No announcement yet.

Amplifier wiring kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i had 3 12's hooked up in my old Envoy with the factory Bose system and it sounded alright. it doesn't compare to a nice aftermarket setup, but people who actually paid extra for the Monsoon system i wouldn't swap out for a new setup. i plan on putting one or two 10s in mine and leaving everything else stock.....unless they find a way to isolate the DIC so i can have my AVIC-D1 and my DIC, but i don't see that happening anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadriel
      To be totally honest with you guys, i don't really see the neccesity of changing out the stock headunit, at least for those of us with the monsoon audio system. i assume some would say it is because they want to put sub in the car. well i have been doing some research and there are several companies that are developing harnesses that attatch to the stock radio and add the wonderful feature of pre amp outs. with this product and coupled with the fact that the monsoon system is already amplified and crossed over, a couple of 10 inch subs or one twelve should be kosher. the only reason to go aftermarket IMO would be if you wanted to increase the total volume output by a signifigant amount. but this would include buying a 4 or 6 channel amp for the high end, a set of good component speakers (Diamond Audio, Infinity etc) re crossing all of these speakers, installing a DSP or EQ, and then finnaly hooking up the subs to a seperate two channel amp. unless your going to compete for sound quality at car audio shows, or are just as obscenely anal about sound quality as I am, this just aint worth it.

once again this is just my opinion.
      Hence why I bought a Pioneer with an internal amplifier. The stock Monsoon speakers are excellent speakers, and having an aftermarket radio with a built-in amp is a great way to unleash their full potential. Now, I have eliminated the need to buy new speakers, because they sound great and get no distortion at all, even at higher volumes. All I need is something in the trunk for bass.

Also what ShadowLab said, about being able to play MP3s. It's a lot better than carrying around 100 discs in your car.
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

on that note, it does make sense, especially if you are big on MP3 cd's. i always found myself getting confused with so many songs on one disc. but that does make sense. did they give a reason as to why they never put MP3 capability in the G6 or Malibu?
        2005 G6 GT - slapstick - stealth grey mettalic - Leather, panoramic, heated seats, , 17'' chromes, Hyper White LED map, dome, and plate lights, 30% tint, intake resonator removed, and all other options available for 2005 GT. ECE spec projector headlight retrofit coming next.

Making the world go round since "1981"

Comment

i am definately going to miss not having MP3s in the deck. i loved being able to put a couple hundred songs on a CD and making the 12 hour trip from OH to NH or the 10 hour trip from PA to NH. gonna miss that for sure.

Comment

The main reason I ask this question is because that cheap Scosche kit I had gave me no problems and great sound quality. The RCA cables weren't the greatest, but I read some installation notes and ran them on the other side of the car, away from the power wire, as stated, and I got no radio noise, interference, or anything. And the bass sounded great.
            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Working...
            X