Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HIDs! (Any Info or questions post here)

Okay so winter's almost here and it gets dark early. I've decided to buy 4300k HIDs and give them another try (had too many problems with 6000k being the wrong color).

I've set them up with a harness relay and capacitors, but the output "fluctuates". I only see it when stopped behind another vehicle or in front of a wall.

Any ideas? Bulb? Ballast?
    COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6
    Clicky for progression place

CURRENT MODS: C.R.A.B.S. (O3), 20% Tint, Upper & lower recessed grilles (black), LEDs (dome light, trunk, licence plate & reverse lights), DRL delete, intake resonator delete, Dart & trunk keyhole overlays, debadge, '09 Stock radio (with AUX IN), '10 HVAC controls, Hood quicklifts, Eagle Eyes black projector headlights, LED brake/turn lights (including 3rd brake light LED retrofit), Pioneer speakers (front & back), Bazooka BTA8100FHC 8" Subwoofer, Hidden 12v adapter (that turn on with the ignition), EE Halo DRL bypass (How-to).
    MODS - COMING SOON: None... for now!

Also in the parking lot: 2008 Pontiac Torrent "Podium Edition"
    Clicky for progression place

My first G6 - Lease ended - but not forgotten

Comment

Sounds like the ballast isn't providing stable output current.

Comment

So, I was thinking about maybe getting HIDs, but I dont feel like blinding people. So I did a little research. My friend has a older Acura CL Type S and his reflector headlights have HIDs, and those HIDs come stock in Acura's. The HID is the D2R. So i trued to look up D2R H11's, and I cant find them, but I did read something about a conversion kit? Can anyone shed any light on this?
        GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
        2006 G6 GT Coupe | Emerald Green | Plasti-dipped Emblems | Silverstar ZXE's | CRABs Opt. 3 + FPU | OBX Exhaust | Eibach Springs |

Current Ride: 2004 BMW 330i ZHP | IMOLA RED | 6MT

Comment

It seems D2S and D2R have the same base, the R just has a shield for reflector housings.
          As far as I can find there are H11 to D2S adapters but I haven't found much info on actual fitment into an H11 housing. Worth researching though.

I would hope they have something that fits the h11 base tightly.

Comment

Only H11 bulbs fit the H11 socket...

Get Eagle Eyes if you want to use HID's. Don't be the guy with the douchey HID with halogen reflector setup. It just doesn't work properly.
            Eagle Eyes Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/QKH9rY

Spyder Auto Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1iNrmzr

Like-OEM Reflector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1sPAjQi

Comment

Im sorry if this has already been answered but I couldnt look through another 50 pages.... hahaha

I recently installed some 55w 4300k HID's in my lows from hidnation.com. Ive had no problems so far and I had the lights on for 2 hours when I was driving to school. But Ive read a lot about people burning lenses and stuff. Ive been a little worried because I can definitely feel the heat they throw off.

Has anyone had any trouble with the 55w?

Like I said, Ive read about HID's melting the headlights and also fuses....The last thing I want to do is melt or burn anything inside the headlight and/or the fuse box. Im sure the DRL fuse is blown now but Id rather not pull it if I dont have to.

Has anyone melted their fuses using 55w?

lastly, I want to do my fogs now but again with the horror stories about melting small housings...

Has anyone had problems with running 35w 3,000k? What about higher temp bulbs like 12,000k or 30,000k? I want the purple look if possible

Comment

Im sorry if this has already been answered but I couldnt look through another 50 pages.... hahaha

I recently installed some 55w 4300k HID's in my lows from hidnation.com. Ive had no problems so far and I had the lights on for 2 hours when I was driving to school. But Ive read a lot about people burning lenses and stuff. Ive been a little worried because I can definitely feel the heat they throw off.

Has anyone had any trouble with the 55w?

Like I said, Ive read about HID's melting the headlights and also fuses....The last thing I want to do is melt or burn anything inside the headlight and/or the fuse box. Im sure the DRL fuse is blown now but Id rather not pull it if I dont have to.

Has anyone melted their fuses using 55w?

lastly, I want to do my fogs now but again with the horror stories about melting small housings...

