better hurry up and get his engine back together and make a run with cams and see what he does cuz im shooting for 12s this next track season

Comment

Holly poop. A 13.5 with just full exhaust and tunning.... All I can say is WOW... and congrads. I will add you in a bit.

How is the car with no torque management? I was told that you should have some for transmiton life.
        2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
        Gotta have it Green color
        Brembo brake package
        420 HP 5.0L
        Ford Racing Power Pack
        GT500 track pack differential cover
        BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Originally posted by dre256 View Post
          Holly poop. A 13.5 with just full exhaust and tunning.... All I can say is WOW... and congrads. I will add you in a bit.

How is the car with no torque management? I was told that you should have some for transmiton life.
          eh idk ive only put about 100 miles on it since the track since its no longer my DD and is my track car once again and hopefully staying that way......she definately shifts as if your driving a manual with it held to the floor during the shift and dumping the clutch back in lol i have a spare trans at home so not too worried about it..... im thinking it probably doesnt really need built until cams injecors and port and polish which will be done on my spare 3.6 so i may just have the spare trans built and swap it in with the built 3.6 when all of that comes together.....

Comment

Originally posted by SexyG6 View Post
            eh idk ive only put about 100 miles on it since the track since its no longer my DD and is my track car once again and hopefully staying that way......she definately shifts as if your driving a manual with it held to the floor during the shift and dumping the clutch back in lol i have a spare trans at home so not too worried about it..... im thinking it probably doesnt really need built until cams injecors and port and polish which will be done on my spare 3.6 so i may just have the spare trans built and swap it in with the built 3.6 when all of that comes together.....
            Intresting on the shifts. Cant quote me but factory being 100% torque management I belive I have 20%? If you put my spare factory set PCM in you cant feel the engine idle. But my modded PCM you can feel the engine in idle and was told shouldnt get rid of the remaining 20% due to tranny life. I would like to do a larger flex down pipe then redyno tune my car but I dont think a 3900 can come close to what you did with the 3.6L without internal work.

You should dyno your car to see how much power your putting down!

2013 Mustang GT
            Brembo brake package
            420 HP 5.0L
            Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

I wanna get my time down to where cav's is but damn it just dosent seem to improve from the 14.8 mark :/
              2006 nissan x-terra (SOLD)
              2007 nissan altima 4cyl. (totaled)
              2007 nissan altima 3.5L V6 (sold)
              2008 nissan murano (sold)
              2007 chevy suburban (totaled)
              2008 nissan titan (sold)
              2009 pontiac G6 GXP 3.6L V6 (SOLD) D: :sad:
              2008 nissan 350z (stolen) :,(
              1991 240 SX HB (missle car) (STRIPPED FOR PIECES)
              1991 240sx HB (MY GEM) <3
              2010 Nissan 370Z 40th annv. (daily)

Comment

Originally posted by grindingryan View Post
                I wanna get my time down to where cav's is but damn it just dosent seem to improve from the 14.8 mark :/
                What is done to your car?

Alot of it is going to take great custom tunning. Honestly, I am shocked they are running in the high 13s. Weather is also a big factory and track practice too. Average person isnt taking a new mustang 5.0L and hitting the high 12s in it like it could do.

IMO the 3900 is good for a 14.7-14.5 car and the 3.6L is good for 14.5-14.3 with tunning, CAI, exhaust work. To be honest to get it into the 13s is going to take dedication and time. In most likey hood your going to take engine work with tunning to get the engine to respond into the 13s. A few people have of corse from you can see on the 1/4 mile list but I think there more "freak" engines then anything else.

2013 Mustang GT
                Brembo brake package
                420 HP 5.0L
                Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

i got 15.643 in my 06 g6 gt 3.5L lx9. not to bad but im shooting for around 15.2 next track day.

[IMG][/IMG]
                  Mods:Wams lx9 tune, gtp rear valance, custom Flowtech catback, volant cai and box, raceline stb, CM lowering springs, pioneer touch screen stereo, black vinyle arrow head overlays, Pontiac rear window decal and finally g6performance decals.

Not much left without dumping a few grand so I guess ill be redoing the stock sound system with polk audio everything.

Comment

So I ran my car at the strip today ill scan the slip and get it posted later. Best run was 16.033 with .780 r/t at 88.21 mph.

Comment

16sec? Need to get some grip my friend lol.

Comment

haha grip wasn't a problem stock tune so it wont spin even if I wanted it too. boils down to first time at the track with a car period let alone this one. pretty sure I could make it to the high 15s with the way the car is now but its also my daily driver so constant weekend drag runs with no trans cooler and 110k already on the car seems a little foolish.

Comment

Originally posted by AnconaGT View Post
                          16sec? Need to get some grip my friend lol.
                          Originally posted by Drakon543 View Post
                          haha grip wasn't a problem stock tune so it wont spin even if I wanted it too. boils down to first time at the track with a car period let alone this one. pretty sure I could make it to the high 15s with the way the car is now but its also my daily driver so constant weekend drag runs with no trans cooler and 110k already on the car seems a little foolish.

Originally posted by Drakon543 View Post

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Comment

This was with bald tires and 100% stock. The track wasn't that great but we got a few good runs in.

Comment

all i have on it is Crabs CAI, OBX cat back exhaust system, racing Motor mounts, GM HSRK, and Airaid Thorttle body spacer
                              i think i can in the high 14's but i need better tire grip
                              Last edited by G6KinG19; 03-17-2015, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X