Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, thats really well done. Lots of info there. Thanks!

Mods: Vector 93 ECM/TCM, Addco prototype 7/8" rear sway bar, Powerslot Cryo rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, Yokohama AVID W4S 245/45/18 on Cobalt SS/TC wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6900UB, Alpine PDX-1.600 pushing a 12" Kicker L7, Scosche DIC, Peripheral steering wheel control kit

Comment

Ok so everyone is posting pics of there HIDs head on, when the beam pattern (not how white and bright they look in your camera lens) is what really matters. So generally how low do you have to put you headlamps after an HID install (is it so low that they don't really shine out past a halogen) and how defined are you beam cut offs
      VA All Day!! PWC

Comment

i didnt adjust mine any, and they shine further out and definetly wider

no flashes from people either

Comment

^ same here. Definitely better lighting than stock.

Comment

huzah! now the only thing holding me back from my install is the mail man
            VA All Day!! PWC

Comment

I adjusted mine way the hell upwards so the light would shoot out almost double of stock halogen bulbs and I still rarely get any flashes from other drivers. I've learned to just experiment with my HID installs with adjusting the headlights.
              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

yobrigidey

that was alot of help i dont think i wanna get these now the whole point was for more light output just seems like way to much hassel & not getting the full outcome you are looking for can you guys or girls that have put hid kits on the g6 please post pics to see how it looks & what the glare is like thanks
                My Best 1/4mile time 14.94 auto gtp

Comment

Alright, I took some pictures of my HIDs tonight. I have 4300K in my high beams (from Vision Bulbs) and 6000K in my lows (from Pilot HID)

Low beams only:

High beams only (meaning I just had the switch pulled back, no low beams on at all) Second pic has Nokya Arctic White foglights on (I found out I can have my highs and fogs on at the same time.....not that I would do it ever )

High and low beams (normal high beams)

And these pics help show the difference in colour. The 4300K is the yellow one. The 6000K is actually a bit less blue than the pictures show (the first picture is pretty close):

Comment

They dont really look that much brighter then stock
                    My Best 1/4mile time 14.94 auto gtp

Comment

I don't know, I think those lows are pretty damn bright
                      Originally posted by TLS2000
                      Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                      http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                      GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Originally posted by ginuwine
                        They dont really look that much brighter then stock
                        They are brighter than stock. It's hard to capture in pictures, especially when I don't have stock lights to take a picture of to make the comparison easier.

Comment

Finally got mine in and installed. Did you know that if you don't hook up that connector on the far outside corners of you lights YOUR LIGHTS WON'T COME ON!!!!! go figure
                          VA All Day!! PWC

Comment

Originally posted by krifor03
                            Finally got mine in and installed. Did you know that if you don't hook up that connector on the far outside corners of you lights YOUR LIGHTS WON'T COME ON!!!!! go figure
                            really....can't imagine why

Comment

******SAFTEY NOTE********
                              DO NOT: stare at your HID light bulb when its lit.....very bad. These lights are VERY bright so just don't do it...that is all
                              VA All Day!! PWC

Comment

^have you had a run in with an HID capsule??
                                TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Working...
                                X