Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TIres Suggestion

Hello,

I have a standard '05 G6. The stock tire size is 215/60/16 according to the interwebs. However when I bought the car, it came with 225/50/17 (it has the silver 17" rim). I've been running on this for a couple of years.

My question is, I found a set of 4 tires for $125!!! And I need tires really bad. However these tires are 255/40/17... How bad would this affect my driving? If it's going to damage the car, I will pass on it, however this deal is like no other... I might just buy them to sell them.

All suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Re: TIres Suggestion

image of the tires. THESE for $125! 4 of them!

Comment

I really don't think those are gonna fit you can try but that's just alittle to big

Comment

Damn, I was afraid of that... Might be worth the risk and selling it for $200-$250

Comment

Those won't fit.

First off, they're far too wide. You'd need at least an 8 inch wide wheel for 255s. We have 7 inch wide wheels. 235 is pretty much the limit. Yeah, you could get them on there, but your handling will go to shit with all that sidewall bulge and flex. Then there's the whole issue of the tires possibly rubbing on the fender or suspension.

Second, 255/40/17 is over an inch shorter than your stock size and about an inch shorter than your current 17s. When you'd be running 70mph on the highway, you'd actually be going 66mph. This will eventually cause your odometer to go up faster as well. Everytime a mile ticks by on your odometer, you've probably only done 0.9 actual miles. Not great if you want these tires for 40,000 miles.
          The best tire size calculator. Use our tire size calculator to find tire size specs and suggested tire sizes. Then check prices for all available tire sizes.

Third, your gas mileage will go down.

Lastly, those look like freakin winter tires, man.
          Last edited by slowsedan; 05-25-2017, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Ahhh.. Thanks you slowsedan. I'll pass them up. Appreciate the input.

Comment

Working...
            X