Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

im looking to lower my g6 and put wheels on it any suggestions???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im looking to lower my g6 and put wheels on it any suggestions???

im looking to lower my g6. are lowering springs the only method to lowering? or is there other options? And also looking to put 18s on but no clue what wheels/tires to go with

Re: im looking to lower my g6 and put wheels on it any suggestions???

my 2007 came with 18 inch factory wheels so thats one option.

Comment

Lowering springs are the most common and cost effective option to lower your car.
      Megan Racing makes Coilovers for the Saab 9-3, those cars share the same chassis so with slight modification those coils will fit the G6.

As for 18" wheels, given the g6 bolt pattern of 5x110 you don't have many options. Stock 18" wheels is a good option. I got a set of adapters to allow me to run 5x114 wheels and I run a set of 18" Rx-8 wheels in the summer. Tire size you can stick with what was stock for G6's with 18s. As for tire type it depends more on what you want from your tires, ie Performance, wear, seasonal use etc.

Comment

if you decide to cut your springs[assuming its possible on a g6]don't cut off a whole coil.i did that on a 84 camaro and it dropped way too much.

Comment

Don't cut the springs. That's only asking for more issues down the line, and a decrease in handling.
          2007 Pontiac G6 3.5L V6 | 1998 BMW Z3 Dinan

Comment

Lowering springs are pretty affordable nowadays. And it's a perfect opportunity to replace the shocks and struts.

Should you decide to go this route pick your shocks carefully.
            I at first used performance shocks and it made my ride pretty stiff and sporty.
            I recently switched to some monroe cheapo Oespectrums and it made my ride super tolerable with the lowering springs. Still stiff, little bounce but not as harsh over the small bumps.

Comment

Working...
            X