Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^it's just easier to pull the fuse and not worry about it, DRL's aren't all that cool anyways

Not to mention most kits will stroke the HID's about 10 times due to the DRL's because the DRL's do not get full power as opposed to the lows/highs when they are turned on so the HID ballasts are like wtf
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
      Well it also depends on what kind you buy. Some make really good kits, and others need modification. Mine have been working perfectly for over a year on the stock harness. My friend recently bought a kit for his honda that was supposedly a direct connection to the factory wires, but he had to do some splicing here and there, change the fuse to a different amp rating, etc.
      What kit do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by injendsm
        Well it also depends on what kind you buy. Some make really good kits, and others need modification. Mine have been working perfectly for over a year on the stock harness. My friend recently bought a kit for his honda that was supposedly a direct connection to the factory wires, but he had to do some splicing here and there, change the fuse to a different amp rating, etc.
        What kit do you have?
        from his cardomain page: "WideView Prime HID 8000K Headlight Conversion Kit "

Comment

I'm running WideView Prime 8000Ks but I don't think you can find them on Ebay anymore. I highly recommend MeccaTune but those you can't find either anymore
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16
            Originally posted by injendsm
            What kit do you have?
            from his cardomain page: "WideView Prime HID 8000K Headlight Conversion Kit "
            Thanks.

Comment

So just bought the hid conversion kit from visionbulbs. Got the 4300's and the xeno-matches for the fogs.

Wondering about which bulbs to get for my highs. Which brand? I'm wanting to keep them all white.
              The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

I believe Nokya Arctic whites would be the best halogen option - they're pretty close (I have them in my fogs). There aren't too many H9 options out there, unfortunately.

Keep in mind the light output from the Nokyas is less than stock bulbs, if that matters to you,

Comment

it's too bad they only make HIR that fit 9005 and 9006 cause those would make a sick high beam combo with the HIDs.

Comment

remember because you have to adjust the lights so high to get the HID's to shoot out far enough it pretty much makes your highs worthless, at least in my car

Comment

Ok for the people with 8000k lights, about how blue does the outputed light look. I don't want straight white but I don't want heavy blue either. I'm stuck between the 6000 and the 8000.
                      VA All Day!! PWC

Comment

4300 is white
                        6000 is white with a hint of blue
                        8000 is blue
                        10000 is blue with a hint of purple, almost a darker blue
                        12000 is purple

The quality of the bulb is going to determine the amount of blue hue you see in 6000 and purple hue you see in 10000.

Also, your own eyes, time of day (if it is earlier in the morning, you may see more blue then dusk hours, where you may see more yellow), etc. will play a factor in the color you see. Your own car color can play tricks on your eyes as well. If you have a white car, you may see more blue in 6000's then if you have a blue car, where the bulbs may seem straight white with zero hint of blue.
                        The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

So are these worth putting on your car then or are you better with stock bulbs i have changed mine to the white color bulbs but i would like the hids but if there are not gonna be alot better then what i have its not really worth the money or the work to do it
                          My Best 1/4mile time 14.94 auto gtp

Comment

The HIDs are much better than stock.

Do it, you'll be happy.

Comment

i got the blue ones and i still like them better than stock, and i lost light output by going blue

Comment

Here is a great article about HIDs, with some good info on the 8000k kits, and the importance of projector retrofits. Everone should read it before purchasing their HIDs

http://www.intellexual.net/hid.html
                                2008 Cobalt SS/TC

14 flat @ 30mpg

Comment

Working...
                                X