Has anyone had problems with running 35w 3,000k? What about higher temp bulbs like 12,000k or 30,000k? I want the purple look if possible

Comment

I've run 35w 5000k in my fogs for years and have never had problems. 55w will melt stock fogs. I also run 35w in my lows so not sure about them getting too hot, but there are quite a few people that do and I haven't heard about any problems.
                  2007 G6 GT

Debadged, CF Overlays, 5% Tint, Tinted Tails, Upper And Lower Recessed Grilles, Eibach Lowering Springs, Painted Calipers, Cross Drilled And Slotted Rotors, K&N CAI W/ CRABS, Tiger Crab, GTR Exhaust, WAMS Tune, Racingline STB, Grounding Kit, and Street MMI's, Redline Quicklifts, Eagle Eye Halo Headlights, Interior LED's, 5K HID'S Lows / Fogs

Comment

I would like to convert my fog lights to HIDs. I have an 09 G6 and from what I understand they take a 9040 bulb and I can't find any HID company that has these bulbs. Anyone have any info on the matter?
                    2009.5 G6 GT Coupe
                    Mods:

CRAB Intake. Custom 2.5" cat back dual out Exhaust. WAMS 93 ECM/Race TCM. Brembos. Eibach Springs. Koni Yellow Struts/Shocks. Racingline STB. Custom 1/0 OFC Grounding Kit. Turbo Cobalt wheels with 245/40/18 Dunlops. Motorsports tech 19mm spacers. Rotorpros Drilled/Slotted Rotors. Debadged. Eagle Eyes CCFL Halo Projector Headlights. DDM 35w 8000k Lows and Fogs. LED Glow Interior Lighting. Ballistic Hollow Point Sound Insulation on doors, rear deck, and trunk. JVC Double Din touch screen head unit. Boston Pro 60s Component speakers and Kicker KS rear deck 6x9s. 2 Kicker Comp R subwoofers 12" in custom sealed box. Kenwood KAC-9106D mono and Alpine MRP-F300 4 channel Amplifiers. Rockford Fosgate 1 Farad Capacitor. Windows 35% Front 20% Rear Tint .Tail lights tinted with VHT Night shade .Compustar Remote Start/Keyless Entry with 1m range upgrade. Racingline MMIs, Trans Cooler, AIT Concept bumpers and side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick15379 View Post
                      I would like to convert my fog lights to HIDs. I have an 09 G6 and from what I understand they take a 9040 bulb and I can't find any HID company that has these bulbs. Anyone have any info on the matter?
                      9040 cross-references to H10

Comment

Originally posted by D0M1NIX View Post
                        9040 cross-references to H10
                        Well, after you said that I ordered H10 Nokya Arctic White bulbs but they didn't fit
                        2009.5 G6 GT Coupe
                        Mods:

CRAB Intake. Custom 2.5" cat back dual out Exhaust. WAMS 93 ECM/Race TCM. Brembos. Eibach Springs. Koni Yellow Struts/Shocks. Racingline STB. Custom 1/0 OFC Grounding Kit. Turbo Cobalt wheels with 245/40/18 Dunlops. Motorsports tech 19mm spacers. Rotorpros Drilled/Slotted Rotors. Debadged. Eagle Eyes CCFL Halo Projector Headlights. DDM 35w 8000k Lows and Fogs. LED Glow Interior Lighting. Ballistic Hollow Point Sound Insulation on doors, rear deck, and trunk. JVC Double Din touch screen head unit. Boston Pro 60s Component speakers and Kicker KS rear deck 6x9s. 2 Kicker Comp R subwoofers 12" in custom sealed box. Kenwood KAC-9106D mono and Alpine MRP-F300 4 channel Amplifiers. Rockford Fosgate 1 Farad Capacitor. Windows 35% Front 20% Rear Tint .Tail lights tinted with VHT Night shade .Compustar Remote Start/Keyless Entry with 1m range upgrade. Racingline MMIs, Trans Cooler, AIT Concept bumpers and side skirts.

Comment

They fit. Trust me. You might have to modify the tabs slightly.

Comment

I paid 300 & it was the whole headlight assembly , it's fucking awesome!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Comment

I have new HID's when I first got them in my car hated them only one side worked, eventually it learned it wont harm her. First of all I have been flicked at like 10 times since fall, poor thing about them the headlights always get fogged up, stupid moisture or haze. It shines good but dont forget the fog lamps
                              Try saying this 3 Times in a Row! 06 G6 V6!

Comment

Working...
                              X