No announcement yet.

...And I bid you all a fond farewell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice Dan! Only one problem, i think something is wrong your your license plate... Its all blurry?? Either way, that looks like one comfortable, fun driving car! Congrats.

Yes Rev, where have you been hiding at? You and Dan both have taken some time away from us here
    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

"You need to bring it to a Windy City Pontiacs Meet so I can take a look at it... "
      John, let me know where and when the next one is, maybe I 'll be able to make it.

"Very nice Dan! Only one problem, i think something is wrong your your license plate... Its all blurry??"
      Yeah Kyle, you know those damned porters at the dealership!

"Very nice new ride, Dan. Sorry to see you're leaving just when I finally get back on here ..."
      Greg, I may just hang here for some time. Checked out several TL Forums, and to be frank the threads I've read are full of guys who just wait to pounce on each other with insults and act like unruly children. I may go in to check out some mods, troubleshooting, etc...but doubt I'll join em. No way are they as cool and classy as the mods are here.

"damn...now i wish i hadn't looked at this thread"
      I feel your pain! Must have said the same thing a hundred times in here about mods I had no intention of doing on my 6...

"Damn, she's gorgeous! Could they find anywhere else to put "Acura" or "Type-S" though?"
      The only real complaint I have about this car, and it applies to almost all new cars in general, is that the manufacturers have all gotten into this trend of overbadging new cars. I mean look at the size of that Acura logo on the front grille...JEEEEZE! But it's not uncommon, more like it's the new style. Period. Very few new vehicles have tasteful, discreet, small badges or logos any more. And they love to put all that plastic chrome lettering all over the trunks. I may or may not debadge the trunk, but without getting DEEP into mod-land I can't do much about that grille.

I'm afraid that the TL is much like the G6 in one sad way...very few mods available for these cars. Another vehicle the Aftermarket community seems to have for the most part, ignored. That being the case....mods will be few and far between for this new ride.
      Who am I kidding...already pricing tints this week!!!! :smoke:
      SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
      Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
      CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
      Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

To be fair, the Type S hasn't been around that long, has it?

I was only half-serious about that badge comment, but I hear you about cars in general. hence why I ditched the "Pontiac G6" on my trunk. IMO, the Pontiac logo was already there, why say the same thing twice??

At the same time though, I'm rather hypocritical, cause I really wanted those 2006 'GTP' seats..

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
        - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
        - DS S3 Intake
        - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Very nice ride Dan! I like it!
          Originally posted by TLS2000
          It's all fun and games, until someone gets skull fucked.

SSSS member #2

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeGTP
            To be fair, the Type S hasn't been around that long, has it?

I was only half-serious about that badge comment, but I hear you about cars in general. hence why I ditched the "Pontiac G6" on my trunk. IMO, the Pontiac logo was already there, why say the same thing twice??

At the same time though, I'm rather hypocritical, cause I really wanted those 2006 'GTP' seats..
            No it hasn't been around long at all...there was no Type S TL for the past 3 years (since the new body style came out). The 07 year marks the return of the Type S to the TL line. Acura has historically waited several model years to introduce the Type S on any new body style, and sometimes it's only around one or two years before the next gen body. IMO they do it to boost sagging sales.

And I couldn't agree more about the 'GTP' seats....One of the real selling points when I bought my '06...I Loved that logo on the seats. Go figure.
            Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
            Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

Wow, that interor is extremly nice! Congrads :smoke:
              2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
              Gotta have it Green color
              Brembo brake package
              420 HP 5.0L
              Ford Racing Power Pack
              GT500 track pack differential cover
              BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

I wish I can put that engine in my G6. Awesome car.
                The cockpit is very sporty. For the price, the technology and engineering that went into this vehicle is simply amazing. The TL is one of the best sports sedans on the planet.

Comment

286hp would be sweeeet. It's not out of the realm of possibility for the 3.9L and 3.6L. The Type-S engine has an 11:1 compression ratio, if we pulled that off the results would =

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                  - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                  - DS S3 Intake
                  - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeGTP
                    286hp would be sweeeet. It's not out of the realm of possibility for the 3.9L and 3.6L. The Type-S engine has an 11:1 compression ratio, if we pulled that off the results would =
                    Funny you should mention the HP (And it is SWEEEEET). As a side note, Acura had to 'revalue' the HP ratings last year on all the engines they produce, according to the new US Government regs and standards that went into effect. Previously, Acura listed the 3.2 L engine in the TL as 270 HP. Now the same engine in the TL is rated at 258 HP as a result of that revalue.
                    The 3.5 L engine in the TL Type S is the same one that was previously only available in the RL, and it was listed at 300 HP until this year. So take these numbers with a grain of salt...286 or 300...your guess is as good as mine. All I can say is that at this point, I'm only 1/2 way through the break-in miles and cannot accellerate hard yet. However, I have to be honest and say that you only need to tap the accellerator on this puppy...and she takes off. This car has a LOT of power, and it seems to want to let it rip with little or no incouragement. Now these cars are NOT famous for thier 1/4 mile times, nor are they considered "Sports" cars by the pundits. That being said, it's the most nimble, best handling car I've ever owned. Really a pleasure to drive! Although I do have to say the highway ride is a bit harsher than my GTP was. But I love the flat turns at speed...man it handles great! And I opted to not take the "High-performance Summer Tires" because of where I live. I drove one with that option and it was tight!

The only other car I was considering was the new G35 Sport...RWD with 306 HP. Drove it. Wet my pants. Then realized it would be undrivable in snow. Sadly, the G35 X (AWD) does not feel anywhere near as hot from the driver's seat as the Sport does. And it cost a lot more with comparable options. So I found the best all-around car for the cash was this TL Type S...which in the long run is feeling better and better every time I get behind the wheel.

Comment

Working...
                    X