Replace speedometer 09 GXP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replace speedometer 09 GXP

I have a 09 GXP, it has the newer style odometer. The "pegs" are all about 12MPH off, saying its going 50 but your really going 62-64. I got a replacement speedometer but am wondering if there is any special programming or anything needed when installing it. I know how to get it in there, just don't want some security issue and a no-start from it. Thanks

Re: Replace speedometer 09 GXP

Many members including myself have swapped in the newer style clusters with no problems.
    I recall one owner even posted saying they switched to one with a different redline tach gauge.
    From what I gather it all just works out and communicates with the PCM/bcm normally.

Does your speedo rest at zero when stopped?
    Do you have access to an obd scanner?
    I would make sure the computer is even reading the correct speed to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by CruisinG6 View Post
      Many members including myself have swapped in the newer style clusters with no problems.
      I recall one owner even posted saying they switched to one with a different redline tach gauge.
      From what I gather it all just works out and communicates with the PCM/bcm normally.

Does your speedo rest at zero when stopped?
      Do you have access to an obd scanner?
      I would make sure the computer is even reading the correct speed to begin with.
      Well, when at a stop it is below zero. Roughly 10MPH range, we went ahead and took it out of the vehicle this summer and I was able to get the glass off and put the pegs back to where they should be at, 0. When I plugged it back in and put battery back on and tried to start it went back to where it was. When at a stoplight, the RPMS read zero. I do have obd2 scanner, and a Tech 2 and neither one of them had any codes.

Comment

With your scanner look for live data to show vehicle speed while driving.
        If that seems accurate I'd try replacing the cluster. Perhaps it suffered some kind of error throwing all the needles off.

Comment

Working...
        X