Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by W-BodyGTP
    Originally posted by Blackrider
    the L67 is a great engine but I thing the 3900 would have the edge bosted Vs bosted. purley due to technology.
    lol yeah ok.
    Prove him wrong. The 3900 puts out almost as much N/A on 87 octane as the L67 does with boost running on 93 octane.

If you boost the LZ9 at the same levels as the L67, you'd be looking at ~290ish horsepower and torque or even more.

The L67 is old technology, and is winding down. It will no longer be offered when they get rid of the Grand Prix / redesign it. The 3800 isn't even offered on the Impala or Monte Carlo anymore as it has been replaced by the 3900 as a mid-level engine, and the 5.3 v8 in SS trim.

I'm not saying that the L67 or the 3800 aren't great engines. I'm saying that their time has come and is almost over.

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
      The L67 is old technology, and is winding down. It will no longer be offered when they get rid of the Grand Prix / redesign it.

I'm not saying that the L67 or the 3800 aren't great engines. I'm saying that their time has come and is almost over.
      I hate to tell you this but the L67 has been gone for a few years now.

Anyway, I love your bench racing equation there. You say that boosting the LZ9 is going to put you into around the area of *make up a number and insert it here* with matching torque. But how long do your internals last before they leave a nice mess in your oil pan? And what kind of fuel setup is going to be necessary to keep that motor safe?

You're talking about boosting a platform that wasn't designed for boost. What kind of compression does the LZ9 have? Are the internals even able to handle boost? If so then what about the block? I suppose you could throw in forged parts but what's the point of even making a comparison between the potential of motors if you're swapping in new rods and pistons? If the LZ9 does have forged parts and a strong block then I apologize because I seriously don't know but for some reason, knowing GM, I doubt they do.

The L67s and 32s are capable of 9 second passes with a stock bottom end. Once the G6's are doing that boosted then you let me know and I'll admit I was wrong. Until then, the L67 > LZ9 potential-wise.

Comment

Working...
      X