Help with a little identification...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a little identification...

So my 2007 g6 started giving off a rather... pungent smell from the AC. After a little disassembly, we found a small trapdoor under the plastic cowl... with 4 dead mice in it. We'd rather be sure that's all of them, but don't know what it is or where it goes. Any help?

Last edited by th3l0stch1ld; 03-12-2018, 02:26 PM.
    Just because it doesn't fit doesn't mean you should HIT IT WITH A HAMMER.

Re: Help with a little identification...

Kind of looks like a pressure vent to let air escape the interior of the car when you close a door, but those are normally mounted behind the rear bumper on either side of the car.
    I've been looking at part diagrams with no success.

Is there any kind of part number anywhere on that part?

Comment

That... would have been smart. The car is all back together, and unfortunately with the weather the way it is now, I don’t quite think taking it apart again is a good idea.
      As I recall, the Haynes manual doesn’t mention anything about it, but I could have missed something.

It’s under the wiper motor, on the passenger side of the car. Sorry.
      Just because it doesn't fit doesn't mean you should HIT IT WITH A HAMMER.

Comment

No need to apologize. It definitely sounds like it has to do with the fresh air inlet of the hvac system. I can't find any mention of it anywhere, either in parts diagrams or random parts listings that may have to do with the hvac system. Sorry I couldn't be of more help but hopefully the smell is totally gone.

If you still have a lingering odor you can use an odor bomb, maguires makes one, You just run the car with the AC on full re circulation mode and let it go.
        Apparently Ozium can also work pretty well at disinfecting an hvac system. I used both on a first gen equinox to great success. Removed a mildew smell and it never came back

Comment

Working...
        X