...And I bid you all a fond farewell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...And I bid you all a fond farewell

OK, so a lot of you newer members have no idea who I am, and for that I apologize...been away for a while from the forums. I miss reading and posting, and had to come back to say a formal "OUTAHERE".

Yeah, I did it Friday night. I had the itch for some time....Traded the G6 in for an 07 Acura TL Type S 6MT. Got a good deal, and absolutely LOVE this new ride. The technology is incredible, the car is gorgeous, quick, and handles like no 4-door sedan I've ever driven. Of course my wife thinks I've gone off my rocker...only had the 6 for 11 months and did a bunch of mods on it. But as much as I had fun with the 6, I got really tired of, and was a bit freaked out at how fast the resale value was dropping. Also had more than my share of being treated poorly by the Pontiac dealers when I went in for service. So POOF...it's gone.

I want to express my gratitude to Kyle and the excellent group of mods for putting together and maintaining an incredibly fun website. I also want to thank all the helpful and witty guys I've come to know online here. This group is a class act, and I am glad to have shared my experiences with you, and enjoyed your experiences as well. I'll miss you all.

My heartfelt best wishes to everyone!

Dan
    SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
    Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
    CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
    Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

I'm sure someday I'll be back in Aurora to check out the new ride. C'ya Dan.
    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

and you're welcome to hang around here

we won't make fun of you too much
      Originally posted by TLS2000
      Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
      GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

I don't remember you, butt I hate to see people go. I hope your car doesn't give you much trouble in the long run.
        "Party Like A Rockstar"

Comment

you know... 'but' only has one 't' when it is used as a conjunction

Comment

I just love to conjunction butts.
            The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

Originally posted by colinpeddle
              I just love to conjunction butts.

so does your mom

Comment

I don't know what to say to that comment. LOL
                "Party Like A Rockstar"

Comment

You can't leave without posting pics first!!!

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                  - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                  - DS S3 Intake
                  - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Sorry to see you go, Dan. Come back and visit us though, man. Enjoy the new ride.
                    It's all fun and games, until someone gets skull fucked.

SSSS member #2

Comment

best of luck with the new ride!! Stop by when you get a chance!!
                      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

We want pics!!!

John
                        Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

We've been wondering where you've been.

Was that you I saw today on Algonquin and Meacham in Schaumburg in a dark blue TL Type S? Never seen one on the road before and just did today.

Have fun with the new ride and check back here once in a while.
                          2006 Black GTP Sedan

Comment

almost 40k car, that's hot!
                            2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS T/C
                            Black/Black coupe

Comment

Do what ya gotta do.

Comment

Working...
                              X